Alaska Software Inc. - Error 5381
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Error 5381
Carlos a Beling Error 5381
on Fri, 16 Feb 2018 10:36:59 -0200
Good morning.
 From time to time on a single client my application has canceled with
error: subCode 5381,: genCode 8999 in DbCommit (). The documentation
refers to DbAppend ().
The client uses Windows 7 06.01 Build 07601 Service Pack 1, Family: "WINNT",
   Xbase ++ (R) Version 2.00.807.
Please anyone know how to avoid it?

Fraternally
Beling
Nestor G. TorresRe: Error 5381
on Fri, 23 Feb 2018 10:09:52 +0200
On 2018/02/16 14:36, Carlos a Beling wrote:
> Good morning.
>  From time to time on a single client my application has canceled with
> error: subCode 5381,: genCode 8999 in DbCommit (). The documentation
> refers to DbAppend ().
> The client uses Windows 7 06.01 Build 07601 Service Pack 1, Family:
> "WINNT",
>    Xbase ++ (R) Version 2.00.807.
> Please anyone know how to avoid it?
>
> Fraternally
> Beling

Hi Beling,

Sometimes anti-virus programs interfere with disc io. I would recommend
to first exclude the directory where the data resides in your anti-virus
software configuration settings.

Kind regards,
Nestor
Carlos a Beling Re: Error 5381
on Fri, 23 Feb 2018 11:01:05 -0300
Hello Nestor.
Good morning.
Many thanks.
Unfortunately the problem occurs eventually, many times in an AppExit()
function, after the file being accessed many times and oError:osCode is
zero.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 23/02/2018 05:09, Nestor G. Torres escreveu:
> On 2018/02/16 14:36, Carlos a Beling wrote:
>> Good morning.
>>  From time to time on a single client my application has canceled with
>> error: subCode 5381,: genCode 8999 in DbCommit (). The documentation
>> refers to DbAppend ().
>> The client uses Windows 7 06.01 Build 07601 Service Pack 1, Family:
>> "WINNT",
>>    Xbase ++ (R) Version 2.00.807.
>> Please anyone know how to avoid it?
>>
>> Fraternally
>> Beling
>
> Hi Beling,
>
> Sometimes anti-virus programs interfere with disc io. I would recommend
> to first exclude the directory where the data resides in your anti-virus
> software configuration settings.
>
> Kind regards,
> Nestor
Jim LeeRe: Error 5381
on Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:59:35 +0200
> Unfortunately the problem occurs eventually, many times in an AppExit()
> function, after the file being accessed many times and oError:osCode is
> zero.

have you try

IF .NOT. EMPTY(WorkSpaceList())
    CLOSE DATABASES
ENDIF

before QUIT ?
Carlos a Beling Re: Error 5381
on Thu, 12 Jul 2018 15:07:26 -0300
Hello JIm.
Good afternoon.
The error occurred in a DbCommit() função inside a recovery struct after
the file to be commited being updated.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 12/07/2018 12:59, Jim Lee escreveu:
>> Unfortunately the problem occurs eventually, many times in an AppExit()
>> function, after the file being accessed many times and oError:osCode is
>> zero.
>
> have you try
>
> IF .NOT. EMPTY(WorkSpaceList())
>      CLOSE DATABASES
> ENDIF
>
> before QUIT ?

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Error 5381
on Thu, 12 Jul 2018 15:25:09 -0400
Carlos,

>The error occurred in a DbCommit() função inside a recovery struct after
>the file to be commited being updated.

As this error isn't documented anywhere, there is no sure way to determine
why it occurs. If I had to guess -- and based on various error logs that I
have seen -- it appears to be a DBE-specific error code that is used
whenever a DBE encounters an internal error, which isn't further specified.

So, the circumstances surrounding the error might be more important than
usual to determine what might have caused this error. For example, the
actual database and index files (their structure, etc.), the OS and network
environment, additional applications, like AntiVirus programs, the DBE and
DBE-related settings that are used, as well as coding patterns, etc. all
might hold a clue as to what went wrong.

Without that information, there is no way to determine what the problem is
and how to fix it. But even with all that information, it might still be
impossible to find the actual cause for the error.

Unless the problem is reproducible in some way, in which case you could
submit it to Alaska, there isn't much else you can do, I'm afraid.

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927