Alaska Software Inc. - VLC
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: VLC
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeVLC
on Tue, 05 Jun 2018 00:25:01 +0200
Hi,

Does anyone use the VLC activeX control (XbpActiveXControl)? I do it, but it
seems that it has more stability problems. Does anyone use any other
alternative for RTSP?

Regards. Diego
Pascal BoivinRe: VLC
on Tue, 05 Jun 2018 17:31:43 +0200
Hi

I use it from C# to take snapshot from live camera (RTSP). I use one
thread per camera. In the main thread, once per minute memory usage
using the command line TASKLIST

TASKLIST /fi "IMAGENAME eq MyApp.exe" /FO CSV /NH

When memory usage goes over 700Mb my app close itself and restart. I
was not sure if problem were from VLC, VLC.Net or my app. VLC.Net is
just a wrapper for VLC Active/X. Before checking for memory usage,
Windows would just crash after 2-3 days.

We are upgrading all camera to use ONVIF instead of RTSP. With ONVIF,
you can simply call an HTTP url and receive a snapshot. No need for any
library. Doesn't use memory or CPU.

If your camera is ONVIF compatible, try this (with the real IP)

http://192.168.123.65/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=0

But it is only for snapshot, not for streaming. It was okay for me.
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: VLC
on Tue, 05 Jun 2018 21:31:46 +0200
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply, it will be very useful. I will do some
test with specific threads.

The ONVIF path is not possible since we do not manage cameras, but  H.264
Multimedia processors for streaming (Extron SMP 351), which we use to
broadcast via streaming and record clinical supervision sessions.

Regards. Diego
Jim LeeRe: VLC
on Tue, 19 Jun 2018 00:08:48 +0200
hi,

> Does anyone use the VLC activeX control (XbpActiveXControl)? I do it, but
> it seems that it has more stability problems. Does anyone use any other
> alternative for RTSP?

as i remember VLC activeX just have Method to "play" but not to stream ?

neverless VLC can also use Command line and have dshow:// Option which can
be use with CAM or Video-Grabber.

open VLC -> Recording Device.
press Button Option and search for Checkbox "Device Property" and enable it
when press Play Button now some Dialog will open to configure VLC

you can enhance VLC Window an find Command line Parameter on Bottom

Example ( all in 1 Line ! )

"C:\Windows\System32\C2MP\VLCPortable.exe" -vvv dshow://
:dshow-vdev="Dexetek Polaris Video Capture"
:dshow-adev=
:dshow-size="720x576"
:dshow-aspect-ratio=4\:3
:dshow-chroma=YUY2
:dshow-fps=25
:dshow-config
:no-dshow-tuner
:dshow-tuner-channel=0
:dshow-tuner-frequency=0
:dshow-tuner-country=0
:dshow-tuner-standard=16
:dshow-tuner-input=0
:dshow-video-input=1
:dshow-video-output=-1
:dshow-audio-input=2
:dshow-audio-output=-1
:dshow-amtuner-mode=0
:dshow-audio-channels=2
:dshow-audio-samplerate=48000
:dshow-audio-bitspersample=16
:live-caching=300
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: VLC
on Tue, 19 Jun 2018 22:59:05 +0200
Hi,

Thanks for reply.

> as i remember VLC activeX just have Method to "play" but not to stream ?

No, I have used the VLC activeX control for this purpose for several years
with the 2.x.x versions without any problem, look at the screenshot. I said
without problems, but there has always been one: when you click on the
volume control an error occurs in the application when it goes down to 0
(that's why I always deactivated that control).

Unfortunately, the 3.x versions have incorporated problems in the toolbar
management.  They can be corrected, but the feeling is that these versions
incorporates an instability that did not exist before. In contrast, the 4.x
(beta) "nightly builds"  work perfectly for this purpose.

I attach the example that I used to do different tests (ot4xb required).

Regards. Diego

GVI.png
TEST.zip
Jim LeeRe: VLC
on Wed, 20 Jun 2018 04:43:43 +0200
hi,

thx for Code but as i say
oVLC:playlist:play()
is to play a existing file

what i mean is the CAM from Notebook which does not work with AVI-Capture
any more.
using VLC i can use CAM as Input and make a Snapshot with Print-Screen but
only as Command line not as activeX
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: VLC
on Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:03:37 +0200
Jim,

> thx for Code but as i say
> oVLC:playlist:play()
> is to play a existing file

No, it's the way to activate any media.

> what i mean is the CAM from Notebook which
> does not work with AVI-Capture any more.

Yes I know, but... that is another subject.

> using VLC i can use CAM as Input and
> make a Snapshot with Print-Screen but
> only as Command line not as activeX

This code activates the webcam:

   oVLC:playlist:add( 'dshow://'  )
   oVLC:playlist:play()

TEST.zip
Jim LeeRe: VLC
on Wed, 20 Jun 2018 16:11:15 +0200
> This code activates the webcam:
>
>   oVLC:playlist:add( 'dshow://'  )
>   oVLC:playlist:play()

WOW ... i did not know that i can use it this Way.

THX
M.B. BaijuRe: VLC
on Fri, 22 Jun 2018 11:32:11 +0200
Diego,

how to make loop the video.
oVLC:playlist:loop:=.t. //not working

Regards,

M.B.BAIJU

Jose Antonio Diego Kereje wrote in message
>Jim,
>
>> thx for Code but as i say
>> oVLC:playlist:play()
>> is to play a existing file
>
>No, it's the way to activate any media.
>
>> what i mean is the CAM from Notebook which
>> does not work with AVI-Capture any more.
>
>Yes I know, but... that is another subject.
>
>> using VLC i can use CAM as Input and
>> make a Snapshot with Print-Screen but
>> only as Command line not as activeX
>
>This code activates the webcam: