Alaska Software Inc. - CXP developer available
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: CXP developer available
Nestor G. TorresCXP developer available
on Mon, 18 Jan 2016 19:05:48 +0200
Hi Guys,

If you require a javascript/CXP developer I have now become available.

I'm charging E20/hr.

Have a look at my demo site www.starlightdemo.com and
www.magdasugarart.co.za for an idea of what I have done with Alaska
xBase++/CXP/HTML 5/CSS/javascript/jquery/jquery ui/jquery mobile and a
host of other jquery libraries.

Also look at my home page for other examples of my work:
www.softwareclinic.co.za

Note I have good analytical skills; very good business acumen and
communication skills.

Kind regards to all,
Nestor

visit my LinkedIn profile:

www.linkedin.com/in/NestorGuido
Paul ChongRe: CXP developer available
on Fri, 01 Apr 2016 11:15:44 +0800
On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 19:05:48 +0200, Nestor G. Torres wrote:

Hi i have sent an email to info@softwareclinic.co.za. Pls check. Tq.

> Hi Guys,
>
> If you require a javascript/CXP developer I have now become available.
>
> I'm charging E20/hr.
>
> Have a look at my demo site www.starlightdemo.com and
> www.magdasugarart.co.za for an idea of what I have done with Alaska
> xBase++/CXP/HTML 5/CSS/javascript/jquery/jquery ui/jquery mobile and a
> host of other jquery libraries.
>
> Also look at my home page for other examples of my work:
> www.softwareclinic.co.za
>

> Note I have good analytical skills; very good business acumen and
> communication skills.
>

> Kind regards to all,
> Nestor
>
> visit my LinkedIn profile:
>
> www.linkedin.com/in/NestorGuido
Nestor G. TorresRe: CXP developer available
on Fri, 01 Apr 2016 11:14:10 +0200
Hi Paul,

  I have looked even in my junk folder but have not received.

  I've sent myself an email to info@softwareclinic.co.za just
  to test and I receive ok.

  Not sure why yours is not coming thru...

  My current date time: 1st April 2016 local time 11:07am South Africa

  Maybe try sending to nestor.guido@gmail.com

Kind regards,
Nestor

On 01-Apr-16 5:15 AM, Paul Chong wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 19:05:48 +0200, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
>
> Hi i have sent an email to info@softwareclinic.co.za. Pls check. Tq.
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> If you require a javascript/CXP developer I have now become available.
>>
>> I'm charging E20/hr.
>>
>> Have a look at my demo site www.starlightdemo.com and
>> www.magdasugarart.co.za for an idea of what I have done with Alaska
>> xBase++/CXP/HTML 5/CSS/javascript/jquery/jquery ui/jquery mobile and a
>> host of other jquery libraries.
>>
>> Also look at my home page for other examples of my work:
>> www.softwareclinic.co.za
>>

>> Note I have good analytical skills; very good business acumen and
>> communication skills.
>>

>> Kind regards to all,
>> Nestor
>>
>> visit my LinkedIn profile:
>>
>> www.linkedin.com/in/NestorGuido
Paul ChongRe: CXP developer available
on Wed, 20 Apr 2016 14:08:18 +0800
On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 11:14:10 +0200, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
Hi,

My colleague has sent you an email from ecowave2005@yahoo.com. Have you
receive it? If not probably you can send him an email.

Regards

> Hi Paul,
>
>   I have looked even in my junk folder but have not received.
>
>   I've sent myself an email to info@softwareclinic.co.za just
>   to test and I receive ok.
>
>   Not sure why yours is not coming thru...
>
>   My current date time: 1st April 2016 local time 11:07am South Africa
>
>   Maybe try sending to nestor.guido@gmail.com
>

> Kind regards,
> Nestor
>

> On 01-Apr-16 5:15 AM, Paul Chong wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 19:05:48 +0200, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
>>
>> Hi i have sent an email to info@softwareclinic.co.za. Pls check. Tq.
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> If you require a javascript/CXP developer I have now become available.
>>>
>>> I'm charging E20/hr.
>>>
>>> Have a look at my demo site www.starlightdemo.com and
>>> www.magdasugarart.co.za for an idea of what I have done with Alaska
>>> xBase++/CXP/HTML 5/CSS/javascript/jquery/jquery ui/jquery mobile and a
>>> host of other jquery libraries.
>>>
>>> Also look at my home page for other examples of my work:
>>> www.softwareclinic.co.za
>>>

>>> Note I have good analytical skills; very good business acumen and
>>> communication skills.
>>>

>>> Kind regards to all,
>>> Nestor
>>>
>>> visit my LinkedIn profile:
>>>
>>> www.linkedin.com/in/NestorGuido
Nestor G. TorresRe: CXP developer available
on Wed, 20 Apr 2016 09:02:20 +0200
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes I read his email last night....I will be replying to him sometime
during the day.

