Alaska Software Inc. - please helpme, , i have error : Error While Reading a File
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: please helpme, , i have error : Error While Reading a File
Jorge Luis Borlando please helpme, , i have error : Error While Reading a File
on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 23:38:47 -0300
Hello everyone,
I often have this problem, but now I think, I have a concrete situation
to comment...
I was testing on a dbf table in 2 applications running at the same time
The 1st application shows this table using tbrowse().
In the 2nd application I am adding a record, first move the pointer to
get the last key and then run the dbAppend(), and at this point the 1st
application executes the command ::ForceStable() of tBrowse(), and that
is where it gives me The Error: Error While Reading a File

Could you tell me why this error occurs and if there is a way to prevent it?

The only modification I make in the dbesys is
Dbeinfo (COMPONENT_DATA, DBFDBE_LOCKMODE, DBF_NOLOCK)

And working with DBFCDX

best regards, Jorge
James LoughnerRe: please helpme, , i have error : Error While Reading a File
on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 08:40:11 -0400
Can't run two program on same data without proper locking procedures

Jim

On 06/29/2017 10:38 PM, Jorge Luis Borlando wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I often have this problem, but now I think, I have a concrete situation
> to comment...
> I was testing on a dbf table in 2 applications running at the same time
> The 1st application shows this table using tbrowse().
> In the 2nd application I am adding a record, first move the pointer to
> get the last key and then run the dbAppend(), and at this point the 1st
> application executes the command ::ForceStable() of tBrowse(), and that
> is where it gives me The Error: Error While Reading a File
>
> Could you tell me why this error occurs and if there is a way to prevent
> it?
>
> The only modification I make in the dbesys is
> Dbeinfo (COMPONENT_DATA, DBFDBE_LOCKMODE, DBF_NOLOCK)
>
> And working with DBFCDX
>

> best regards, Jorge
Jorge Luis Borlando Re: please helpme, , i have error : Error While Reading a File
on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 10:07:45 -0300
Jim, thanks for your advice, but I doubt generated more
The first application is to display the table, and it is the one that
generates the error, you could orient me to do when the ::ForceStable()
command is executed, to prevent the "read error"