Alaska Software Inc. - SqlStatement:query() does not work
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: SqlStatement:query() does not work
Itai DishonSqlStatement:query() does not work
on Tue, 24 Feb 2015 06:33:15 +0100
Hi,
the following code do not return any value in the array passed to it.

  aRes := {}

  DbeLoad("pgdbe")
  DbeSetDefault("pgdbe")

  cConnStr := "DBE=pgdbe;server=localhost;"
  cConnStr += "db=mdidemo;uid=postgres;pwd=postgres"

  oSession := DacSession():New(cConnStr)
  IF(!oSession:IsConnected())
    MsgBox("Connection failed ("+Var2Char(oSession:GetLastMessage())+")")
    QUIT
  ENDIF

  str := "Select * From Customer"
  oStmt := DacSqlStatement(oSession):fromChar(str)
  oStmt:build()
  oStmt:query(USQL_RESULT_ARRAY, @aRes)

Result: aRes = {}

Note: The data does exist in the workarea but there is no sense of a do
while loop to read it to an array if the functionality exist after all we
are trying to get rid of all this extra coding with SQL

Thank you
itai dishon
John LauRe: SqlStatement:query() does not work
on Mon, 05 Nov 2018 04:28:16 +0100
Does anyone know of any progress on this issue?

Itai Dishon wrote in message news:2a90c8ae$359f0b64$1ef12b@news.alaska-
software.com...
>Hi,
>the following code do not return any value in the array passed to it.
>
>  aRes := {}
>
>  DbeLoad("pgdbe")
>  DbeSetDefault("pgdbe")
>
>  cConnStr := "DBE=pgdbe;server=localhost;"
>  cConnStr += "db=mdidemo;uid=postgres;pwd=postgres"
>
>  oSession := DacSession():New(cConnStr)
>  IF(!oSession:IsConnected())
>    MsgBox("Connection failed ("+Var2Char(oSession:GetLastMessage())+")")
>    QUIT
>  ENDIF
>
>  str := "Select * From Customer"
>  oStmt := DacSqlStatement(oSession):fromChar(str)
>  oStmt:build()
>  oStmt:query(USQL_RESULT_ARRAY, @aRes)
>
>Result: aRes = {}
>
>Note: The data does exist in the workarea but there is no sense of a do
>while loop to read it to an array if the functionality exist after all we
>are trying to get rid of all this extra coding with SQL
>
>Thank you
>itai dishon
Frank GrossheinrichRe: SqlStatement:query() does not work
on Fri, 09 Nov 2018 18:02:17 +0100
Why so compilcated?

  PROCEDURE dbeSys()
  RETURN

  PROCEDURE Main

    /* we use the ansi charset by default */
    SET CHARSET TO ANSI

    aRes := {}

    DbeLoad("pgdbe")
    DbeSetDefault("pgdbe")

    cConnStr := "DBE=pgdbe;server=localhost;"
    cConnStr += "db=mdidemo;uid=postgres;pwd=postgres"

    oSession := DacSession():New(cConnStr)
    IF(!oSession:IsConnected())
      MsgBox("Connection failed ("+Var2Char(oSession:GetLastMessage())+")")
      QUIT
    ENDIF

    USE customer
    SELECT * FROM customer INTO ARRAY aRes

    ? aRes

RETURN

Frank

On 05.11.2018 04:28, John Lau wrote:
> Does anyone know of any progress on this issue?
>

> Itai Dishon wrote in message news:2a90c8ae$359f0b64$1ef12b@news.alaska-
> software.com...
>> Hi,
>> the following code do not return any value in the array passed to it.
>>
>>  aRes := {}
>>
>>  DbeLoad("pgdbe")
>>  DbeSetDefault("pgdbe")
>>
>>  cConnStr := "DBE=pgdbe;server=localhost;"
>>  cConnStr += "db=mdidemo;uid=postgres;pwd=postgres"
>>
>>  oSession := DacSession():New(cConnStr)
>>  IF(!oSession:IsConnected())
>>    MsgBox("Connection failed ("+Var2Char(oSession:GetLastMessage())+")")
>>    QUIT
>>  ENDIF
>>
>>  str := "Select * From Customer"
>>  oStmt := DacSqlStatement(oSession):fromChar(str)
>>  oStmt:build()
>>  oStmt:query(USQL_RESULT_ARRAY, @aRes)
>>
>> Result: aRes = {}
>>
>> Note: The data does exist in the workarea but there is no sense of a do
>> while loop to read it to an array if the functionality exist after all we
>> are trying to get rid of all this extra coding with SQL
>>
>> Thank you
>> itai dishon
John Launotifications
on Mon, 03 Dec 2018 08:36:31 +0100