Kind Regards,
Nestor

On 20-Apr-16 8:08 AM, Paul Chong wrote:
> My colleague has sent you an email fromecowave2005@yahoo.com. Have you
> receive it? If not probably you can send him an email
Nestor G. TorresRe: CXP developer available
on Wed, 20 Apr 2016 14:11:33 +0200
I just Sent an email to ecowave2005@yahoo.com

On 20-Apr-16 8:08 AM, Paul Chong wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 11:14:10 +0200, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My colleague has sent you an email from ecowave2005@yahoo.com. Have you
> receive it? If not probably you can send him an email.
>
> Regards
>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>>    I have looked even in my junk folder but have not received.
>>
>>    I've sent myself an email to info@softwareclinic.co.za just
>>    to test and I receive ok.
>>
>>    Not sure why yours is not coming thru...
>>
>>    My current date time: 1st April 2016 local time 11:07am South Africa
>>
>>    Maybe try sending to nestor.guido@gmail.com
>>

>> Kind regards,
>> Nestor
>>

>> On 01-Apr-16 5:15 AM, Paul Chong wrote:
>>> On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 19:05:48 +0200, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi i have sent an email to info@softwareclinic.co.za. Pls check. Tq.

Allen Lee Re: CXP developer available
on Wed, 13 Apr 2016 23:13:33 -0700
On 1/18/2016 9:05 AM, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> If you require a javascript/CXP developer I have now become available.
>
> I'm charging E20/hr.
>
> Have a look at my demo site www.starlightdemo.com and
> www.magdasugarart.co.za for an idea of what I have done with Alaska
> xBase++/CXP/HTML 5/CSS/javascript/jquery/jquery ui/jquery mobile and a
> host of other jquery libraries.
>
> Also look at my home page for other examples of my work:
> www.softwareclinic.co.za
>

> Note I have good analytical skills; very good business acumen and
> communication skills.
>

> Kind regards to all,
> Nestor
>
> visit my LinkedIn profile:
>
> www.linkedin.com/in/NestorGuido

Are you interested in writing a session manager for WAA 1.90.331 to
replace the Alaska default session manager?
Nestor G. TorresRe: CXP developer available
on Sat, 16 Apr 2016 16:32:10 +0200
Hi Allen,

Thank you for the offer but that is not in my area of expertise. I am
more into solving and coding business solutions.

Kind regards,
Nestor

On 14-Apr-16 8:13 AM, Allen Lee wrote:
> Are you interested in writing a session manager for WAA 1.90.331 to
> replace the Alaska default session manager?
Allen Lee Re: CXP developer available
on Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:53:34 -0700
How would you solve corrupt sessions resulting from renters all logging
at the same time to rent the same video?

On 4/16/2016 7:32 AM, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
> Hi Allen,
>
> Thank you for the offer but that is not in my area of expertise. I am
> more into solving and coding business solutions.
>
> Kind regards,
> Nestor
>

> On 14-Apr-16 8:13 AM, Allen Lee wrote:
>> Are you interested in writing a session manager for WAA 1.90.331 to
>> replace the Alaska default session manager?

Nestor G. TorresRe: CXP developer available
on Wed, 20 Apr 2016 08:57:43 +0200
Hi Allen,

"How would you solve corrupt sessions resulting from renters all logging
at the same time to rent the same video?"

Our customers currently using Star-Lite have not had any incidents of
double rentals; and the way Star-Lite has been designed I think that
that would be impossible or highly unlikely.

CXP also does not handle my sessions except to set the time-out
parameter for sessions which I set fairly high to allow an online
customer more than a reasonable idle time when making up their minds
or jumping to other web pages outside of Star-Lite.

Note sessions are managed by IIS and not by CXP in my Star-Lite
Application.

Also my controlling parameters are held in Javascript data objects which
are sent to my CXP modules when called via jquery ajax...maybe that is
why I do not seem to have these session management problems that you are
eluding to.

Kind regards,
Nestor

On 19-Apr-16 10:53 PM, Allen Lee wrote:
> How would you solve corrupt sessions resulting from renters all logging
> at the same time to rent the same video?
>
> On 4/16/2016 7:32 AM, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
>> Hi Allen,
>>
>> Thank you for the offer but that is not in my area of expertise. I am
>> more into solving and coding business solutions.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Nestor
>>

>> On 14-Apr-16 8:13 AM, Allen Lee wrote:
>>> Are you interested in writing a session manager for WAA 1.90.331 to
>>> replace the Alaska default session manager?

Allen Lee Re: CXP developer available
on Wed, 20 Apr 2016 11:59:37 -0700
Do you eliminate session management problems by storing the javascript
literal objects as an array in a cookie on the user's device in order to
pass parameters from page to page?

