Alaska Software Inc. - Visual xbase error on Windows 7
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
Bruce Carroll Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:59:08 +0000
Hi,

I have been using visual xbase for some time now on XP with no problems.
  Now using a new laptop with Windows 7/64bit. I can still use Visual
Xbase 2.0.338 but the Intelicode function has the following error:
Parameter has wrong data type.

Can anyone help resolve this issue please?

Best regards,

Bruce
Joe Carrick Re: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:24:36 -0800
Try running in 32 bit compatible mode.

Bruce Carroll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using visual xbase for some time now on XP with no problems.
>  Now using a new laptop with Windows 7/64bit. I can still use Visual
> Xbase 2.0.338 but the Intelicode function has the following error:
> Parameter has wrong data type.
>
> Can anyone help resolve this issue please?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bruce

Bruce Carroll Re: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:35:51 +0000
Thanks Joe,

Was using Home Premium - tried with Professional and works fine!  (No
manual change of mode but suspect it is auto running in compatibility mode)

Best regards,

Bruce

On 22/02/2010 23:24, Joe Carrick wrote:
> Try running in 32 bit compatible mode.
>
> Bruce Carroll wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been using visual xbase for some time now on XP with no
>> problems. Now using a new laptop with Windows 7/64bit. I can still use
>> Visual Xbase 2.0.338 but the Intelicode function has the following
>> error: Parameter has wrong data type.
>>
>> Can anyone help resolve this issue please?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Bruce

Simon White Re: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:01:19 -0500
Hi

I am using Windows 7 Professional and intellicode works but I do
experience another problem in that when I select the Vx-Editor from the
task bar it does not activate the window until I click the mouse on the
desktop then the Vx-Editor is displayed.

Simon

On 22/02/2010 5:59 PM, Bruce Carroll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using visual xbase for some time now on XP with no problems.
> Now using a new laptop with Windows 7/64bit. I can still use Visual
> Xbase 2.0.338 but the Intelicode function has the following error:
> Parameter has wrong data type.
>
> Can anyone help resolve this issue please?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bruce

Bruce Carroll Re: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:48:56 +0000
Simon,

I also have this issue

I have resolved the intelicode problem.  After upgrading the laptop to
professional with no change...  I un-installed VX and xbase and
reinstalled back-to-front.  i.e. I installed VX FIRST then xbase.  Then
applied all hot fixes.  Intelicode now works fine.

Best regards,

Bruce

On 23/02/2010 17:01, Simon White wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Windows 7 Professional and intellicode works but I do
> experience another problem in that when I select the Vx-Editor from the
> task bar it does not activate the window until I click the mouse on the
> desktop then the Vx-Editor is displayed.
>
> Simon
>

> On 22/02/2010 5:59 PM, Bruce Carroll wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been using visual xbase for some time now on XP with no problems.
>> Now using a new laptop with Windows 7/64bit. I can still use Visual
>> Xbase 2.0.338 but the Intelicode function has the following error:
>> Parameter has wrong data type.
>>
>> Can anyone help resolve this issue please?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Bruce

Don Keating Re: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Thu, 19 May 2011 08:14:59 -0400
Hi Bruce and others,

Never had problem you describe but, do have another that happens much more
frquently in Win7 than it did in WinXP.

Press F9 to update the EXE, check EXE and usually close it.  Click the
Editor window and it's "Not Responding".  Must always close the Editor with
Task Manager or red "X" and re-open it.  Doesn't happen every time and
sometimes it will work properly for many hours.  Then I'll have a spell
when it happens every time.  Sometimes a re-boot fixes it temporarily.

Suggestions will be appreciated.

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:48:56 +0000, Bruce Carroll wrote:

> Simon,
>
> I also have this issue
>
> I have resolved the intelicode problem.  After upgrading the laptop to
> professional with no change...  I un-installed VX and xbase and
> reinstalled back-to-front.  i.e. I installed VX FIRST then xbase.  Then
> applied all hot fixes.  Intelicode now works fine.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bruce
>

> On 23/02/2010 17:01, Simon White wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using Windows 7 Professional and intellicode works but I do
> > experience another problem in that when I select the Vx-Editor from the
> > task bar it does not activate the window until I click the mouse on the
> > desktop then the Vx-Editor is displayed.
> >
> > Simon
> >

> > On 22/02/2010 5:59 PM, Bruce Carroll wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have been using visual xbase for some time now on XP with no
problems.
> >> Now using a new laptop with Windows 7/64bit. I can still use Visual
> >> Xbase 2.0.338 but the Intelicode function has the following error:
> >> Parameter has wrong data type.
> >>
> >> Can anyone help resolve this issue please?
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> Bruce

Bruce Carroll Re: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Sun, 22 May 2011 11:22:04 +0100
Don,

I do not have this sort of problem.  I do however get a German error
message on closing VX about once a week.

Many of the slowness and other issues have been resolved since I changed
my hard disk to a SSD.  Hugh increase in performance, quieter and very
few error.

