Alaska Software Inc. - Running a WAA function within an HTML to dynamically load HTML code
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Running a WAA function within an HTML to dynamically load HTML code
MichaelRunning a WAA function within an HTML to dynamically load HTML code
on Sun, 20 Sep 2009 02:24:18 -0400
I have an HTML page, which is static, except for one portion of the code,
where I want to call my WAA function to add an ordered list, but I cannot
figure out how to do this.

For example:
Some text...........
Some text...........
Some text...........
Some text...........
Some text...........

Call my function here to build an ordered list, right now I have it like
this. And the BuildList() is a Javascript code that runs the WAA function.

<script language="JavaScript">
BuildList();
<script>

Some text...........
Some text...........
Some text...........
Some text...........
Some text...........
Some text...........

Does this make sense?
MichaelRe: Running a WAA function within an HTML to dynamically load HTML code
on Sun, 20 Sep 2009 02:27:04 -0400
I forgot to show you the BuildList() Javascript, which is like this:

<script language="JavaScript">
function BuildList() {
  document.location.href =
"/waa1gate.exe?WAA_PACKAGE=SOI&WAA_FORM=VIDEO_ARCHIVE";
}
</script>

But, when me using the "document.location.href" to call the function, it
replaces the whole HTML page instead of embedding the ordered list into the
web page.

Is this possible?

"Michael" <mjgregg69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an HTML page, which is static, except for one portion of the code,
>where I want to call my WAA function to add an ordered list, but I cannot
>figure out how to do this.
>
> For example:
> Some text...........
> Some text...........
> Some text...........
> Some text...........
> Some text...........
>
> Call my function here to build an ordered list, right now I have it like
> this. And the BuildList() is a Javascript code that runs the WAA function.
>
> <script language="JavaScript">
> BuildList();
> <script>
>
> Some text...........
> Some text...........
> Some text...........
> Some text...........
> Some text...........
> Some text...........

> Does this make sense?

Allen Lee Re: Running a WAA function within an HTML to dynamically load HTML code
on Sun, 20 Sep 2009 21:51:56 -0700
Hi Michael;
If you don't find an elegant javascript solution then why don't you:
1. Split your static html page into 2 parts - before and after the
ordered list.
2. cBuffer1:=memoread('static1.html')
3. cOrdList:= (create the ordered list tags and call the WAA function to
   to generate the list items for the html code)
2. cBuffer2:=memoread('static2.html')
4. oHTML:put(cBuffer1+cOrdList+cBuffer2)

Michael wrote:
> I forgot to show you the BuildList() Javascript, which is like this:
>
> <script language="JavaScript">
> function BuildList() {
>   document.location.href =
> "/waa1gate.exe?WAA_PACKAGE=SOI&WAA_FORM=VIDEO_ARCHIVE";
> }
> </script>
>
> But, when me using the "document.location.href" to call the function, it
> replaces the whole HTML page instead of embedding the ordered list into the
> web page.
>
> Is this possible?
>

> "Michael" <mjgregg69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have an HTML page, which is static, except for one portion of the code,
>> where I want to call my WAA function to add an ordered list, but I cannot
>> figure out how to do this.
>>
>> For example:
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>>
>> Call my function here to build an ordered list, right now I have it like
>> this. And the BuildList() is a Javascript code that runs the WAA function.
>>
>> <script language="JavaScript">
>> BuildList();
>> <script>
>>
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........

>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Does this make sense?

Jeremy Suiter Re: Running a WAA function within an HTML to dynamically load HTML code
on Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:45:37 +0200
Hello Michael,

To do what you want to do I can suggest two approcahes.  Either generate
the whole page via WAA or use AJAX to dynmacially add content.  AJAX is a
bit tricky to get going with, but once you have you'll never look back

Jeremy

> I forgot to show you the BuildList() Javascript, which is like this:
>
> <script language="JavaScript">
> function BuildList() {
> document.location.href =
> "/waa1gate.exe?WAA_PACKAGE=SOI&WAA_FORM=VIDEO_ARCHIVE";
> }
> </script>
> But, when me using the "document.location.href" to call the function,
> it replaces the whole HTML page instead of embedding the ordered list
> into the web page.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> "Michael" <mjgregg69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> I have an HTML page, which is static, except for one portion of the
>> code, where I want to call my WAA function to add an ordered list,
>> but I cannot figure out how to do this.
>>
>> For example:
>> ------------------------
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Call my function here to build an ordered list, right now I have it
>> like this. And the BuildList() is a Javascript code that runs the WAA
>> function.
>>
>> <script language="JavaScript">
>> BuildList();
>> <script>
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> Some text...........
>> ------------------------
>> Does this make sense?

Bruce AndersonRe: Running a WAA function within an HTML to dynamically load HTML code
on Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:56:10 -0500
Build your whole page in WAA if the contents of the list will not change
while the user is viewing it.

Build your page and use AJAX if the contents of the list will be changing
while the user is viewing it.
If you go AJAX, look at prototype.js with its ajax.updater() function.  I
think it is magic available via free download.  With this approach, AJAX is
not so complicated as it once was.  And, learn the <div> tag.  Everything
revolves around the <div> tag.

Bruce Anderson
Houston
Brian L. WolfsohnRe: Running a WAA function within an HTML to dynamically load HTML code
on Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:17:30 +0200
>>I have an HTML page, which is static, except for one portion of the
>>code, where I want to call my WAA function to add an ordered list, but
>>I cannot figure out how to do this.

Michael,

Insert a searchable tag inside your static html page i.e.

<<~~domyfunction()~~}}
or
<<~~{||domyfunction()}~~}}

read the entire page into your WAA, search and replace the tag with an
eval'd codeblock of your function and return the entire page including your
content via WAA.

HTH

Brian Wolfsohn