Alaska Software Inc. - A sure way to connect to Advantage database server from XBase++ method
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: A sure way to connect to Advantage database server from XBase++ method
Richard A. PulliamA sure way to connect to Advantage database server from XBase++ method
on Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:39:36 -0600
After spending countless hours trying to have my XBase++ program "discover"
the Advantage server connection with a success rate of less than 50% in
connecting, I ran into this article.

Alleluia!!!  Bypass the discovery mechanism.

http://blog.advantageevangelist.com/2008/11/tip-5-bypassing-advantage-discovery.html

Now.....   If I can get the Clipper connection working...... (hint)

Best regards.

Richard A. Pulliam
http://www.ClipperSolutions.com

---
Jonathan LeemingRe: A sure way to connect to Advantage database server from XBase++ method
on Thu, 05 Mar 2015 11:14:35 -0700
Hi Richard,

Are you useing ADSDOSIP for your Clipper application?

Regards... Jonathan

On Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:39:36 -0600, "Richard A. Pulliam"
<clippersolutions@hotmail.com> wrote:

>After spending countless hours trying to have my XBase++ program "discover"
>the Advantage server connection with a success rate of less than 50% in
>connecting, I ran into this article.
>
>Alleluia!!!  Bypass the discovery mechanism.
>
>http://blog.advantageevangelist.com/2008/11/tip-5-bypassing-advantage-discovery.html
>
>Now.....   If I can get the Clipper connection working...... (hint)
>
>Best regards.
>
>Richard A. Pulliam
>http://www.ClipperSolutions.com
>

>---
Richard A. PulliamRe: A sure way to connect to Advantage database server from XBase++ method
on Wed, 11 Mar 2015 19:31:34 -0500
Hi Jonathan,

I believe the problem is I am running on Window 7 Home and I need to have
Windows 7 Professional because Clipper Advantage needs to run on NT mode
also using ADSDOSIP.  Bought the W7 Professional but failed to install.
Waiting to hear from the vendor.  When it rains, it pours.

Thanks for your concern.  Will post results as a hint when I got it working.

Richard

"Jonathan Leeming" wrote in message

Hi Richard,

Are you useing ADSDOSIP for your Clipper application?

Regards... Jonathan

On Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:39:36 -0600, "Richard A. Pulliam"
<clippersolutions@hotmail.com> wrote:

>After spending countless hours trying to have my XBase++ program "discover"
>the Advantage server connection with a success rate of less than 50% in
>connecting, I ran into this article.
>
>Alleluia!!!  Bypass the discovery mechanism.
>
>http://blog.advantageevangelist.com/2008/11/tip-5-bypassing-advantage-discovery.html
>
>Now.....   If I can get the Clipper connection working...... (hint)
>
>Best regards.
>
>Richard A. Pulliam
>http://www.ClipperSolutions.com
>

>---

Richard A. Pulliam
138 Colina Circle
Panama City Beach
Florida 32413-2203 USA
Voice and Fax: (001) 850-588-9935   Cell: (001) 850-238-1203 (Preferred)
Skype: richard_pulliam
http://www.ClipperSolutions.com

---
Jonathan LeemingRe: A sure way to connect to Advantage database server from XBase++ method
on Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:55:52 -0600
Hi Richard,

Once you get your Win 7 Pro running the following link may be of some
assistance...

http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/content.aspx?Key=17&RefNo=091216-2239

Regards... Jonathan

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 19:31:34 -0500, "Richard A. Pulliam"
<clippersolutions@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Jonathan,
>
>I believe the problem is I am running on Window 7 Home and I need to have
>Windows 7 Professional because Clipper Advantage needs to run on NT mode
>also using ADSDOSIP.  Bought the W7 Professional but failed to install.
>Waiting to hear from the vendor.  When it rains, it pours.
>
>Thanks for your concern.  Will post results as a hint when I got it working.
>
>Richard
>

>"Jonathan Leeming" wrote in message
>
>Hi Richard,
>
>Are you useing ADSDOSIP for your Clipper application?
>
>Regards... Jonathan
>
>On Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:39:36 -0600, "Richard A. Pulliam"
><clippersolutions@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>After spending countless hours trying to have my XBase++ program "discover"
>>the Advantage server connection with a success rate of less than 50% in
>>connecting, I ran into this article.
>>
>>Alleluia!!!  Bypass the discovery mechanism.
>>
>>http://blog.advantageevangelist.com/2008/11/tip-5-bypassing-advantage-discovery.html
>>
>>Now.....   If I can get the Clipper connection working...... (hint)
>>
>>Best regards.
>>
>>Richard A. Pulliam
>>http://www.ClipperSolutions.com
>>

