Alaska Software Inc. - windows 10 Systems very very slow.
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: windows 10 Systems very very slow.
M.B. Baijuwindows 10 Systems very very slow.
on Tue, 02 Jun 2020 17:16:32 +0200
Hello,

This is repeat message of Jim Lee "Windows 10 GDI32 very slow PDR 7111"
on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:19:35 +0100

>>they talk about CFG (Control Flow Guard) but i'm not sure about it.
>>i have made a small App to put 1000 Controls on a Dialog.

>>>so Windows 10 ist 250% slower that 8.1 and 400% to Windows 7 !

It is 100% true.

I am attaching his program here. It is very slow even with 32GB Ram & i7 processor PC'S !

Alaska development team, please do some thing about this.

Now for a long time there has been no new update from you !

Before I posted one mail, 12 Tab with 24 browse one form it takes around
2 to 3 minutes. This same thing in dot.net takes only fraction of seconds !

Please do something, in windows 7 PC's it will be little better.

Nowadays most of the PC's are Windows 10 as windows 7 officially ended by Microsoft.

Regards,

M.B.BAIJU

SLE1000.ZIP
Matej JuracRe: windows 10 Systems very very slow.
on Thu, 04 Jun 2020 08:32:02 +0200
Hello Mr. Baiju

I tried attached source and:

compiled it with xpp r. 2.00.1185
test runs in 2.15sec

I compiled it with xpp r. 1.90.335
test runs 2.36s

Directly on VM, no rdp times are 2.35s and 2.76s

platform windows 10 Pro, R.1909
Vmware VM with two cores of i7-4500U (that is a old mobile cpu), allocated 7GB of RAM, Windows Defender active and Intel CPU mitigations active
Connected with RDP from another windows10 machine.

All 'beauty' visual effects are off, except show window content while dragging and font smoothing.

Personally, I find it reasonably fast for 1000 SLE controls. It is not on par with .net or html5 rendering but still satisfactory iMHO

We could submit it to alaska team, but we need to reproduce problem constantly.

Mr Baiju could you try this sample on Virtual Machine with generic installation of Windows 10? Install virtualisation platform (something like qemu or virtualbox) download windows ISO from microsoft and install it inside VM, then just copy runtime and exe and try it?

Or easier: on another windows 10 machine, just copy exe and runtime then run it.

Greetings. M

M.B. Baiju wrote in message news:303b83c$1c0f2797$3601f@news.alaska-software.com...
>Hello,
>
>This is repeat message of Jim Lee "Windows 10 GDI32 very slow PDR 7111"
>on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:19:35 +0100
>
>>>they talk about CFG (Control Flow Guard) but i'm not sure about it.
>>>i have made a small App to put 1000 Controls on a Dialog.

>It is 100% true.
>
>I am attaching his program here. It is very slow even with 32GB Ram & i7 processor PC'S !
>
>Alaska development team, please do some thing about this.
>
>Now for a long time there has been no new update from you !
>
>Before I posted one mail, 12 Tab with 24 browse one form it takes around
>2 to 3 minutes. This same thing in dot.net takes only fraction of seconds !
>
>Please do something, in windows 7 PC's it will be little better.
>
>Nowadays most of the PC's are Windows 10 as windows 7 officially ended by Microsoft.
>

>Regards,
>
>M.B.BAIJU

Edgar Borger Re: windows 10 Systems very very slow.
on Sat, 06 Jun 2020 12:55:52 -0300
Hi

I got 3.30 secs.

Win 10, 1909
I7
8Mb RAM
SDD hard drive
Xbase 1.90.335 (SL1)

regards,
Edgar

Em 04/06/2020 03:32, Matej Jurac escreveu:
> Hello Mr. Baiju
>
> I tried attached source and:
>
> compiled it with xpp r. 2.00.1185
> test runs in 2.15sec
>
> I compiled it with xpp r. 1.90.335
> test runs 2.36s
>
> Directly on VM, no rdp times are 2.35s and 2.76s
>
> platform windows 10 Pro, R.1909
> Vmware VM with two cores of i7-4500U (that is a old mobile cpu), allocated 7GB of RAM, Windows Defender active and Intel CPU mitigations active
> Connected with RDP from another windows10 machine.
>
> All 'beauty' visual effects are off, except show window content while dragging and font smoothing.
>
> Personally, I find it reasonably fast for 1000 SLE controls. It is not on par with .net or html5 rendering but still satisfactory iMHO
>