On 4/19/2016 11:57 PM, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
> Hi Allen,
>
> "How would you solve corrupt sessions resulting from renters all logging
> at the same time to rent the same video?"
>
> Our customers currently using Star-Lite have not had any incidents of
> double rentals; and the way Star-Lite has been designed I think that
> that would be impossible or highly unlikely.
>
> CXP also does not handle my sessions except to set the time-out
> parameter for sessions which I set fairly high to allow an online
> customer more than a reasonable idle time when making up their minds
> or jumping to other web pages outside of Star-Lite.
>
> Note sessions are managed by IIS and not by CXP in my Star-Lite
> Application.
>
> Also my controlling parameters are held in Javascript data objects which
> are sent to my CXP modules when called via jquery ajax...maybe that is
> why I do not seem to have these session management problems that you are
> eluding to.
>
> Kind regards,
> Nestor
>

> On 19-Apr-16 10:53 PM, Allen Lee wrote:
>> How would you solve corrupt sessions resulting from renters all logging
>> at the same time to rent the same video?
>>
>> On 4/16/2016 7:32 AM, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
>>> Hi Allen,
>>>
>>> Thank you for the offer but that is not in my area of expertise. I am
>>> more into solving and coding business solutions.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Nestor

Nestor G. TorresRe: CXP developer available
on Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:03:40 +0200
Hi Allen,

I now have a better understanding of your problem that does not apply
within my web application; since I never leave my main page within
Star-Lite.

Raps was designed to stay on one web page and the page changes its
content through manipulating the DOM. No need to pass cookies between
pages.

If I needed to pass data between web pages I would use the cxp SESSION
variable that can be set with any variable data recognized by xBase.

following is an  Alaska sample piece of code describing the session
variable:

<%#PAGE trace="yes" implements="testsession" %>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<!--
/// <code id="2c1c109a-b14e-4c30-9a7c-556551b33637" version="1.0.0"/>
/// <summary>
/// Automatic session management
/// </summary>
/// <objective>
/// The CXP execution infrastructure automatically handles session
/// management for you. Session management is requried to identify
/// incoming requests and to associate them with a specific user/device.
/// In this sample, the basic concepts for storing and retrieving session
/// data are shown. By default, a session has a timeout of 15 minutes,
/// meaning session data is held available for access for a period of 15
/// minutes after it has been stored. With each request from the
user/device
/// this timeout is reset.
/// </objective>
/// <author name="Alaska Software Inc." year="2011"></author>
/// <order id="400"/>
/// <category order="100" tags="intro"/>
///
-->
<Title>Session-Sample</Title>

<%
   /// PCount()>0 means parameters got passed to the :Render() method
   /// of this page/view. Therefore we are executed in a form context.
   IF(Pcount()>0)

     /// Assigning a value to a session variable not only stores
     /// the value, but also creates the variable if it doesn't
     /// exist yet. In this case, the user name input into the
     /// HTML form is read and stored in a session variable
     /// labelled "user".
     ::Session:User := ::Params:User
     ::Session:Time := Time()

     ? "<h1>Form data stored in session object!</h1>"
     ? "<a href='./session.cxp'>Click here to load session data</a>"
     RETURN

   /// Session data is automatically stored in the ::Session
   /// collection. You can probe with the Empty() function or
   /// by checking against NIL.
   ELSEIF(::Session:User==NIL)

     /// No session data there, so we create an HTML form for
     /// the user to enter some data. We will store the data
     /// into the session collection once the user clicks
     /// "submit".
%>
    <h1>Session Basics</h1>

    <form action="session.cxp" method="get">
     Username:<input type="text" name="user" />
     <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>

<%
    RETURN
   ELSE
     /// Session data is available so we dump it out. Note:
     /// session collections are made persistent automatically
     /// and are retrieved automatically by the CXP execution
     /// infrastructure. Any Xbase++ data type including your
     /// own classes are supported.
     ? "<h1>Session data from session object:</h1>"
     ? "User :"+::Session:User+"<br>"
     ? "Entered at: "+::Session:Time+"</h1>"
     ? "<a href='./session.cxp'>Click here to enter new session data</a>"

     /// Assigning NIL to a session variable removes it from
     /// the storage. Existing data is deleted and the "symbol"
     /// user is removed from the session collection.
     ::Session:User := NIL
     ::Session:Time := NIL
   ENDIF
%>

Kind regards,
Nestor

On 20-Apr-16 8:59 PM, Allen Lee wrote:
> Do you eliminate session management problems by storing the javascript
> literal objects as an array in a cookie on the user's device in order to
> pass parameters from page to page?
>
> On 4/19/2016 11:57 PM, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
>> Hi Allen,
>>
>> "How would you solve corrupt sessions resulting from renters all logging
>> at the same time to rent the same video?"
>>
>> Our customers currently using Star-Lite have not had any incidents of
>> double rentals; and the way Star-Lite has been designed I think that
>> that would be impossible or highly unlikely.
>>
>> CXP also does not handle my sessions except to set the time-out
>> parameter for sessions which I set fairly high to allow an online
>> customer more than a reasonable idle time when making up their minds
>> or jumping to other web pages outside of Star-Lite.
>>
>> Note sessions are managed by IIS and not by CXP in my Star-Lite
>> Application.
>>
>> Also my controlling parameters are held in Javascript data objects which
>> are sent to my CXP modules when called via jquery ajax...maybe that is
>> why I do not seem to have these session management problems that you are
>> eluding to.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Nestor
>>

>> On 19-Apr-16 10:53 PM, Allen Lee wrote:
>>> How would you solve corrupt sessions resulting from renters all logging
>>> at the same time to rent the same video?

Nestor G. TorresRe: CXP developer available
on Wed, 20 Apr 2016 13:58:48 +0200