Alaska Software Inc. - CXP Pages with IIS
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: CXP Pages with IIS
César Calvo CXP Pages with IIS
on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 16:22:52 +0200
Hello friends.
I have tried to see how works CXP with IIS and when I do
http://localhost/cxpinfo.cxp, is visualized an error HTTP 404.3
Why ?
I have the websamples inside of inetpub\wwwroot and toot cxpinfo.cxp
Thanks.
César.

Captura.JPG
Nestor G. TorresRe: CXP Pages with IIS
on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 10:11:28 +0200
Hi César,

1) Make sure you are working with Windows 7 or higher.
2) Ensure that you have turned on the following Windows features as per
Alaska's instructions below.

Open the Control Panel and select the item Programs. Under Programs and
Features select Turn Windows features on or off. Then accomplish
following steps. Please follow strictly the order below:

A) Ensure that the item Internet Information Service is selected. If
this is not the case select the item Internet Information Service.

B) Also make sure that support for CGI executables is enabled which also
enables the FastCGIModule. The feature CGI can be found in the feature
tree on the following location:

	=> Internet Information Services
		=> World Wide Web Services
			=> Application Development Features
				=> CGI

3) Then I would uninstall CXP , restart computer then reinstall cxp ;
this must be the last step.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards
Nestor

On 22-Aug-16 4:22 PM, César Calvo wrote:
> Hello friends.
> I have tried to see how works CXP with IIS and when I do
> http://localhost/cxpinfo.cxp, is visualized an error HTTP 404.3
> Why ?
> I have the websamples inside of inetpub\wwwroot and toot cxpinfo.cxp
> Thanks.
> César.
César Calvo Re: CXP Pages with IIS
on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:40:21 +0200
Many thanks dear Nestor.
Now yes with IIS when I have unistalled CXP and again installed it.
Is neccesary to learn javascript for view contents of databases or with the
features of CXP together with source code would be enought?
Regards.
César.

"Nestor G. Torres" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:4d75b41d$7c4f85d7$14d701@news.alaska-software.com...

Hi César,

1) Make sure you are working with Windows 7 or higher.
2) Ensure that you have turned on the following Windows features as per
Alaska's instructions below.

Open the Control Panel and select the item Programs. Under Programs and
Features select Turn Windows features on or off. Then accomplish
following steps. Please follow strictly the order below:

A) Ensure that the item Internet Information Service is selected. If
this is not the case select the item Internet Information Service.

B) Also make sure that support for CGI executables is enabled which also
enables the FastCGIModule. The feature CGI can be found in the feature
tree on the following location:

=> Internet Information Services
=> World Wide Web Services
=> Application Development Features
=> CGI

3) Then I would uninstall CXP , restart computer then reinstall cxp ;
this must be the last step.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards
Nestor

On 22-Aug-16 4:22 PM, César Calvo wrote:
> Hello friends.
> I have tried to see how works CXP with IIS and when I do
> http://localhost/cxpinfo.cxp, is visualized an error HTTP 404.3
> Why ?
> I have the websamples inside of inetpub\wwwroot and toot cxpinfo.cxp
> Thanks.
> César.

Doc1.docx
Nestor G. TorresRe: CXP Pages with IIS
on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 19:12:15 +0200
Hi César,

Glad to see that you got your cxp pages working ...

Back in 2012 when cxp first came out their was little or no
documentation for cxp; and I believe till today it is the same.

But I think that Alaska will be showing off their newest release
at the up and coming conference and that may contain a lot
more documentation and information on how to utilize cxp, to its
potential. Also their will probably be lots of speakers
talking and demonstrating the power of cxp.

I have taken a very different approach in how to use cxp from what
Alaska has shown in their examples...I use it mainly for data access and
data manipulation. I also use it to build dynamic htlm which I pass to
calling javascript/jQuery modules that then inject the resulting html,
constructed by my CXP programs, into the DOM.

