Alaska Software Inc. - BOX Command?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: BOX Command?
Al WimberlyBOX Command?
on Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:38:27 -0400
I keep getting an "Invalid use of @ (pass by reference) operator" error when
trying to use the BOX command. I'm using the Xbase++ box.ch file.  Just
can't seem to figure this one out.

Thanks

Al
AUGE_OHRRe: BOX Command?
on Sat, 03 Apr 2010 17:59:50 +0200
hi,

>I keep getting an "Invalid use of @ (pass by reference) operator" error
>when trying to use the BOX command. I'm using the Xbase++ box.ch file.
>Just can't seem to figure this one out.

it is same as Cl*pper look at "@...BOX"

     @ <nTop>, <nLeft>, <nBottom>, <nRight>
        BOX <cBoxString> [COLOR <cColorString>]

        #include "Box.ch"
         Draw a box with a double-line top with a single-line side
        @ 1, 1, 22, 79 BOX B_DOUBLE_SINGLE
         Draw the same box filling the box region with spaces
        @ 1, 1, 22, 79 BOX B_DOUBLE_SINGLE + SPACE(1)

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Al WimberlyRe: BOX Command?
on Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:07:53 -0400
I used the Funcky Box() function in my Clipper stuff and at first it seemed
that switching to Xbase++ was going to require the use of the BOX command. I
then found the Xbase++ DispBox() function. I just put a wrapper named
DrawBox() around DispBox() to deal with a couple of parameter issues, and it
works fine.

I still don't know why I get the error message.