> We could submit it to alaska team, but we need to reproduce problem constantly.
>

> Mr Baiju could you try this sample on Virtual Machine with generic installation of Windows 10? Install virtualisation platform (something like qemu or virtualbox) download windows ISO from microsoft and install it inside VM, then just copy runtime and exe and try it?
>
> Or easier: on another windows 10 machine, just copy exe and runtime then run it.
>

> Greetings. M
>

> M.B. Baiju wrote in message news:303b83c$1c0f2797$3601f@news.alaska-software.com...
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is repeat message of Jim Lee "Windows 10 GDI32 very slow PDR 7111"
>> on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:19:35 +0100

>> It is 100% true.
>>
>> I am attaching his program here. It is very slow even with 32GB Ram & i7 processor PC'S !
>>
>> Alaska development team, please do some thing about this.
>>
>> Now for a long time there has been no new update from you !
>>
>> Before I posted one mail, 12 Tab with 24 browse one form it takes around
>> 2 to 3 minutes. This same thing in dot.net takes only fraction of seconds !
>>
>> Please do something, in windows 7 PC's it will be little better.
>>
>> Nowadays most of the PC's are Windows 10 as windows 7 officially ended by Microsoft.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> M.B.BAIJU

Edgar Borger Re: windows 10 Systems very very slow.
on Sat, 06 Jun 2020 13:02:21 -0300
Hi

I got 3.30 secs.

Win 10, 1909 - 64 Bits
I7
8Mb RAM
SDD hard drive
Xbase 1.90.335 (SL1)

0.90 secs

same amchine, Win 10, 1909 as RDP to
WIN Server 2012 R2 - 64 bits
CPU Xeon E31220 @ 3.10 GHz
RAM 15Gb

BIG DIFFERENCE, much smaller time, even it is a RDP x local machine (no
network)

regards,
Edgar

Em 04/06/2020 03:32, Matej Jurac escreveu:
> Hello Mr. Baiju
>
> I tried attached source and:
>
> compiled it with xpp r. 2.00.1185
> test runs in 2.15sec
>
> I compiled it with xpp r. 1.90.335
> test runs 2.36s
>
> Directly on VM, no rdp times are 2.35s and 2.76s
>
> platform windows 10 Pro, R.1909
> Vmware VM with two cores of i7-4500U (that is a old mobile cpu), allocated 7GB of RAM, Windows Defender active and Intel CPU mitigations active
> Connected with RDP from another windows10 machine.
>
> All 'beauty' visual effects are off, except show window content while dragging and font smoothing.
>
> Personally, I find it reasonably fast for 1000 SLE controls. It is not on par with .net or html5 rendering but still satisfactory iMHO
>

> We could submit it to alaska team, but we need to reproduce problem constantly.
>

> Mr Baiju could you try this sample on Virtual Machine with generic installation of Windows 10? Install virtualisation platform (something like qemu or virtualbox) download windows ISO from microsoft and install it inside VM, then just copy runtime and exe and try it?
>
> Or easier: on another windows 10 machine, just copy exe and runtime then run it.
>

> Greetings. M
>

> M.B. Baiju wrote in message news:303b83c$1c0f2797$3601f@news.alaska-software.com...
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is repeat message of Jim Lee "Windows 10 GDI32 very slow PDR 7111"
>> on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:19:35 +0100

>> It is 100% true.
>>
>> I am attaching his program here. It is very slow even with 32GB Ram & i7 processor PC'S !
>>
>> Alaska development team, please do some thing about this.
>>
>> Now for a long time there has been no new update from you !
>>
>> Before I posted one mail, 12 Tab with 24 browse one form it takes around
>> 2 to 3 minutes. This same thing in dot.net takes only fraction of seconds !
>>
>> Please do something, in windows 7 PC's it will be little better.
>>
>> Nowadays most of the PC's are Windows 10 as windows 7 officially ended by Microsoft.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> M.B.BAIJU

Osvaldo RamirezRe: windows 10 Systems very very slow.
on Thu, 04 Jun 2020 11:48:04 -0600
Hello guys

The Attached program, how can I download it ?

