Alaska Software Inc. - how to activate dbfcdx in cxp
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: how to activate dbfcdx in cxp
Zdenko Bielikhow to activate dbfcdx in cxp
on Thu, 29 Jan 2015 19:18:14 +0100
Hi,

with great help of Roger Donnay (*) I successfully translated my some first
Xbase++/eXpress++ screen/code into CXP versions and first beta version of my
"app" will be soon ready to test with my end-customer.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to set-up dbfcdx engine in my cxp file,
because I use in my Windows version DBFCDX(not FOXCDX) for creating dbf
files and cdx indexes.
Although now I can currently access to my DBF data(not CDX) with default
FOXCDX engine with cxp, but I want/need access it via DBFCDX, because I need
also associated cdx index files - my idea is simultaneously access to the
same databases/indexes with WinApp and WebApp.

Please, how this can be done/solve?

With best regards and TIA

              Zdeno

(*)  http://donnay-software.com/ds/index.cxp - new website is done in CXP
now
      many tips and examples you can found in his web-forum at
http://bb.donnay-software.com/Donnay/index.php
Andreas HerdtRe: how to activate dbfcdx in cxp
on Tue, 03 Feb 2015 14:04:56 +0100
Hello Mr Bielik,

In a page-global section load the DBFDBE. The CDXDBE is already loaded. Then
build the DBFCDX. Assure the FOXCDX remains the default DBE to avoid any
side effects with the session management.

When opening a table use the function DBUseArea() that allows you to
specifie DBFCDX explicit. Of course you can set DBFCDX being the default DBE
prior opening a table using the USE command, however, revert to the prior
default after the USE command was executed.

Hope this helps,

With my best regards,

Andreas Herdt
Alaska Software

Technical Support: support@alaska-software.com

News Server: news.alaska-software.com
Homepage: http://www.alaska-software.com
WebKnowledgeBase: http://www.alaska-software.com/kbase.shtm

Fax European Office: +49 (0) 61 96 - 77 99 99 23
Fax US Office: +1 (646) 218 1281

"Zdenko Bielik" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

[...]

Zdenko BielikRe: how to activate dbfcdx in cxp
on Wed, 04 Feb 2015 15:24:38 +0100
Hi Mr. Herdt,

many thanks for instructions, but unfortunately it doesn't work or I do
somewhere mistake.
In attached simple example if I unmark lines 15, 17 and 157, it will not
work anymore.
Please, where is still error?

With best regards and TIA

              Zdeno

"Andreas Herdt" napísal v správe

[...]

test02.zip
Andreas HerdtRe: how to activate dbfcdx in cxp
on Thu, 05 Feb 2015 09:50:14 +0100
Hello Mr Bielik,

Please take care to create the table using the proper engine. For this the
function
DbCreate() also has a parameter to explicitly set the dbe to use.

--
[...]

on Thu, 05 Feb 2015 11:21:50 +0100
Hello Mr. Herdt,

thank you very much. After adding that optional DBE parameter for dbCreate,
it looks that it works OK in test program now, and I will do more tests in
real situations too later.

With best regards

Hello Mr Bielik,

Please take care to create the table using the proper engine. For this the
function
DbCreate() also has a parameter to explicitly set the dbe to use.

Hope this helps,

With my best regards,

Andreas Herdt
Alaska Software
Zdenko BielikRe: how to activate dbfcdx in cxp
on Thu, 02 Apr 2015 15:31:22 +0200
Hello Mr. Herdt,

I have two big problems with supporting our national characters with CXP.

First problem is with correct sorting/indexing of CDX files
- if CXP engine create or update index file, or any records are
added/updated/deleted,
then cdx file is not created/updated correctly - just see left sides of
attached pictures.

When I simply open just created dbf file with cdx files created by attached
TestCdx.Cxp,
it is also wrong displayed in Xbase++,

BUT when I re-index the same dbf(created and filled with cxp), all is OK
now!
(see right side of that picture or try open dbf with index file created with
Xbase++ in sub-folder Xbase-OK)

Why? Where is problem?

Second problem is with displaying our characters with Cxp engine
- I did try many combinations of CharSet, e.g Win1250, ISO-8859-2 or Utf-8,
but with none I can't get correct result for data from dbf or from cxp file.
(html versions looks ok, see next picture)

There are in Xbase++ more ways for manipulating/setting string-data, e.g.
Set CharSet To Oem/Ansi
or ConvToAnsiCP/ConvToOemCP, but I can't find in help/documentation any
informations about setting for non-english languages support for Cxp engine,
or what are current settings.

Please, can you help me with this?

TIA & With best regards

              Zdeno

test02b.zip
Zdenko BielikRe: how to activate dbfcdx in cxp
on Tue, 14 Apr 2015 11:52:32 +0200
Hi,

does someone use non-English CharSet in CXP files?
What are your settings for successfully working with national characters?
How do you show national chars in cxp file?
How do you set-up environment variables or "what other" for correct indexing
national chars in cxp file too?
Are there any informations available, because I can not find nothing about
this in Alaska's help file...

TIA & Regards
              Zdeno
Jan KonieczynRe: how to activate dbfcdx in cxp
on Mon, 28 Sep 2015 10:40:00 +0200
Dear Mr. Bielik

Did you handle it? I have similar situation with polish characters.
I would be grateful if you could explain solution. If any exists…

Yours sincerely
Jan Konieczny

Zdenko Bielik wrote in message news:2bc1a487$344c7d0a$7986a@news.alaska-
software.com...
>Hi,
>
>does someone use non-English CharSet in CXP files?
>What are your settings for successfully working with national characters?
>How do you show national chars in cxp file?
>How do you set-up environment variables or "what other" for correct indexing
>national chars in cxp file too?
>Are there any informations available, because I can not find nothing about
>this in Alaska's help file...
>
>TIA & Regards
>              Zdeno
Zdenko BielikRe: how to activate dbfcdx in cxp
on Wed, 30 Sep 2015 17:25:44 +0200
Hi Jan,

I stopped working in CXP and I already converted almost code to Xb2Net
now(before HttpEndPoint).
There are many post from me on Roger's web-forum - please try find it and
read it

- here are some links: - please, read whole discusions in each tread
http://bb.donnay-software.com/donnay/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1572
http://bb.donnay-software.com/donnay/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1480

           Zdeno
Allen Lee Re: how to activate dbfcdx in cxp
on Tue, 31 May 2016 20:22:22 -0700
Hi Zdenko:
It was interesting to learn about your experiences with CXP.
I am using WAA ver 1.9 with a view to converting the code to CXP version 2.
 From your developer perspective do you think it is viable to migrate
from WAA to Xb2.net for 1.9?