Alaska Software Inc. - Windows 10 / Mouse scrollwheel
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Windows 10 / Mouse scrollwheel
Thomas PoolWindows 10 / Mouse scrollwheel
on Mon, 03 Aug 2015 15:02:05 +0200
Hi All,

Users are reporting that in Win 10 the mouse scroll wheel is not working in
xbpbrowse scroll-window, but only on the scrollbar-area. That is in
1.90.355. Is this a bug or an MS policy?

Thanks & regards, Thomas
Otto TrappRe: Windows 10 / Mouse scrollwheel
on Tue, 04 Aug 2015 11:31:16 +0200
Hello,

I can confirm this mouse wheel behaviour in XbpBrowse.

I also found that GUI windows in my app cannot be minimized to the tray.
Crt windows seem to be working in this respect.

Regards,
Otto
Otto TrappRe: Windows 10 / Mouse scrollwheel
on Tue, 04 Aug 2015 11:32:26 +0200
My version is also 1.90.355
Klaus OverhageRe: Windows 10 / Mouse scrollwheel
on Tue, 04 Aug 2015 12:48:08 +0200
Why not search about this in the newsgroup ?
Must the same posted and posted again ?

see:

Am 03.08.2015 um 15:02 schrieb Thomas Pool:
> Hi All,
>
> Users are reporting that in Win 10 the mouse scroll wheel is not working in
> xbpbrowse scroll-window, but only on the scrollbar-area. That is in
> 1.90.355. Is this a bug or an MS policy?
>
> Thanks & regards, Thomas

Thomas PoolRe: Windows 10 / Mouse scrollwheel
on Tue, 04 Aug 2015 13:28:34 +0200
Hi Klaus,

> Why not search about this in the newsgroup ?
> Must the same posted and posted again ?

Since the problem occurs in Win10 it would'nt make sense looking for this
problem before Win10 was published...

> see:

This link is not working.

Regards, Thomas

> Am 03.08.2015 um 15:02 schrieb Thomas Pool:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Users are reporting that in Win 10 the mouse scroll wheel is not working in
>> xbpbrowse scroll-window, but only on the scrollbar-area. That is in
>> 1.90.355. Is this a bug or an MS policy?
>>
>> Thanks & regards, Thomas

Thomas BraunRe: Windows 10 / Mouse scrollwheel
on Wed, 05 Aug 2015 18:06:36 +0200
Thomas Pool wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Users are reporting that in Win 10 the mouse scroll wheel is not working in
> xbpbrowse scroll-window, but only on the scrollbar-area. That is in
> 1.90.355. Is this a bug or an MS policy?

This has been discussed very recently (less then 10 days ago) in
public.xbase++.support.en

Basically, there appears to be a mouse setting that changes this problem.
(don't have Windows 10, so I'm not sure where this is located)

The other way to fix it is to use a current version (2.x) of Xbase++

Thomas
Thomas PoolRe: Windows 10 / Mouse scrollwheel
on Thu, 06 Aug 2015 13:13:16 +0200
Thanks Thomas,

>> Hi All,
>>
>> Users are reporting that in Win 10 the mouse scroll wheel is not working in
>> xbpbrowse scroll-window, but only on the scrollbar-area. That is in
>> 1.90.355. Is this a bug or an MS policy?
>
> This has been discussed very recently (less then 10 days ago) in
> public.xbase++.support.en
>
> Basically, there appears to be a mouse setting that changes this problem.
> (don't have Windows 10, so I'm not sure where this is located)

The setting cannot be found via the Win7 config-window...

The setting can be found in Windows 10 startmenu/Settings/Mous and
touchpad/Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them.

On my notebook it works the other way round... The setting Rol the
mousewheel to scroll... seems to effect the setting...

Regards, Thomas