Alaska Software Inc. - XbpGet()
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: XbpGet()
Carlos a Beling XbpGet()
on Tue, 20 Dec 2016 12:09:21 -0200
Hello:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Please, how, using XbpGet(), can I edit a field that uses ::picture :=
'@Sany number'

Fraternally
Beling

Old and very nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S-IidmcSN8
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: XbpGet()
on Tue, 20 Dec 2016 11:53:45 -0500
Carlos,

>Please, how, using XbpGet(), can I edit a field that uses ::picture :=
>'@Sany number'

The "@S" picture function is meaningless in the context of XbpSLE() objects
(from which XbpGet() is derived) as you can always scroll left/right in
those objects. The "@S" picture function is only useful in Get() objects,
so I recommend you simply don't use it with XbpGet() objects.

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Carlos a Beling Re: XbpGet()
on Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:14:56 -0200
Hello Andreas.
Good evening.
Many thanks again
I have many '@S...' in a Clipper legacy and to rebuild the screens  will
be very hard. I think that the best way for me to accomplish this task
may be to calculate the XbpSle size based upon the number of characters
define in the picture.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 20/12/2016 14:53, Andreas Gehrs-Pahl escreveu:
> Carlos,
>
>> Please, how, using XbpGet(), can I edit a field that uses ::picture :=
>> '@Sany number'
>
> The "@S" picture function is meaningless in the context of XbpSLE() objects
> (from which XbpGet() is derived) as you can always scroll left/right in
> those objects. The "@S" picture function is only useful in Get() objects,
> so I recommend you simply don't use it with XbpGet() objects.
>
> Andreas

Wolfgang CiriackRe: XbpGet()
on Wed, 21 Dec 2016 07:44:33 +0100
Am 20.12.2016 um 19:14 schrieb Carlos a Beling:
> Hello Andreas.
> Good evening.
> Many thanks again
> I have many '@S...' in a Clipper legacy and to rebuild the screens  will
> be very hard. I think that the best way for me to accomplish this task
> may be to calculate the XbpSle size based upon the number of characters
> define in the picture.
>
> Fraternally
> Beling
>

> Em 20/12/2016 14:53, Andreas Gehrs-Pahl escreveu:
>> Carlos,
>>
>>> Please, how, using XbpGet(), can I edit a field that uses ::picture :=
>>> '@Sany number'
>>
>> The "@S" picture function is meaningless in the context of XbpSLE()
>> objects
>> (from which XbpGet() is derived) as you can always scroll left/right in
>> those objects. The "@S" picture function is only useful in Get() objects,
>> so I recommend you simply don't use it with XbpGet() objects.
>>
>> Andreas

If you want a fast solution to convert your clipper dialogs, have a look
at eXPress++ from Roger Donnay.
Carlos a Beling Re: XbpGet()
on Wed, 21 Dec 2016 11:30:19 -0200
Hello Wolfgang.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Many thanks.
I will take a look at it.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 21/12/2016 04:44, Wolfgang Ciriack escreveu:
> Am 20.12.2016 um 19:14 schrieb Carlos a Beling:
>> Hello Andreas.
>> Good evening.
>> Many thanks again
>> I have many '@S...' in a Clipper legacy and to rebuild the screens  will
>> be very hard. I think that the best way for me to accomplish this task
>> may be to calculate the XbpSle size based upon the number of characters
>> define in the picture.
>>
>> Fraternally
>> Beling
>>

>> Em 20/12/2016 14:53, Andreas Gehrs-Pahl escreveu:
>>> Carlos,

>>> The "@S" picture function is meaningless in the context of XbpSLE()
>>> objects
>>> (from which XbpGet() is derived) as you can always scroll left/right in
>>> those objects. The "@S" picture function is only useful in Get()
>>> objects,
>>> so I recommend you simply don't use it with XbpGet() objects.
>>>
>>> Andreas
>>>
> If you want a fast solution to convert your clipper dialogs, have a look
> at eXPress++ from Roger Donnay.
Jorge LRe: XbpGet()
on Fri, 23 Dec 2016 07:26:41 -0300
Hi Carlos
try with SLEPic from James Loughner

"Carlos a Beling"  escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:17a06c1e$625df0e2$29a292@news.alaska-software.com...

Hello Wolfgang.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Many thanks.
I will take a look at it.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 21/12/2016 04:44, Wolfgang Ciriack escreveu:
> Am 20.12.2016 um 19:14 schrieb Carlos a Beling:
>> Hello Andreas.
>> Good evening.
>> Many thanks again
>> I have many '@S...' in a Clipper legacy and to rebuild the screens  will
>> be very hard. I think that the best way for me to accomplish this task
>> may be to calculate the XbpSle size based upon the number of characters
>> define in the picture.
>>
>> Fraternally
>> Beling
>>

>> Em 20/12/2016 14:53, Andreas Gehrs-Pahl escreveu:
>>> Carlos,

>>> The "@S" picture function is meaningless in the context of XbpSLE()
>>> objects
>>> (from which XbpGet() is derived) as you can always scroll left/right in
>>> those objects. The "@S" picture function is only useful in Get()
>>> objects,
>>> so I recommend you simply don't use it with XbpGet() objects.
>>>
>>> Andreas
>>>
> If you want a fast solution to convert your clipper dialogs, have a look
> at eXPress++ from Roger Donnay.
James LoughnerRe: XbpGet()
on Fri, 23 Dec 2016 13:49:10 -0500
Here is the SLEPic URL

http://www.gogalthorp.com/

Jim

Note I Us the FD to layout the windows and replace all XbpSLE code with
SLEPic. This gives full @get utility. Read the header on the prg file

I use #define XbpSLE SLEPic at the bottom of the utilization-level prg
before the #include for the implementation level. This in the Class code
generated by the FD.

Embrace Classes they truly make things easier but converting old
procedural code can be trying

And yes it works in all versions of Xbase++

On 12/23/2016 05:26 AM, Jorge L wrote:
> Hi Carlos
> try with SLEPic from James Loughner
>
> "Carlos a Beling"  escribió en el mensaje de
> noticias:17a06c1e$625df0e2$29a292@news.alaska-software.com...
>
> Hello Wolfgang.
> Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
> Many thanks.
> I will take a look at it.
>
> Fraternally
> Beling
>
> Em 21/12/2016 04:44, Wolfgang Ciriack escreveu:
>> Am 20.12.2016 um 19:14 schrieb Carlos a Beling:
>>> Hello Andreas.
>>> Good evening.
>>> Many thanks again
>>> I have many '@S...' in a Clipper legacy and to rebuild the screens  will
>>> be very hard. I think that the best way for me to accomplish this task
>>> may be to calculate the XbpSle size based upon the number of characters
>>> define in the picture.
>>>
>>> Fraternally
>>> Beling

>> If you want a fast solution to convert your clipper dialogs, have a look
>> at eXPress++ from Roger Donnay.

Carlos a Beling Re: XbpGet()
on Fri, 23 Dec 2016 17:02:28 -0200
Hello Jorge and Jim.