Best Regards
Osvaldo Ramirez

On 02/06/20 9:16, M.B. Baiju wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is repeat message of Jim Lee "Windows 10 GDI32 very slow PDR 7111"
> on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:19:35 +0100
>
>>> they talk about CFG (Control Flow Guard) but i'm not sure about it.
>>> i have made a small App to put 1000 Controls on a Dialog.

> It is 100% true.
>
> I am attaching his program here. It is very slow even with 32GB Ram & i7 processor PC'S !
>
> Alaska development team, please do some thing about this.
>
> Now for a long time there has been no new update from you !
>
> Before I posted one mail, 12 Tab with 24 browse one form it takes around
> 2 to 3 minutes. This same thing in dot.net takes only fraction of seconds !
>
> Please do something, in windows 7 PC's it will be little better.
>
> Nowadays most of the PC's are Windows 10 as windows 7 officially ended by Microsoft.
>

> Regards,
>
> M.B.BAIJU
>
> begin 666 SLE1000.ZIP
> M4$L#!!0``@`(`,5Z;4[^YVKIZP```-0!```+````4%)/2D5#5"Y84$IUD$V+
> MPC`0AN^"_V$.'K6)76%AP4,_QA+M-B%)1:A21#R(4G4%/_[]QJ;;5ECG$C+/
> M.S/O3"8DGV*@5]T.F`CXMV`Q@HTQW$^G%Y!/8B]2!I`"R`W(&<AQR?WI$JPL
> M1#^-<N7-T=871YN/4@9-C.&QO5@0LV2&L@'KPZ[8-ZB:5R*B]-<'_70II?TA
> M=4?FM4(9Y"W?IL?/I@9U?=GA:O/&<!XR60]UGBNT%OC/Z!RE8CRI@>M4TZL#
> M.@MA6G0[6>M?'57%.#1F'5Q@J6C]C8(0Z"GM23WP4LU#%)B$KW6EN3\A%V]U
> M0D;P%/X"4$L#!!0``@`(`#U];4Z0ZEBN70$``%T"```+````4TQ%,3`P,"Y0
> M4D=54E]K@S`<?"_T._Q(7W3-7&S+-H0]B#HVL'6HA;(W:X,-=48T6S=*O_L2
> M8__E(2%WN<N=<<2JO/S>4$"K=6WE6P3#P>B,N75-?V@E>F(X^(@C+_"7<0"2
> M:O_:X2`.TF6\N.7F[KM$PLAS0Z@"98#AJ[;5-,'`Y4UPHKE?%I)@&*I$9(WH
> M5EXK/]`DG(;S`E+ILZSDA6$Z%=T;,H1/VYT4&"9@#`>"R5$N-IG,\-/C\Q%,
> M.!LY@HF2:B-D$T(@"0-(:2O0]:&LW86L%>J4E5H7(F]H)JAA7I`WMI'[3NO)
> MCK3Q>"4:7AH=;>H.NI9R2P(O6OA)KWB-8F`*MB&-0,51J!S=Y]%=9;Z^J+[0
> M;[(]JPI7)L&`#PRSA]G=5!<F>$J.VKHWN4F\"%9I'X?7-VDN?9(MW^O]O"W6
> M_-=`GY0)0.,DC8U.>*_;F&,$"<TM9%Z]DR-?0K;_4P[ZIX!_4$L!`A0`%``"
> M``@`Q7IM3O[G:NGK````U`$```L``````````0`@`````````%!23TI%0U0N
> M6%!*4$L!`A0`%``"``@`/7UM3I#J6*Y=`0``70(```L``````````0`@````
> E%`$``%-,13$P,#`N4%)'4$L%!@`````"``(`<@```)H"````````
> `
> end

Matej JuracRe: windows 10 Systems very very slow.
on Fri, 05 Jun 2020 07:45:06 +0200
head on to news.alaska-software.com and download it from first post of this thread.

Or copy paste it into file and run UUE decode on it.

