Alaska Software Inc. - XXP meeting, wonderfull programm !!
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: XXP meeting, wonderfull programm !!
Jack DuijfXXP meeting, wonderfull programm !!
on Wed, 08 Nov 2006 23:55:28 +0100
XXP Meeting Netherlands on Friday 24th November 2006

Agenda.
14:00 Coffee
14:30 Jan Groenestein: Global positioning with Xbase++ and ActiveX
16:30 Simon Burford: Presents his Xoanon library
18:00 Dinner
19:30 Michael Hoffmann:  Cockpit, what is it, what can you do with it,  How
to write a COM-server using Cockpit.
21:30 Hands-on/free program.

We would emphasise that non XXP-members are more than welcome, however,
we want to ask them an attendance fee of EUR 50,=,including dinner.
Pleas check the AGENDA at www.xxp.nl. There is also a link how to get there.

If you attend, please drop a e-mail to jdsoftware@tiscali.nl, so we wil not
run out of coffee-cups !

Regards,
Jack Duijf
XXP Netherlands
Michael HoffmannRe: XXP meeting, wonderfull programm !!
on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:12:04 +0100
Hello Frans, Jan, Peter, Sander and Jack!

Thanks for organizing the meeting at this great place and allowing me to present Cockpit.
Organisation left nothing to ask for, the dutch coffee tasted great and dinner was superb.

My kids want to express their thanks to the organizers for inviting me because I came home
with 5 liters of different Frites Sauces and a huge variety (and quantity) of De Ruijter's
Vlok Feest and Vruchten Hagel.

I'm now looking forward to all the "tranquil" evenings indulging myself with my speaker's
present, a basket of different (and strong!) belgian beers. Cheers.

There is an extended version of my presentation available at www.xcockpit.com. Go to
"News" and use the link button in the topmost entry to get there.

Thanks also to my fellow speakers for making it an interesting day, thanks to the hotel's
barkeeper (with two mothers...) and all friends for staying up late.

In return, I hope I could contribute a bit of background information on Windows
and some insight into what Cockpit is all about.

Sorry we didn't get beyond the first presentation but I think it was the right choice to
ad-hoc dive into the sources and show you how things are done with Cockpit. I hope
the impression you got was a positive one and that it showed the structure and extent
of Cockpit.

Best regards,

Michael
Phil Ide
Re: XXP meeting, wonderfull programm !!
on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:12:08 +0000
Michael,

> Thanks for organizing the meeting at this great place and allowing me to present Cockpit.
> Organisation left nothing to ask for, the dutch coffee tasted great and dinner was superb.

I wish I could have been there - it would have been great to see everyone
again, and I would have liked to take the opportunity to talk to you as
well.  Maybe next time?

Regards,

Phil Ide

---------------------
www.xbhcl.com
www.pbih.eu
www.idep.org.uk/xbase
---------------------
Fish are so hard to toilet train.
Frans VermeulenRe: XXP meeting, wonderfull programm !!
on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:27:24 +0100
Phil,

> I wish I could have been there - it would have been great to see everyone
> again, and I would have liked to take the opportunity to talk to you as
> well.  Maybe next time?

We see if we can arrange that. But it will be no sooner than 2007.

Regards,
Frans Vermeulen
Phil Ide
Re: XXP meeting, wonderfull programm !!
on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 02:36:01 +0000
Frans,

>> I wish I could have been there - it would have been great to see everyone
>> again, and I would have liked to take the opportunity to talk to you as
>> well.  Maybe next time?
>
> We see if we can arrange that. But it will be no sooner than 2007.

Well, I guess I might be busy for the next few weeks anyway, so that'll
take us into 2007

Thanks for the thought - I'll see if I can knock up something special.

Regards,

Phil Ide

---------------------
www.xbhcl.com
www.pbih.eu
www.idep.org.uk/xbase
---------------------
Condoning sloppy spelling is guache.
Michael HoffmannRe: XXP meeting, wonderfull programm !!
on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:39:10 +0100
Hello Phil,

"Phil Ide" <phil@idep.org.uk> wrote in message news:jdjbb655zi9p.8ufxtbudn3s3$.dlg@40tude.net...
> Michael,
>
>> Thanks for organizing the meeting at this great place and allowing me to present Cockpit.
>> Organisation left nothing to ask for, the dutch coffee tasted great and dinner was superb.
>
> I wish I could have been there - it would have been great to see everyone
> again, and I would have liked to take the opportunity to talk to you as
> well.  Maybe next time?

Initially I hoped to meet you there. But then you went underground. I would love to see you
at the next XXP meeting.

Best regards,

Michael
Frans VermeulenRe: XXP meeting, wonderfull programm !!
on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:25:00 +0100
Michael,

Good to see you made it safe home.

As said at the meeting, the presentation contained
so much information, my mind is still processing it.

The technique used by cockpit to communicate with the OS
gave me a lot more confidence in the future of Xbase++,
since now I know there is a product, adding a layer to
Xbase++ offering the possibility of using any technology
created by microsoft, smoothly and quickly in our Xbase++
programs.

If microsoft comes up with ActiveZ or XYZ-subjects
today, we can use them through Cockpit tomorrow.
Really something!!!

Simon, also your presentation of Xoanon was truely
convincing. If you really want to have professional
looks of your program, Xoanon is the way to go.
Owner-drawing in combination with Xoanon,
the universe is the limit. Really fantastic.

Of course also thanks to Jan, but he knows for a long time I'm
an big admirer of his work. The concept of data driven dialogs
was not new to me, but the implementation of the concept was
quite impressive.

> Sorry we didn't get beyond the first presentation but I think it was the
> right choice to
> ad-hoc dive into the sources and show you how things are done with
> Cockpit. I hope
> the impression you got was a positive one and that it showed the structure
> and extent
> of Cockpit.

You know I want to hear it all, and we will have a follow up. For now, I
have had so
many new perceptions to grasp, I can only say the meeting was (for me) a
complete
success.

Best regards, & thnx,
Frans Vermeulen
Oskar EschenbachRe: XXP meeting, wonderfull programm !!
on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:29:57 +0100
Hi Michael,
i wished i have seen your presentation at the meeting in Anheim this week.

So alternativly, - i read your news-slides at the www.xcockpit.com
Is seems, that's a good way to use the whole windows-possibilitys (directly
in parallel) to xbase++.

Regards
Oskar

Mit freundlichen Grssen