Alaska Software Inc. - Bug on Memo field on FRAX (FastReport) from Spirin Sergey
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Bug on Memo field on FRAX (FastReport) from Spirin Sergey
Osvaldo Luis AokiBug on Memo field on FRAX (FastReport) from Spirin Sergey
on Wed, 06 Oct 2021 22:29:41 +0200
HI,

   I have been problem to print a field as memo type on Alaska Xbase 2.0.
   It works fine on Alaska 1.9.

   In version 2.0 it get a BUG and no record are printed... or return null.

   Any people use Fastreport (FRAX) from Spirin Sergey with Alaska Xbase 2.0 ?

   Or any people has contact with Spirin Sergey ?

   Thanks
   Osvaldo L Aoki
Osvaldo RamirezRe: Bug on Memo field on FRAX (FastReport) from Spirin Sergey
on Wed, 06 Oct 2021 15:48:01 -0600

 >     Or any people has contact with Spirin Sergey ?
 >
 >     Thanks
 >     Osvaldo L Aoki

Hello Osvaldo

I don't thing so, He past away some years ago, and Until now
Nobody know who is or will in charge of his product.

Regards
Osvaldo
Matej JuracRe: Bug on Memo field on FRAX (FastReport) from Spirin Sergey
on Thu, 07 Oct 2021 15:22:03 +0200
Mr. Spirin is dead.

As it is , Frax it is a dead product - source is not available and neither is anyone left on Spirin family/coworkers who would continue it.

Problem between 1.9 and 2.0 is that xpp2.0 cAPI changed on memo fields so where data is inside memo fields it is not propagated to frax.

solution is to replace memo fields (where used for printing) with long character fields and use those (trimmed of course). That works well.

there was also talk about changing some include settings for xpp where capi would switch back to 1.9x capi for compatibility reasons.

Otherwise fr3 reports work well with xpp 2.0 on W10. Still did not test it on W11 .