Alaska Software Inc. - XbpDialog() strange behaviour
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: XbpDialog() strange behaviour
Carlos A Beling XbpDialog() strange behaviour
on Fri, 22 Jan 2021 10:24:00 -0300
Hi:
good day.
If it is possible, can someone correct the attached example for to make
the XbpDialog() area fits the (AppDesktop():currentSize() - the taskbar
height)?
Is it only a Windows 10 problem?

Fraternally
Beling

Test.zip
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: XbpDialog() strange behaviour
on Fri, 22 Jan 2021 19:08:06 -0300
Hi Carlos
see SystemParametersInfoA( SPI_GETWORKAREA..... ) of user32

regards

"Carlos A Beling"  escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:2da0392d$d2639f5$20c0f@news.alaska-software.com...

Hi:
good day.
If it is possible, can someone correct the attached example for to make
the XbpDialog() area fits the (AppDesktop():currentSize() - the taskbar
height)?
Is it only a Windows 10 problem?

Fraternally
Beling
Carlos A Beling Re: XbpDialog() strange behaviour
on Sat, 23 Jan 2021 13:02:35 -0300
Hi Jorge.
Good day.
Many thanks.
This API returns the "useful position" as {0, 30} in my computer. That
Is what I use.

Fraternally
Beling

On 22/01/2021 19:08, Jorge L. Borlando wrote:
> Hi Carlos
> see SystemParametersInfoA( SPI_GETWORKAREA..... ) of user32
>
> regards
>

> "Carlos A Beling"  escribió en el mensaje de
> noticias:2da0392d$d2639f5$20c0f@news.alaska-software.com...
>
> Hi:
> good day.
> If it is possible, can someone correct the attached example for to make
> the XbpDialog() area fits the (AppDesktop():currentSize() - the taskbar
> height)?
> Is it only a Windows 10 problem?
>
> Fraternally
> Beling
Jim LeeRe: XbpDialog() strange behaviour
on Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:38:21 +0100
hi,

check Taskbar itself if it is "visible" or "hide" or "Auto" and on which
Side

TASKBARINO.ZIP
Carlos A Beling Re: XbpDialog() strange behaviour
on Sat, 23 Jan 2021 13:08:52 -0300
Hi Jim:
good day.
Many thanks.
Those are the coordinates that I used. Please ompile and run the example
that I posted for you seeing it.

Fraternally
Beling

On 23/01/2021 01:38, Jim Lee wrote:
> hi,
>
> check Taskbar itself if it is "visible" or "hide" or "Auto" and on which
> Side

Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: XbpDialog() strange behaviour
on Sat, 23 Jan 2021 13:15:07 +0100
Hi,

See my answer on 04-05-2020 to your question about "grabitblt" on
03-26-2020.

Regards. Diego
Carlos A Beling Re: XbpDialog() strange behaviour
on Sat, 23 Jan 2021 13:17:17 -0300
Hi Diego:
good day.
Many thanks.
Please compile and run the example that I posted earlier for you to see:
. the used coordinates in the example are the same said in this thread
. the Xbpdialog is positioned moved in the desktop to the  right and up
and its size is not changed
. worst: if I enlarge the Xpdialog for to fit in Appdesktop() I will
need to repositionig all the XbpDialog():drawingArea:childList()

Fraternally
Beling

On 23/01/2021 09:15, Jose Antonio Diego Kereje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> See my answer on 04-05-2020 to your question about "grabitblt" on
> 03-26-2020.
>
> Regards. Diego
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: XbpDialog() strange behaviour
on Sat, 23 Jan 2021 18:39:30 +0100
Hi,

If you use a resizable border, the border includes the border itself and
"its transparent decoration" area in w10.  That is why it seems narrower
than the desktop.

Set the border as non-resizable (XBPDLG_NO_BORDER, XBP_DLGBORDER...) and you
will see that it fills the desktop.

Regards. Diego
Carlos A Beling Re: XbpDialog() strange behaviour
on Sat, 23 Jan 2021 15:06:57 -0300
Hi Diego.
Good day.
Many thanks.