Alaska Software Inc. - XbpColumn RowHeight xBase 2.0
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: XbpColumn RowHeight xBase 2.0
Adrian WykrotaXbpColumn RowHeight xBase 2.0
on Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:07:56 +0100
I have a problem when migrating project to 2.0

AADD( aPP, {XBP_PP_COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT, ::High})

has no effects.
Is any solution for this ?

Adrian Wykrota
Peter AlderliestenRe: XbpColumn RowHeight xBase 2.0
on Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:23:17 +0100
Adrian,

> I have a problem when migrating project to 2.0
>
> AADD( aPP, {XBP_PP_COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT, ::High})
>
> has no effects.
> Is any solution for this ?

Setting the row height this way works, I can show you.
You need to supply a sample, so it is clear where and when you apply these
presentation parameters.

Peter
Adrian WykrotaRe: XbpColumn RowHeight xBase 2.0
on Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:28:50 +0100
My small sample:

  AADD( aPP, {XBP_PP_COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT, ::High})

  oColumn := ComColumnLocal():new(,,,, aPP )
  oColumn:dataLink   := bDataLink
  oColumn:aHeaders := aHead
  oColumn:Footer := Footing
  IF ::ColorBlock <> NIL
    oColumn:ColorBlock := ::ColorBlock
  ENDIF
  IF ::DrawCustom <> NIL .AND. ::DrawCustom
    oColumn:drawMode:= XBP_DRAW_OWNER
  ENDIF

  oObj := ::XbpBrowse:AddColumn(oColumn, nWidth, aHead[2], Footing, nType)

I know that was work in 1.90, but no work in 2.0.

Użytkownik "Peter Alderliesten" napisał w wiadomości grup

Adrian,

> I have a problem when migrating project to 2.0
>
> AADD( aPP, {XBP_PP_COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT, ::High})
>
> has no effects.
> Is any solution for this ?

Setting the row height this way works, I can show you.
You need to supply a sample, so it is clear where and when you apply these
presentation parameters.

Peter
Thomas BraunRe: XbpColumn RowHeight xBase 2.0
on Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:41:36 +0100
Adrian Wykrota wrote:

> My small sample:
>
>   AADD( aPP, {XBP_PP_COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT, ::High})
>
>   oColumn := ComColumnLocal():new(,,,, aPP )
>   oColumn:dataLink   := bDataLink

...probably you should supply a complete, ready-to-compile sample...
otherwise we need a fortune teller to find out what the problem is

Thomas
Adrian WykrotaRe: XbpColumn RowHeight xBase 2.0
on Tue, 22 Mar 2016 17:24:45 +0100
Thomas BraunRe: XbpColumn RowHeight xBase 2.0
on Wed, 23 Mar 2016 08:47:11 +0100
Adrian Wykrota wrote:

> No - now everithing is ok.  I finished sample app few minuets ago.... - but somethig was changed - to get previous experience - I must set ::High *1.5....

Probably there had been some bug fixing... which changed behaviour.

Thomas
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: XbpColumn RowHeight xBase 2.0
on Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:56:22 -0400
Adrian,

I would suggest you use the "..\Source\Samples\Solution\xbpget\coltest.prg"
demo program from Alaska as an example for your tests. I simply added a new
line to the aPP array in that example for the Row Height parameter, and it
worked as expected.

I even changed the Row Height for each column separately, which also worked,
though it created a quite unusual effect, especially with the :CursorMode
in the default setting. And there are refresh issues, when different row
heights are specified for different columns.

So, there must be something else in your program that prevents this to work.
For example, this line in your code:

>oObj := ::XbpBrowse:AddColumn(oColumn, nWidth, aHead[2], Footing, nType)

is invalid, according to the documentation. You must either supply (only)
the oColumn object or a bDataLink and the other values that you do supply.
But this shouldn't make a difference, as the remaining parameters are simply
ignored, if the first parameter isn't a CodeBlock.

But maybe there is something else in your code that changes things. You
could post your (working, ready to compile) code here (with example data),
or use the above-mentioned example code to create a misbehaving example and
post it here.

Otherwise, I suggest using the debugger to find out where it all goes wrong
and when in your code the aPP settings are overwritten/changed for each of
your columns.

Also, which version of Xbase++ and what OS version are you using? Prior to
Xbase++ build 2.00.502, there were apparently issues with the Presentation
Parameters of XbpColumn() (according to the documentation). There are also
several PDRs open for the XbpColumn() class, but I'm uncertain if they have
been fixed or not, and if their current status in the Xbase++ knowledgebase
is accurate or not.

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
Adrian WykrotaRe: XbpColumn RowHeight xBase 2.0
on Wed, 23 Mar 2016 13:01:06 +0100
Thanks.