>>---
>

>Richard A. Pulliam
>138 Colina Circle
>Panama City Beach
>Florida 32413-2203 USA
>Voice and Fax: (001) 850-588-9935   Cell: (001) 850-238-1203 (Preferred)
>Skype: richard_pulliam
>http://www.ClipperSolutions.com
>

>---
Richard A. PulliamRe: A sure way to connect to Advantage database server from XBase++ method
on Fri, 20 Mar 2015 21:10:27 -0500
Where do I get ADSDOSIP?  looked, and looked, and.....

Extended was bought by SyBase and can not find a word about ADSDOSIP.

Hi Richard,

Once you get your Win 7 Pro running the following link may be of some
assistance...

http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/content.aspx?Key=17&RefNo=091216-2239

Regards... Jonathan

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 19:31:34 -0500, "Richard A. Pulliam"
<clippersolutions@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Jonathan,
>
>I believe the problem is I am running on Window 7 Home and I need to have
>Windows 7 Professional because Clipper Advantage needs to run on NT mode
>also using ADSDOSIP.  Bought the W7 Professional but failed to install.
>Waiting to hear from the vendor.  When it rains, it pours.
>
>Thanks for your concern.  Will post results as a hint when I got it
>working.
>
>Richard
>

>"Jonathan Leeming" wrote in message
>
>Hi Richard,
>
>Are you useing ADSDOSIP for your Clipper application?
>
>Regards... Jonathan
>
>On Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:39:36 -0600, "Richard A. Pulliam"
><clippersolutions@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>After spending countless hours trying to have my XBase++ program
>>"discover"
>>the Advantage server connection with a success rate of less than 50% in
>>connecting, I ran into this article.
>>
>>Alleluia!!!  Bypass the discovery mechanism.
>>
>>http://blog.advantageevangelist.com/2008/11/tip-5-bypassing-advantage-discovery.html
>>
>>Now.....   If I can get the Clipper connection working...... (hint)
>>
>>Best regards.
>>
>>Richard A. Pulliam
>>http://www.ClipperSolutions.com
>>

>>---
>

>Richard A. Pulliam
>138 Colina Circle
>Panama City Beach
>Florida 32413-2203 USA
>Voice and Fax: (001) 850-588-9935   Cell: (001) 850-238-1203 (Preferred)
>Skype: richard_pulliam
>http://www.ClipperSolutions.com
>

>---

Richard A. Pulliam
138 Colina Circle
Panama City Beach
Florida 32413-2203 USA
Voice and Fax: (001) 850-588-9935
Cell: (001) 850-238-1203 (Preferred)
Skype: richard_pulliam
http://www.ClipperSolutions.com

---
Jonathan LeemingRe: A sure way to connect to Advantage database server from XBase++ method
on Sat, 21 Mar 2015 15:02:13 -0600
Hi Richard,

I'm assuming that the Clipper app is moving from a Novell IPX/SPX
environment.  Keep in mind the ADSDOSIP solution will be significantly
(painfully) slower than what the Clipper app users would have
experienced in the IPX/SPX world.

Unless it is "impossible" to recompile using Xbase++ VIO mode I would
suggest that it is worth the time investment.

With that being said...

I belive you can find ADSDOSIP using the following link
http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/content.aspx?key=20

Advantage has not updated the ADSDOSIP component since V7 but they did
release some updated LIB files in V8.  From the link above click on
any release 8.0 or higher (the ADSDOSIP / Clipper LIBs are all the
same after 8.0).  At the bottom of the list of products for the
selected version you will see... Advantage Clipper RDD.

Within there you will find 2 download links... You will need both the
7.0 "Full Release" and the 8.0 "Update".  The 7.0 is an executible
called Clipper.exe... when you install it I seem to remember that you
need to do a full install (maybe Manual) otherwise you won't get
ADSDOSIP.  The 8.0 just has 3 updated LIB files as I mentioned
previously.

Please let me know how it goes for you and if you get it to install OK
otherwise we can look at "plan B".

Regards... Jonathan

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 21:10:27 -0500, "Richard A. Pulliam"