Osvaldo Ramirez wrote in message news:7fba8e7$10b3b785$4258a@news.alaska-software.com...
>Hello guys
>
>The Attached program, how can I download it ?
>
>Best Regards
>Osvaldo Ramirez
>

>On 02/06/20 9:16, M.B. Baiju wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is repeat message of Jim Lee "Windows 10 GDI32 very slow PDR 7111"
>> on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:19:35 +0100

>> It is 100% true.
>>
>> I am attaching his program here. It is very slow even with 32GB Ram & i7 processor PC'S !
>>
>> Alaska development team, please do some thing about this.
>>
>> Now for a long time there has been no new update from you !
>>
>> Before I posted one mail, 12 Tab with 24 browse one form it takes around
>> 2 to 3 minutes. This same thing in dot.net takes only fraction of seconds !
>>
>> Please do something, in windows 7 PC's it will be little better.
>>
>> Nowadays most of the PC's are Windows 10 as windows 7 officially ended by Microsoft.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> M.B.BAIJU
>>
>> begin 666 SLE1000.ZIP
>> M4$L#!!0``@`(`,5Z;4[^YVKIZP```-0!```+````4%)/2D5#5"Y84$IUD$V+
>> MPC`0AN^"_V$.'K6)76%AP4,_QA+M-B%)1:A21#R(4G4%/_[]QJ;;5ECG$C+/
>> M.S/O3"8DGV*@5]T.F`CXMV`Q@HTQW$^G%Y!/8B]2!I`"R`W(&<AQR?WI$JPL
>> M1#^-<N7-T=871YN/4@9-C.&QO5@0LV2&L@'KPZ[8-ZB:5R*B]-<'_70II?TA
>> M=4?FM4(9Y"W?IL?/I@9U?=GA:O/&<!XR60]UGBNT%OC/Z!RE8CRI@>M4TZL#
>> M.@MA6G0[6>M?'57%.#1F'5Q@J6C]C8(0Z"GM23WP4LU#%)B$KW6EN3\A%V]U
>> M0D;P%/X"4$L#!!0``@`(`#U];4Z0ZEBN70$``%T"```+````4TQ%,3`P,"Y0
>> M4D=54E]K@S`<?"_T._Q(7W3-7&S+-H0]B#HVL'6HA;(W:X,-=48T6S=*O_L2
>> M8__E(2%WN<N=<<2JO/S>4$"K=6WE6P3#P>B,N75-?V@E>F(X^(@C+_"7<0"2
>> M:O_:X2`.TF6\N.7F[KM$PLAS0Z@"98#AJ[;5-,'`Y4UPHKE?%I)@&*I$9(WH
>> M5EXK/]`DG(;S`E+ILZSDA6$Z%=T;,H1/VYT4&"9@#`>"R5$N-IG,\-/C\Q%,
>> M.!LY@HF2:B-D$T(@"0-(:2O0]:&LW86L%>J4E5H7(F]H)JAA7I`WMI'[3NO)
>> MCK3Q>"4:7AH=;>H.NI9R2P(O6OA)KWB-8F`*MB&-0,51J!S=Y]%=9;Z^J+[0
>> M;[(]JPI7)L&`#PRSA]G=5!<F>$J.VKHWN4F\"%9I'X?7-VDN?9(MW^O]O"W6
>> M_-=`GY0)0.,DC8U.>*_;F&,$"<TM9%Z]DR-?0K;_4P[ZIX!_4$L!`A0`%``"
>> M``@`Q7IM3O[G:NGK````U`$```L``````````0`@`````````%!23TI%0U0N
>> M6%!*4$L!`A0`%``"``@`/7UM3I#J6*Y=`0``70(```L``````````0`@````
>> E%`$``%-,13$P,#`N4%)'4$L%!@`````"``(`<@```)H"````````
>> `
>> end

Osvaldo RamirezRe: windows 10 Systems very very slow.
on Fri, 05 Jun 2020 11:31:19 -0600
Maybe is the newsreader software that show a lot of chars and not the
file itself.