So in my case I have made lots of use of Jquery/jquery-ui/javascript and
css plus a host of other javascript libraries. And CXP has been the
manipulator of data and creator of dynamic html.

You can view the results of my efforts by visiting
www.jumboentertain.com and www.starlightdemo.com
there are now other sites that are also using my
starlite web app : www.toplineonline.co.za and www.redboxpinetown.co.za

And the back-end for starlite is RAPS found at www.softwareclinic.co.za

Kind regards
Nestor
I am happy I could be of some help.

On 23-Aug-16 6:40 PM, César Calvo wrote:
> Many thanks dear Nestor.
> Now yes with IIS when I have unistalled CXP and again installed it.
> Is neccesary to learn javascript for view contents of databases or with
> the features of CXP together with source code would be enought?
> Regards.
> César.
>
> "Nestor G. Torres" escribió en el mensaje de
> noticias:4d75b41d$7c4f85d7$14d701@news.alaska-software.com...
>
> Hi César,
>
> 1) Make sure you are working with Windows 7 or higher.
> 2) Ensure that you have turned on the following Windows features as per
> Alaska's instructions below.
>

> Open the Control Panel and select the item Programs. Under Programs and
> Features select Turn Windows features on or off. Then accomplish
> following steps. Please follow strictly the order below:
>
> A) Ensure that the item Internet Information Service is selected. If
> this is not the case select the item Internet Information Service.
>
> B) Also make sure that support for CGI executables is enabled which also
> enables the FastCGIModule. The feature CGI can be found in the feature
> tree on the following location:
>
> => Internet Information Services
> => World Wide Web Services
> => Application Development Features
> => CGI
>

> 3) Then I would uninstall CXP , restart computer then reinstall cxp ;
> this must be the last step.
>

> I hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards
> Nestor
>

> On 22-Aug-16 4:22 PM, César Calvo wrote:
>> Hello friends.
>> I have tried to see how works CXP with IIS and when I do
>> http://localhost/cxpinfo.cxp, is visualized an error HTTP 404.3
>> Why ?
>> I have the websamples inside of inetpub\wwwroot and toot cxpinfo.cxp
>> Thanks.
>> César.
César Calvo Re: CXP Pages with IIS
on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 23:54:10 +0200
Nestor, then if I make an aplication with CXP:
What are the files that I have to install in the computer of my customer?
All files in C:\inetpub\wwwroot.
I mean if inside of this the files must be copy the files that are in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\cxp20\bin

Could you explain me the steps?
The cxp files must be converted to a dll files?

Sorry because I am new with this?

noticias:5ce2826b$1a863a6a$14e5f5@news.alaska-software.com...

And the back-end for starlite is RAPS found at www.softwareclinic.co.za

Kind regards
Nestor
I am happy I could be of some help.

On 23-Aug-16 6:40 PM, César Calvo wrote:
> Many thanks dear Nestor.
> Now yes with IIS when I have unistalled CXP and again installed it.
> Is neccesary to learn javascript for view contents of databases or with
> the features of CXP together with source code would be enought?
> Regards.
> César.
>
> "Nestor G. Torres" escribió en el mensaje de
> noticias:4d75b41d$7c4f85d7$14d701@news.alaska-software.com...
>
> Hi César,
>
> 1) Make sure you are working with Windows 7 or higher.
> 2) Ensure that you have turned on the following Windows features as per
> Alaska's instructions below.
>

> Open the Control Panel and select the item Programs. Under Programs and
> Features select Turn Windows features on or off. Then accomplish
> following steps. Please follow strictly the order below:
>
> A) Ensure that the item Internet Information Service is selected. If
> this is not the case select the item Internet Information Service.
>
> B) Also make sure that support for CGI executables is enabled which also
> enables the FastCGIModule. The feature CGI can be found in the feature
> tree on the following location:
>
> => Internet Information Services
> => World Wide Web Services
> => Application Development Features
> => CGI
>

