Alaska Software Inc. - control the resizing of a window
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: control the resizing of a window
Jorge L. Borlandocontrol the resizing of a window
on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 13:02:47 -0300
Hello everybody, good morning
I would need your help and advice if possible

I have the following situation that I show in 2 parts in the attached image,
I insert an XbpBrowse inside an XbpDialog, when resizing the width of the
XbpDialog and it exceeds the width of the xbpbrowse I have an empty area as
shown in the image

How would it be possible to stop the resizing of the XbpDialog when its
width exceeds the width of the XbpBrowse?

Best regards, Jorge Borlando

img1.png
Osvaldo RamirezRe: control the resizing of a window
on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 10:05:39 -0700
On 10/10/18 9:02 AM, Jorge L. Borlando wrote:
> Hello everybody, good morning
> I would need your help and advice if possible
>
> I have the following situation that I show in 2 parts in the attached
> image,
> I insert an XbpBrowse inside an XbpDialog, when resizing the width of
> the XbpDialog and it exceeds the width of the xbpbrowse I have an empty
> area as shown in the image
>
> How would it be possible to stop the resizing of the XbpDialog when its
> width exceeds the width of the XbpBrowse?
>
> Best regards, Jorge Borlando
Well, you can set the max size of the xbpdialog as the same size of the
xbpbrowse, maybe it could be done inside of the resize callback ?

best regards
Osvaldo ramirez
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: control the resizing of a window
on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 19:18:52 -0300
Osvaldo, Zupan

thank you very much for the advice, but allow me to rearm the question

how can I determine the size of the browse if during the execution they can
change the size of the columns?

"Osvaldo Ramirez" wrote in message
> On 10/10/18 9:02 AM, Jorge L. Borlando wrote:
>> Hello everybody, good morning
>> I would need your help and advice if possible
>>
>> I have the following situation that I show in 2 parts in the attached
>> image,
>> I insert an XbpBrowse inside an XbpDialog, when resizing the width of the
>> XbpDialog and it exceeds the width of the xbpbrowse I have an empty area
>> as shown in the image
>>
>> How would it be possible to stop the resizing of the XbpDialog when its
>> width exceeds the width of the XbpBrowse?
>>
>> Best regards, Jorge Borlando
> Well, you can set the max size of the xbpdialog as the same size of the
> xbpbrowse, maybe it could be done inside of the resize callback ?
>
> best regards
> Osvaldo ramirez
Osvaldo RamirezRe: control the resizing of a window
on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 16:40:49 -0700
On 10/10/18 3:18 PM, Jorge L. Borlando wrote:
> Osvaldo, Zupan
>
> thank you very much for the advice, but allow me to rearm the question
>
> how can I determine the size of the browse if during the execution they
> can change the size of the columns?
>

> "Osvaldo Ramirez" wrote in message
>> On 10/10/18 9:02 AM, Jorge L. Borlando wrote:
>>> Hello everybody, good morning
>>> I would need your help and advice if possible
>>>
>>> I have the following situation that I show in 2 parts in the attached
>>> image,
>>> I insert an XbpBrowse inside an XbpDialog, when resizing the width of
>>> the XbpDialog and it exceeds the width of the xbpbrowse I have an
>>> empty area as shown in the image
>>>
>>> How would it be possible to stop the resizing of the XbpDialog when
>>> its width exceeds the width of the XbpBrowse?
>>>
>>> Best regards, Jorge Borlando
>> Well, you can set the max size of the xbpdialog as the same size of
>> the xbpbrowse, maybe it could be done inside of the resize callback ?
>>
>> best regards
>> Osvaldo ramirez

I suppose that you want to resize the xbpdialog when you resize a column
and then resize the xbpdialog ?

It is correct ?
Jim LeeRe: control the resizing of a window
on Thu, 11 Oct 2018 03:28:36 +0200
> how can I determine the size of the browse if during the execution they
> can change the size of the columns?

    sum Columne wide

   jMax := oBrowse :colCount
   FOR j := 1 TO jMax
      oCol  := oBrowse :getColumn( j )
      aSize := oCol:dataarea:currentsize()
      nSum  += aSize[ 1 ]
   NEXT
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: control the resizing of a window
on Thu, 11 Oct 2018 12:46:19 -0300
Hi Jim, Osvaldo thank you for the tip

On the one hand I have observed that when the xbpbrowse is created, it
creates 2 XbpscrolBar () and then 3 XbpStatic (), the 2nd XbpStatic
(::ChildList()[4]:currentSize()) returns the size of the XbpBrowse()

Starting from this comment or your proposal, establishing oDlg: maxsize
works fine

.. but .....
when configuring oDlg: maxSize and then expanding to the width of a column,
oDlg: resizing does not allow me to enlarge unless I first reduce its size

- with what callback / method and what object can I find out that a column
has been resized?

tanks again , best regards

"Jim Lee" wrote in message
>> how can I determine the size of the browse if during the execution they
>> can change the size of the columns?
>
>    sum Columne wide
>
>   jMax := oBrowse :colCount
>   FOR j := 1 TO jMax
>      oCol  := oBrowse :getColumn( j )
>      aSize := oCol:dataarea:currentsize()
>      nSum  += aSize[ 1 ]
>   NEXT

Jim LeeRe: control the resizing of a window
on Fri, 12 Oct 2018 22:47:02 +0200
hi,

> - with what callback / method and what object can I find out that a column
> has been resized?

you can have

  oDialog:DrawingArea:resize := {|aOldSize, aNewSize, oSelf|
DoSomething(aOldSize, aNewSize, oSelf) }
  oBrowse:resize := {|aOldSize, aNewSize, oSelf| DoSomething(aOldSize,
aNewSize, oSelf) }
  oColumn:resize := {|aOldSize, aNewSize, oSelf| DoSomething(aOldSize,
aNewSize, oSelf) }

to start from DrawingArea using Childlist() it it easy but if you want to
start from inside ...

guess you use oColumn:resize to change Parent Size ...
if Parent use resize Callback Slot too it will start to resize Child !
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: control the resizing of a window
on Tue, 16 Oct 2018 08:25:37 -0300
Hi Jimmy
I could try and understand the concept and it works fine
from XbpColumn(): resize () I take the change, I look for the father and
change :: MaxSize

thank you very much!

"Jim Lee" wrote in message
> hi,
>
>> - with what callback / method and what object can I find out that a
>> column has been resized?
>
> you can have
>
>  oDialog:DrawingArea:resize := {|aOldSize, aNewSize, oSelf|
> DoSomething(aOldSize, aNewSize, oSelf) }
>  oBrowse:resize := {|aOldSize, aNewSize, oSelf| DoSomething(aOldSize,
> aNewSize, oSelf) }
>  oColumn:resize := {|aOldSize, aNewSize, oSelf| DoSomething(aOldSize,
> aNewSize, oSelf) }
>
> to start from DrawingArea using Childlist() it it easy but if you want to
> start from inside ...
>
> guess you use oColumn:resize to change Parent Size ...
> if Parent use resize Callback Slot too it will start to resize Child !

Zupan Miran Re: control the resizing of a window
on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 22:38:07 +0200
Hi
I use

  oDlg:create()

//*** prevent resizing
   aSize := oDlg:currentsize()
   oDlg:maxsize := {aSize[1],aSize[2]}
   oDlg:minsize := {aSize[1],aSize[2]}

Regards
Miran Zupan

---
Ta e-pošta je bila pregledana z Avast protivirusnim programom.