Alaska Software Inc. - ADS works OK when program is executing on the server but it does not show any tables, connections, etc on ADS Config from remote ....
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: ADS works OK when program is executing on the server but it does not show any tables, connections, etc on ADS Config from remote ....
Richard A. PulliamADS works OK when program is executing on the server but it does not show any tables, connections, etc on ADS Config from remote ....
on Fri, 13 Feb 2015 21:55:19 -0600
After fighting the problem for days I read the problem was an error with ADS
11.1O  ACE32.DLL, so I replaced the DLLs with older versions.
An improvement.  Now it works well when the program is executed from the
server.  Tables, indexes, etc. show on ADS Config.

When executing the program from a Client computer, it connects to ADS but it
shows nothing on ADS Config.  The program behaves normally and browses the
tables.

Program is a variation of the sample program in  DevZone.

Attached are the works.

Richard A. Pulliam
138 Colina Circle
Panama City Beach, Florida 32413 USA
Voice and Fax: (001) 850-588-9935   Cell: (001) 850-238-1203
Skype: richard_pulliam
http://www.ClipperSolutions.com

---

SAMPLE.ZIP
Steven SchefferRe: ADS works OK when program is executing on the server but it does not show any tables, connections, etc on ADS Config from remote ....
on Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:33:11 +0100
Are you using the Data Architect or the Advantage Configuration Utility?
After the message box the file are open and visible. See attachement.
I am using ACE32.dll v11.10 - server v11.10.0.10
Xbase++ 2.00.570

Regards,
Steven

"Richard A. Pulliam" <clippersolutions@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>After fighting the problem for days I read the problem was an error with ADS
>11.1O  ACE32.DLL, so I replaced the DLLs with older versions.
>An improvement.  Now it works well when the program is executed from the
>server.  Tables, indexes, etc. show on ADS Config.
>
>When executing the program from a Client computer, it connects to ADS but it
>shows nothing on ADS Config.  The program behaves normally and browses the
>tables.
>
>Program is a variation of the sample program in  DevZone.
>
>Attached are the works.
>
>Richard A. Pulliam
>138 Colina Circle
>Panama City Beach, Florida 32413 USA
>Voice and Fax: (001) 850-588-9935   Cell: (001) 850-238-1203
>Skype: richard_pulliam
>http://www.ClipperSolutions.com
>

>---

ADS Advantage Data Architect.JPG