Alaska Software Inc. - Names of the field or tags for a PDF file with AX VBA
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Names of the field or tags for a PDF file with AX VBA
=?UTF-8?Q?C=c3=a9sar_Calvo?= Names of the field or tags for a PDF file with AX VBA
on Sat, 26 May 2018 04:27:48 +0200
Hello.

With this code a PDF file is opened:

oPDF := CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")

IF oPDF:Open("D:\CCC_PROGRAMACION\APP_SDI_LAHIGUERA\OFE924774.pdf")

    Infobox("The PDF is opened")

    oPDF:close()
    oPDF:Destroy()

    ELSE

    Infobox("The PDF isn´t opened")

ENDIF

I am trying to get the names of the files row by row of the attachment PDF.

Here is an interesting article:

https://www.excelguru.ca/forums/showthread.php?6994-VBA-interacting-with-PDF

     If (bOK) Then
         Set AFORMAUT = CreateObject("AFormAut.App")
         Set FormFields = AFORMAUT.Fields
         For Each FormField In FormFields
             With FormField
                 sFieldName = .Name
                 If .IsTerminal Then
                     If sFields = "" Then
                         sFields = .Name
                         sTypes = .Type
                     Else
                         sFields = sFields + "," + .Name
                         sTypes = sTypes + "," + .Type
                     End If
                 End If
             End With
         Next FormField

Does anybody knows how do it?

Thanks.

OFE924774.pdf
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Names of the field or tags for a PDF file with AX VBA
on Sat, 26 May 2018 04:45:01 -0400
César,

>I am trying to get the names of the files row by row of the attachment PDF.

The attached PDF doesn't contain any Form Fields, so you can't get their
name, type or content. This PDF file was programmatically created, using
"IBM afp2pdf Transform Version: 1.6.0" using "[ClibPDF Library 2.02-r1-2]
1.6.0 AIX", so it (almost certainly) never included any Form Fields.

This PDF isn't designed to programmatically extract any data. You might be
able to extract the text with the appropriate tools, but it won't be in a
structured format. There are many tools to manipulate PDFs, including Adobe
Acrobat Reader. Just google AcroPDTextSelect for more info on how to use
this.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
=?UTF-8?Q?C=c3=a9sar_Calvo?= Re: Names of the field or tags for a PDF file with AX VBA
on Sat, 26 May 2018 11:48:56 +0200
El 26/05/2018 a las 10:45, Andreas Gehrs-Pahl escribió:
> César,
>
>> I am trying to get the names of the files row by row of the attachment PDF.
>
> The attached PDF doesn't contain any Form Fields, so you can't get their
> name, type or content. This PDF file was programmatically created, using
> "IBM afp2pdf Transform Version: 1.6.0" using "[ClibPDF Library 2.02-r1-2]
> 1.6.0 AIX", so it (almost certainly) never included any Form Fields.
>
> This PDF isn't designed to programmatically extract any data. You might be
> able to extract the text with the appropriate tools, but it won't be in a
> structured format. There are many tools to manipulate PDFs, including Adobe
> Acrobat Reader. Just google AcroPDTextSelect for more info on how to use
> this.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Andreas

Ok, understood but if I had a PDF that included what I said, as it would
be with ActiveX?
Thanks.
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Names of the field or tags for a PDF file with AX VBA
on Sat, 26 May 2018 07:45:55 -0400
César,

>Ok, understood but if I had a PDF that included what I said, as it would
>be with ActiveX?

To manipulate PDF Form Fields, you probably need an add-on product, as the
(free) Adobe Acrobat Reader doesn't include features to manage Form Fields
programmatically (via Active-X), as far as I can tell. I use the X-Change
PDF Viewer Active-X Control to manipulate Form Fields, basically using
JavaScript.

To use "AFormAut.App" you apparently need to have the full Adobe Acrobat
(SDK) installed, not just the Adobe Acrobat Reader, as far as I know. I
don't know if this has changed since Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 11, but
prior versions wouldn't allow it.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Klaus OverhageRe: Names of the field or tags for a PDF file with AX VBA
on Tue, 29 May 2018 07:22:45 +0200
You can use the xpppdf tool form Edgar Borger
(http://www.borger.com.br/softsupply/)
or the foxit quick pdf library
for this