Thanks anyway

Regards
Osvaldo Ramirez

On 04/06/20 23:45, Matej Jurac wrote:
> head on to news.alaska-software.com and download it from first post of this thread.
>
> Or copy paste it into file and run UUE decode on it.
>

> Osvaldo Ramirez wrote in message news:7fba8e7$10b3b785$4258a@news.alaska-software.com...
>> Hello guys
>>
>> The Attached program, how can I download it ?
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Osvaldo Ramirez
>>

>> On 02/06/20 9:16, M.B. Baiju wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This is repeat message of Jim Lee "Windows 10 GDI32 very slow PDR 7111"
>>> on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:19:35 +0100

>>> It is 100% true.
>>>
>>> I am attaching his program here. It is very slow even with 32GB Ram & i7 processor PC'S !
>>>
>>> Alaska development team, please do some thing about this.
>>>
>>> Now for a long time there has been no new update from you !
>>>
>>> Before I posted one mail, 12 Tab with 24 browse one form it takes around
>>> 2 to 3 minutes. This same thing in dot.net takes only fraction of seconds !
>>>
>>> Please do something, in windows 7 PC's it will be little better.
>>>
>>> Nowadays most of the PC's are Windows 10 as windows 7 officially ended by Microsoft.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> M.B.BAIJU
>>>
>>> begin 666 SLE1000.ZIP
>>> M4$L#!!0``@`(`,5Z;4[^YVKIZP```-0!```+````4%)/2D5#5"Y84$IUD$V+
>>> MPC`0AN^"_V$.'K6)76%AP4,_QA+M-B%)1:A21#R(4G4%/_[]QJ;;5ECG$C+/
>>> M.S/O3"8DGV*@5]T.F`CXMV`Q@HTQW$^G%Y!/8B]2!I`"R`W(&<AQR?WI$JPL
>>> M1#^-<N7-T=871YN/4@9-C.&QO5@0LV2&L@'KPZ[8-ZB:5R*B]-<'_70II?TA
>>> M=4?FM4(9Y"W?IL?/I@9U?=GA:O/&<!XR60]UGBNT%OC/Z!RE8CRI@>M4TZL#
>>> M.@MA6G0[6>M?'57%.#1F'5Q@J6C]C8(0Z"GM23WP4LU#%)B$KW6EN3\A%V]U
>>> M0D;P%/X"4$L#!!0``@`(`#U];4Z0ZEBN70$``%T"```+````4TQ%,3`P,"Y0
>>> M4D=54E]K@S`<?"_T._Q(7W3-7&S+-H0]B#HVL'6HA;(W:X,-=48T6S=*O_L2
>>> M8__E(2%WN<N=<<2JO/S>4$"K=6WE6P3#P>B,N75-?V@E>F(X^(@C+_"7<0"2
>>> M:O_:X2`.TF6\N.7F[KM$PLAS0Z@"98#AJ[;5-,'`Y4UPHKE?%I)@&*I$9(WH
>>> M5EXK/]`DG(;S`E+ILZSDA6$Z%=T;,H1/VYT4&"9@#`>"R5$N-IG,\-/C\Q%,
>>> M.!LY@HF2:B-D$T(@"0-(:2O0]:&LW86L%>J4E5H7(F]H)JAA7I`WMI'[3NO)
>>> MCK3Q>"4:7AH=;>H.NI9R2P(O6OA)KWB-8F`*MB&-0,51J!S=Y]%=9;Z^J+[0
>>> M;[(]JPI7)L&`#PRSA]G=5!<F>$J.VKHWN4F\"%9I'X?7-VDN?9(MW^O]O"W6
>>> M_-=`GY0)0.,DC8U.>*_;F&,$"<TM9%Z]DR-?0K;_4P[ZIX!_4$L!`A0`%``"
>>> M``@`Q7IM3O[G:NGK````U`$```L``````````0`@`````````%!23TI%0U0N
>>> M6%!*4$L!`A0`%``"``@`/7UM3I#J6*Y=`0``70(```L``````````0`@````
>>> `
>>> end

Edgar Borger Re: windows 10 Systems very very slow.
on Sat, 06 Jun 2020 12:50:34 -0300
Osvaldo

if you go to news.alaska-software.com in your webbrowser, you can
download it from there.

Regards,
Edgar