Alaska Software Inc. - Filtered DBF is slow on new OSs.
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Filtered DBF is slow on new OSs.
Itai Ben-ArtziFiltered DBF is slow on new OSs.
on Wed, 03 Jul 2019 15:02:28 -0700
When a filter is set, reaching eof() on new servers (2012, 2016, 2019)
takes much longer than on Server-2008.  Is there a technique or method
that can speed-up DbSkip() after the last record matching the filter?

(the many permutations of user's selection prohibit the option to set

Many thanks,
-Itai
Boris BorzicRe: Filtered DBF is slow on new OSs.
on Thu, 04 Jul 2019 05:10:51 +0200
Itai Ben-Artzi wrote in news:2a9qhelvb093s2pcmi1rtt54nek19augv5@4ax.com:

> When a filter is set, reaching eof() on new servers (2012, 2016, 2019)
> takes much longer than on Server-2008.  Is there a technique or method
> that can speed-up DbSkip() after the last record matching the filter?
>
> (the many permutations of user's selection prohibit the option to set

Have you tried Advantage Database Server (ADS)? This requires a license for
your customer's server.

How about the Advantage Local Server (ALS) - this is free. I don't know if
it will perform any better, but it's worth giving it a try.

To try the options above you will need one of these libraries:
 - ADSDBE (from Alaska Software), or
 - Ace Wrappers (included free with SQLExpress)

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Jim LeeRe: Filtered DBF is slow on new OSs.
on Thu, 04 Jul 2019 05:41:25 +0200
> When a filter is set

are you still using SET FILTER ?
create a Index and use SCOPE !

---

have you think about SQL ?
i use PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQlite native with Xbase++ and no ISAM !

---
http://www.avg.com
Damir HodakRe: Filtered DBF is slow on new OSs.
on Thu, 04 Jul 2019 10:36:48 +0200
On Wed, 03 Jul 2019 15:02:28 -0700, Itai Ben-Artzi wrote:

> When a filter is set, reaching eof() on new servers (2012, 2016, 2019)
> takes much longer than on Server-2008.  Is there a technique or method
> that can speed-up DbSkip() after the last record matching the filter?
>
> (the many permutations of user's selection prohibit the option to set
>
> Many thanks,
> -Itai

Try
Set order to 0

Skiping records while some index is active is very very slow on multiuser
envinonment.

Regards
Damir