> 3) Then I would uninstall CXP , restart computer then reinstall cxp ;
> this must be the last step.
>

> I hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards
> Nestor
>

> On 22-Aug-16 4:22 PM, César Calvo wrote:
>> Hello friends.
>> I have tried to see how works CXP with IIS and when I do
>> http://localhost/cxpinfo.cxp, is visualized an error HTTP 404.3
>> Why ?
>> I have the websamples inside of inetpub\wwwroot and toot cxpinfo.cxp
>> Thanks.
>> César.
Nestor G. TorresRe: CXP Pages with IIS
on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 06:39:46 +0200
Cesar,

There are many things that need to be thought-out for a cxp  application
before it can be seen by the outside world. Luckily I do not think its
to hard.

1) you must install just the alaska cxp component as you have done on
your computer onto your customers computer.
2) you must move all your developed cxp code into the cxp root folder
(this is the way I have been doing it since there has been no clear
indication of how to do it otherwise...maybe there is a better way).
Note that CXP modules will automatically be recompiled when they are
first accessed so you do not need to move cxp dll files from your
computer. Do not forget that any javascript that you have developed and
Libraries used must also be moved to your customers folders or pointed
to where they reside on the World Wide Web.
3) you must also setup virtual directories within IIS that point to your
Alaska xBase dbf files. CXP uses these virtual directories to access
your data.
4) Then you must configure the router to point to your listening IIS
computer. And setup the routers firewall to allow access from the
outside world. And their is also the setting up of your domain; example
www.examplecustomer.com must be associated to the IP address of the
customers computer and of course registered with a domain service provider.

There are a few things to learn but in the end it is worth it.
unfortunately I can not teach via email, but I hope that the few hints I
am providing will help you find your path.

If you attend the conference you may find a better way of setting up a
customers computer. At the moment this is working for me.

Kind Regards,
Nestor

On 23-Aug-16 11:54 PM, César Calvo wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> B) Also make sure that support for CGI executables is enabled which also
>> enables the FastCGIModule. The feature CGI can be found in the feature
>> tree on the following location:
>>
>> => Internet Information Services
>> => World Wide Web Services
>> => Application Development Features
>> => CGI
>>

>> 3) Then I would uninstall CXP , restart computer then reinstall cxp ;
>> this must be the last step.
>>

>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Nestor
>>

>> On 22-Aug-16 4:22 PM, César Calvo wrote:
>>> Hello friends.
>>> I have tried to see how works CXP with IIS and when I do
>>> http://localhost/cxpinfo.cxp, is visualized an error HTTP 404.3
>>> Why ?
>>> I have the websamples inside of inetpub\wwwroot and toot cxpinfo.cxp

on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 21:41:09 +0200
Many thanks Nestor, your help is great.
Reagrds.

noticias:1a6fce71$6bb4689b$14ea8f@news.alaska-software.com...

> [...]

>> B) Also make sure that support for CGI executables is enabled which also
>> enables the FastCGIModule. The feature CGI can be found in the feature
>> tree on the following location:
>>
>> => Internet Information Services
>> => World Wide Web Services
>> => Application Development Features
>> => CGI
>>

>> 3) Then I would uninstall CXP , restart computer then reinstall cxp ;
>> this must be the last step.
>>

>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Nestor
>>

>> On 22-Aug-16 4:22 PM, César Calvo wrote:
>>> Hello friends.
>>> I have tried to see how works CXP with IIS and when I do
>>> http://localhost/cxpinfo.cxp, is visualized an error HTTP 404.3
>>> Why ?
>>> I have the websamples inside of inetpub\wwwroot and toot cxpinfo.cxp

on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 23:56:24 +0200
Great Nestor.
I am agree with you, the documentation should be improved and completed (in
fact I have said this to Alaska Team).
I hope in the next conference the speakers provide all possible knowledge
for this technologie because it can be very interesting to develop
applications.
Thnaks.

And the back-end for starlite is RAPS found at www.softwareclinic.co.za

Kind regards