Alaska Software Inc. - What to do with a remote server?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: What to do with a remote server?
Johan TriyonoWhat to do with a remote server?
on Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:44:38 +0200
Hi,

I started with cxp a year ago but gave up and decided to wait with further
development until the documentation gets ready  - but as the documentation
seems to be far ahead in the future I decided to take up the thread again -
but now I'm stuck: My tests with the cxp pages locally works fine, so I
guess I configured IIS correctly at my local PC- but what do I need to do if
I want to test my app on the remote server at our ISP (also running IIS)? I
have no idea where to start... Maybe the whole concept with CXP assumes
local servers?

Regards,

Johan
Jimmy HuangRe: What to do with a remote server?
on Wed, 13 Apr 2016 15:23:53 +0800
Dear Johan,

I have tried to install on a remote server use Aplache_2.2.25 with
mod_fcgid/2.3.6 ,   and It is work: http://115.28.91.213/cxpinfo.cxp
please find the attachment for your reference.

Jimmy Huang(rsidg.com)
"Johan Triyono" 写入消息

Hi,

I started with cxp a year ago but gave up and decided to wait with further
development until the documentation gets ready  - but as the documentation
seems to be far ahead in the future I decided to take up the thread again -
but now I'm stuck: My tests with the cxp pages locally works fine, so I
guess I configured IIS correctly at my local PC- but what do I need to do if
I want to test my app on the remote server at our ISP (also running IIS)? I
have no idea where to start... Maybe the whole concept with CXP assumes
local servers?

Regards,

Johan

Aplache_2.2.25_httpd.conf.png
Aplache_2.2.25_httpd.conf.txt
Johan TriyonoRe: What to do with a remote server?
on Thu, 14 Apr 2016 07:11:23 +0200
Hi Jimmy,

I'm not sure if your advice is relevant for us as but mod_fcgid is as fas as
I understand for solving certain issues with Apache, but our hosted site is
on IIS - and as fas as I have been able to find out our site has fastCgi
running: But I might misunderstand you totally as I am not sure of what I'm
doing at all... My problem is I don't know how to get started - i.e. how to
load my cxp-page when it's on the server, what files to put on the server
and so on. But thank's - all help is appreciated Jimmy!

Regards,

Johan

"Jimmy Huang" skrev i meddelandet

[...]

on Fri, 15 Apr 2016 11:54:35 +0800
Dear Johan,

In fact, I am a new user with CXP, here is referece step for you:
1) Add or sure the web port for IIS service is working(For Example: port 80
or 8080);
2) Add FastCGI module in IIS;
3) Add Cxp-wrok.exe under the FastCGI  setting list ;
4) Add "*.Cxp" resource under the [Handler Mappings] setting list;
5) Copy your CXP source files into your ISP web server somewhere, and add
the main folder into your IIS website tree;
6) Check and sure the [main folder ] can be accessed with IIS_IUSRS windows
account;
7) Restart IIS;
8) Testing under IIS [contentview] file list;

* BTW : Xbase++ 2.0 Installation program can help you do some step:  3-4

I hope it is helpful for you, Good Luck!

Jimmy Huang from China (www.rsidg.com)

"Johan Triyono" 写入消息

[...]

Step5.png
Step6.png
Step7.png
Step8-1.png
Step8-2.png
Step1.png
Step2.png
Step3.png
Step4.png
Jonathan LeemingRe: What to do with a remote server?
on Thu, 14 Apr 2016 11:30:14 -0600
Hi Johan,

I emailed Nestor regarding you question for confirmation of my
anticipated reply...

You would need to install the CXP component for Xbase.  In the Alaska
Xbase++ 2.0 Professional install there is an option... Xbase++ 2.0 for
Web -> CXP Infrastructure.  According to Nestor this will install the
necessary modules.  Of course you would need high level access to your
ISP hosting server.