Best regards,

Bruce

On 19/05/2011 13:14, Don Keating wrote:
> Hi Bruce and others,
>
> Never had problem you describe but, do have another that happens much more
> frquently in Win7 than it did in WinXP.
>
> Press F9 to update the EXE, check EXE and usually close it.  Click the
> Editor window and it's "Not Responding".  Must always close the Editor with
> Task Manager or red "X" and re-open it.  Doesn't happen every time and
> sometimes it will work properly for many hours.  Then I'll have a spell
> when it happens every time.  Sometimes a re-boot fixes it temporarily.
>
> Suggestions will be appreciated.
>
>     >don<
>
> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:48:56 +0000, Bruce Carroll wrote:
>
>> Simon,
>>
>> I also have this issue
>>
>> I have resolved the intelicode problem.  After upgrading the laptop to
>> professional with no change...  I un-installed VX and xbase and
>> reinstalled back-to-front.  i.e. I installed VX FIRST then xbase.  Then
>> applied all hot fixes.  Intelicode now works fine.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Bruce
>>

>> On 23/02/2010 17:01, Simon White wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am using Windows 7 Professional and intellicode works but I do
>>> experience another problem in that when I select the Vx-Editor from the
>>> task bar it does not activate the window until I click the mouse on the
>>> desktop then the Vx-Editor is displayed.
>>>
>>> Simon

> problems.

Don Keating Re: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Sun, 22 May 2011 08:57:29 -0400
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your response.

I get that error message occassionally also but, not often enough to be a
big problem like this "not respoding" thing which requires
closing/reopening the editor causing loss of changes I've forgotten to
save.  Not to mention loss of time.

On Sun, 22 May 2011 11:22:04 +0100, Bruce Carroll wrote:

> Don,
>
> I do not have this sort of problem.  I do however get a German error
> message on closing VX about once a week.
>
> Many of the slowness and other issues have been resolved since I changed
> my hard disk to a SSD.  Hugh increase in performance, quieter and very
> few error.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bruce
>
> On 19/05/2011 13:14, Don Keating wrote:
> > Hi Bruce and others,
> >
> > Never had problem you describe but, do have another that happens much
more
> > frquently in Win7 than it did in WinXP.
> >
> > Press F9 to update the EXE, check EXE and usually close it.  Click the
> > Editor window and it's "Not Responding".  Must always close the Editor
with
> > Task Manager or red "X" and re-open it.  Doesn't happen every time and
> > sometimes it will work properly for many hours.  Then I'll have a spell
> > when it happens every time.  Sometimes a re-boot fixes it temporarily.
> >
> > Suggestions will be appreciated.
> >
> >     >don<
> >
> > On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:48:56 +0000, Bruce Carroll wrote:
> >
> >> Simon,
> >>
> >> I also have this issue
> >>
> >> I have resolved the intelicode problem.  After upgrading the laptop to
> >> professional with no change...  I un-installed VX and xbase and
> >> reinstalled back-to-front.  i.e. I installed VX FIRST then xbase.
Then
> >> applied all hot fixes.  Intelicode now works fine.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> Bruce

> > problems.

Jan EscholtRe: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Sun, 22 May 2011 15:15:56 +0200
Am 22.05.2011 12:22, schrieb Bruce Carroll:
> Don,
>
> I do not have this sort of problem. I do however get a German error
> message on closing VX about once a week.

That is funny. You as english speaking developer get a german message,
and I as a german developer never get a german message from VX. Would be
interesting what this message says.

I would love to get german messages from VX! Maybe with VX 2.0 end of
this year?

Jan
Bruce Carroll Re: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Sun, 22 May 2011 14:40:12 +0100
I will try to remember to post a screen shot next time I get it!

On 22/05/2011 14:15, Jan Escholt wrote:

> Am 22.05.2011 12:22, schrieb Bruce Carroll:
>> Don,
>>
>> I do not have this sort of problem. I do however get a German error
>> message on closing VX about once a week.
>>

> That is funny. You as english speaking developer get a german message,
> and I as a german developer never get a german message from VX. Would be
> interesting what this message says.
>
> I would love to get german messages from VX! Maybe with VX 2.0 end of
> this year?
>
> Jan
AUGE_OHRRe: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Mon, 23 May 2011 01:06:11 +0200
hi,

> I would love to get german messages from VX! Maybe with VX 2.0

you meen VX 3.0 ...

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Bruce Carroll Re: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Mon, 23 May 2011 08:32:54 +0100
Below is error: part English part German - any ideas?

Error report:

An error occured: Zugriffsvrletzung bei Adresse 00016B98 in Modul
'VXIDE20.EXE'. Lesen von Adresse 0B724DAC.

On 22/05/2011 14:15, Jan Escholt wrote:

> Am 22.05.2011 12:22, schrieb Bruce Carroll:
>> Don,
>>
>> I do not have this sort of problem. I do however get a German error
>> message on closing VX about once a week.
>>

> That is funny. You as english speaking developer get a german message,
> and I as a german developer never get a german message from VX. Would be
> interesting what this message says.
>
> I would love to get german messages from VX! Maybe with VX 2.0 end of
> this year?
>
> Jan
Don Keating Re: Visual xbase error on Windows 7
on Thu, 26 May 2011 15:15:42 -0400
I just got the German error report.  It's attached.  Pretty close to one
Bruce reported.

The "Not Responding" trouble still plaques me.

On Mon, 23 May 2011 08:32:54 +0100, Bruce Carroll wrote:

> Below is error: part English part German - any ideas?
>
> Error report:
>
> An error occured: Zugriffsvrletzung bei Adresse 00016B98 in Modul
> 'VXIDE20.EXE'. Lesen von Adresse 0B724DAC.
>
> On 22/05/2011 14:15, Jan Escholt wrote:
> >

> > Am 22.05.2011 12:22, schrieb Bruce Carroll:
> >> Don,
> >>
> >> I do not have this sort of problem. I do however get a German error
> >> message on closing VX about once a week.
> >>

> > That is funny. You as english speaking developer get a german message,
> > and I as a german developer never get a german message from VX. Would
be
> > interesting what this message says.
> >
> > I would love to get german messages from VX! Maybe with VX 2.0 end of
> > this year?
> >
> > Jan

VXIFR20ErrorGerman.png