Alaska Software Inc. - Crypt() Compatability?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Crypt() Compatability?
Al WimberlyCrypt() Compatability?
on Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:41:22 -0400
Is the function crypt() compatable with Funcky's Encrypt()/Decrypt()
functions -- with CA Tools functionality or Alaska encryption?

I can't get crypt() to work on existing encripted strings.

Thanks
Al WimberlyRe: Crypt() Compatability?
on Wed, 07 Apr 2010 10:29:01 -0400
In Delphi the following works, returning a 20 character encrypted string:

OemToAnsi(Encrypt(ChrSwap(C3UnTrim(sPassword,20),'
',Copy(sPassword,1,1)),'LETMEIN-XXXX-LETMEIN')

The following in Xbase++ (maybe?) returns only the first and unchanged
character of the entered password:

ConvToAnsiCP(Crypt(CharRepl(Untrim(cPassword,20),"
",Left(cPassword,1,1)),"LETMEIN-XXXX-LETMEIN"))

I don't know much about encryption algorithms so I'm struggling in the dark
here.

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Al Wimberly
James Loughner Re: Crypt() Compatability?
on Wed, 07 Apr 2010 10:44:29 -0400
I'm pretty sure it is a different algorithm.

The only way to get it to work is to unencrypt with Funcky and
reencrypt. You will not be able to run both on the same data sets.

Jim

On 04/06/2010 10:41 PM, Al Wimberly wrote:
> Is the function crypt() compatable with Funcky's Encrypt()/Decrypt()
> functions -- with CA Tools functionality or Alaska encryption?
>
> I can't get crypt() to work on existing encripted strings.
>
> Thanks

Al WimberlyRe: Crypt() Compatability?
on Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:38:47 -0400
Yeah, I agree -- it's a different algorithm. However, a few years back I was
able (with help not remembered) to build  encrypt/decrypt functions for
Delphi which were compatable with the Clipper Funcky ones. See my message
above.
James Loughner Re: Crypt() Compatability?
on Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:04:55 -0400
I believe there was a Delphi version of Funcky.

Jim