Alaska Software Inc. - XML Handling Functions?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: XML Handling Functions?
Cecil ChampenoisXML Handling Functions?
on Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:44:47 +0100
What does XBASE++ or its third party software have to offer for handling XML
data? Visual FoxPro has plenty of XML Functions, but I see nothing in XBASE++
1.90 for handling this type of data. There is a VFP function for creating an
object for XML handling, i.e., CreatObject(MSXMLDocument"), as well as
CursoToXML(), XMLToCursor(), etc.
Hubert BrandelRe: XML Handling Functions?
on Thu, 19 Mar 2015 07:51:26 +0100
Am 18.03.2015 um 16:44 schrieb "Cecil Champenois":
> What does XBASE++ or its third party software have to offer for handling XML
> data? Visual FoxPro has plenty of XML Functions, but I see nothing in XBASE++
> 1.90 for handling this type of data. There is a VFP function for creating an
> object for XML handling, i.e., CreatObject(MSXMLDocument"), as well as
> CursoToXML(), XMLToCursor(), etc.

On the old Prof Subscription CD, there is a Class (in ASXML.ZIP) to
manage XML, but I don't know if this is still available.

=>  The Alaska Software XML (ASXML) implementation provides an
=>  extremly fast lightweight XML processor.
Jan EscholtRe: XML Handling Functions?
on Thu, 19 Mar 2015 08:05:31 +0100
Hubert,

it is. I use it with 2.0. Could be better, more user-friendly, erm,
developer-friendly. But it's OK.

And as you mentioned, it's only available in the Professional Subscription.

Jan

Am 19.03.2015 um 07:51 schrieb "Hubert Brandel":
> Am 18.03.2015 um 16:44 schrieb "Cecil Champenois":
>> What does XBASE++ or its third party software have to offer for
>> handling XML
>> data? Visual FoxPro has plenty of XML Functions, but I see nothing in
>> XBASE++
>> 1.90 for handling this type of data. There is a VFP function for
>> creating an
>> object for XML handling, i.e., CreatObject(MSXMLDocument"), as well as
>> CursoToXML(), XMLToCursor(), etc.
>>
> On the old Prof Subscription CD, there is a Class (in ASXML.ZIP) to
> manage XML, but I don't know if this is still available.
>
> =>  The Alaska Software XML (ASXML) implementation provides an
> =>  extremly fast lightweight XML processor.

Matej JuracRe: XML Handling Functions?
on Thu, 19 Mar 2015 08:09:33 +0100
How is UTF-8 and/or Unicode support handled?

I ditched that lib because it was half-baked attemt to put something out in
field, but without through polishing of routines.

gruss

Jan Escholt wrote in message
>Hubert,
>
>it is. I use it with 2.0. Could be better, more user-friendly, erm,
>developer-friendly. But it's OK.
>
>And as you mentioned, it's only available in the Professional Subscription.
>
>Jan
>
>Am 19.03.2015 um 07:51 schrieb "Hubert Brandel":
>> Am 18.03.2015 um 16:44 schrieb "Cecil Champenois":
>>> What does XBASE++ or its third party software have to offer for
>>> handling XML
>>> data? Visual FoxPro has plenty of XML Functions, but I see nothing in
>>> XBASE++
>>> 1.90 for handling this type of data. There is a VFP function for
>>> creating an
>>> object for XML handling, i.e., CreatObject(MSXMLDocument"), as well as
>>> CursoToXML(), XMLToCursor(), etc.
>>>
>> On the old Prof Subscription CD, there is a Class (in ASXML.ZIP) to
>> manage XML, but I don't know if this is still available.
>>
>> =>  The Alaska Software XML (ASXML) implementation provides an
>> =>  extremly fast lightweight XML processor.

Jan EscholtRe: XML Handling Functions?
on Thu, 19 Mar 2015 08:12:19 +0100
Mutej,

Xbase++ does not yet give full support to UTF-8. They are working on
this. Right now there are only some converting functions from and to
UTF-8. I use these also.

Jan

Am 19.03.2015 um 08:09 schrieb "Matej Jurac":
> How is UTF-8 and/or Unicode support handled?
>
> I ditched that lib because it was half-baked attemt to put something out in
> field, but without through polishing of routines.
>
> gruss
>
> Jan Escholt wrote in message
>> Hubert,
>>
>> it is. I use it with 2.0. Could be better, more user-friendly, erm,
>> developer-friendly. But it's OK.
>>
>> And as you mentioned, it's only available in the Professional Subscription.
>>
>> Jan

>>> On the old Prof Subscription CD, there is a Class (in ASXML.ZIP) to
>>> manage XML, but I don't know if this is still available.
>>>
>>> =>  The Alaska Software XML (ASXML) implementation provides an
>>> =>  extremly fast lightweight XML processor.

Hubert BrandelRe: XML Handling Functions?
on Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:30:47 +0100
Am 19.03.2015 um 08:05 schrieb "Jan Escholt":
> Hubert,
>
> it is. I use it with 2.0. Could be better, more user-friendly, erm,
> And as you mentioned, it's only available in the Professional Subscription.

I found it in the documentation:

XMLDocOpenString() Create XML document from a string.
XMLDocOpenString( <cXMLString>, [<nErrHandle>] ) --> nDocHandle
Include file:    asxml.ch
Static library:  ASXML10.LIB
Dynamic library: ASXML10.DLL

Prof. Sub. !

and nothing about the charset.
So you read the contens and have to translate it to the chaset inside
the exe.

I would expect that the LIB gets the charset / UTF-8 / UNICODE and
transforms it to the charset of the EXE - thats the way I would do it.