Keep me posted on your progress... Regards... Jonathan

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:44:38 +0200, Johan Triyono wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I started with cxp a year ago but gave up and decided to wait with further
>development until the documentation gets ready  - but as the documentation
>seems to be far ahead in the future I decided to take up the thread again -
>but now I'm stuck: My tests with the cxp pages locally works fine, so I
>guess I configured IIS correctly at my local PC- but what do I need to do if
>I want to test my app on the remote server at our ISP (also running IIS)? I
>have no idea where to start... Maybe the whole concept with CXP assumes
>local servers?
>
>Regards,
>
>Johan

Jonathan Leeming
jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Johan TriyonoRe: What to do with a remote server?
on Fri, 15 Apr 2016 07:22:02 +0200
Thanks Jimmy and Jonathan!

I'll ask my ISP to add CXP-WORKER.EXE and map it to handle cxp-files -
hopefully they do it promptly: keep your thumbs up!

Regards,

Johan

"Jonathan Leeming" skrev i meddelandet

Hi Johan,

I emailed Nestor regarding you question for confirmation of my
anticipated reply...

You would need to install the CXP component for Xbase.  In the Alaska
Xbase++ 2.0 Professional install there is an option... Xbase++ 2.0 for
Web -> CXP Infrastructure.  According to Nestor this will install the
necessary modules.  Of course you would need high level access to your
ISP hosting server.

Keep me posted on your progress... Regards... Jonathan

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:44:38 +0200, Johan Triyono wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I started with cxp a year ago but gave up and decided to wait with further
>development until the documentation gets ready  - but as the documentation
>seems to be far ahead in the future I decided to take up the thread again -
>but now I'm stuck: My tests with the cxp pages locally works fine, so I
>guess I configured IIS correctly at my local PC- but what do I need to do
>if
>I want to test my app on the remote server at our ISP (also running IIS)? I
>have no idea where to start... Maybe the whole concept with CXP assumes
>local servers?
>
>Regards,
>
>Johan

Jonathan Leeming
jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Johan TriyonoRe: What to do with a remote server?
on Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:08:24 +0200
Hi,

Latest is that our hosting company suggested Windows VPS, so now I'm waiting
for them to get back to me with more info on that: I'll keep you posted!

Regards,

Johan

"Johan Triyono" skrev i meddelandet

Thanks Jimmy and Jonathan!

I'll ask my ISP to add CXP-WORKER.EXE and map it to handle cxp-files -
hopefully they do it promptly: keep your thumbs up!

Regards,

Johan

"Jonathan Leeming" skrev i meddelandet

Hi Johan,

I emailed Nestor regarding you question for confirmation of my
anticipated reply...

You would need to install the CXP component for Xbase.  In the Alaska
Xbase++ 2.0 Professional install there is an option... Xbase++ 2.0 for
Web -> CXP Infrastructure.  According to Nestor this will install the
necessary modules.  Of course you would need high level access to your
ISP hosting server.

Keep me posted on your progress... Regards... Jonathan

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:44:38 +0200, Johan Triyono wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I started with cxp a year ago but gave up and decided to wait with further
>development until the documentation gets ready  - but as the documentation
>seems to be far ahead in the future I decided to take up the thread again -
>but now I'm stuck: My tests with the cxp pages locally works fine, so I
>guess I configured IIS correctly at my local PC- but what do I need to do
>if
>I want to test my app on the remote server at our ISP (also running IIS)? I
>have no idea where to start... Maybe the whole concept with CXP assumes
>local servers?
>
>Regards,
>
>Johan

Jonathan Leeming
jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Nestor G. TorresRe: What to do with a remote server?
on Thu, 21 Apr 2016 10:08:14 +0200
Just to clarify what a VPS (Virtual Private Server) is to the forum:

A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system, and customers have
superuser-level access to that operating system instance, so they can
install almost any software that runs on that OS. For many purposes they
are functionally equivalent to a dedicated physical server, and being
software-defined, are able to be much more easily created and
configured. They are priced much lower than an equivalent physical
server, but as they share the underlying physical hardware with other
VPSs, performance may be lower, and may depend on the workload of other
instances on the same hardware node.

Kind Regards,
Nestor