Alaska Software Inc. - CreateObject - Internet Explorer
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: CreateObject - Internet Explorer
Chris PalmerCreateObject - Internet Explorer
on Mon, 20 May 2013 12:42:58 +0100
I have this simple Function to open Internet Explorer from within the system
:-

FUNCTION OpenWebsite(qWebAddress)
    oOw := CreateObject( "InternetExplorer.Application" )
    oOw:visible := .t.
    oOw:Navigate( qWebAddress )
    return .t.

Is it possible to default to other browsers ( i.e. Chrome ) by the users
default setting ?

Thanks for any help
Chris
James LoughnerRe: CreateObject - Internet Explorer
on Mon, 20 May 2013 12:34:45 -0400
On 05/20/2013 07:42 AM, Chris Palmer wrote:
> I have this simple Function to open Internet Explorer from within the system
> :-
>
> FUNCTION OpenWebsite(qWebAddress)
>      oOw := CreateObject( "InternetExplorer.Application" )
>      oOw:visible := .t.
>      oOw:Navigate( qWebAddress )
>      return .t.
>
> Is it possible to default to other browsers ( i.e. Chrome ) by the users
> default setting ?
>
> Thanks for any help
> Chris

Depends on if they have an ActiveX interface.

Jim
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: CreateObject - Internet Explorer
on Mon, 20 May 2013 13:03:46 -0400
Chris,

>Is it possible to default to other browsers ( i.e. Chrome ) by the users
>default setting ?

Why not let the OS do that for you? You could use the following:

ShellExecuteOpen(qWebAddress)

* SW Constants (sorted alphabetically) for "ShellExecuteA()" *
#define SW_FORCEMINIMIZE		11
#define SW_HIDE				 0
#define SW_MAX				11
#define SW_MAXIMIZE			 3
#define SW_MINIMIZE			 6
#define SW_RESTORE			 9
#define SW_SHOW				 5
#define SW_SHOWDEFAULT			10
#define SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED		 3
#define SW_SHOWMINIMIZED		 2
#define SW_SHOWMINNOACTIVE		 7
#define SW_SHOWNA			 8
#define SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE		 4
#define SW_SHOWNORMAL			 1

Function ShellExecuteOpen(cFile, cParameters, cDir, nMode, oDlg)
LOCAL cStartDir := iif(empty(cDir), CurDir(), cDir)
LOCAL nWinMode  := iif(nMode == NIL, SW_SHOWNORMAL, nMode)
LOCAL nHandle   := iif(oDlg  == NIL, AppDesktop():GetHWnd(), oDlg:GetHWnd())
LOCAL nError    := DllCall("Shell32.dll", DLL_STDCALL, "ShellExecuteA", nHandle, "open", cFile, cParameters, cStartDir, nWinMode)
return (nError)

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl