Alaska Software Inc. - Is any chance to get a DEMO of 2.0 (latest version)
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Is any chance to get a DEMO of 2.0 (latest version)
Giorgio Stevanato Is any chance to get a DEMO of 2.0 (latest version)
on Fri, 22 Jul 2016 13:55:23 +0800
A colleague of mine has sent emails to Alaska asking for a demo of the latest
compiler but so far no answer.
Is still somebody there?
How can we commit to buy a subscription if we cannot even try it?
Thanks

Giorgio
Boris BorzicRe: Is any chance to get a DEMO of 2.0 (latest version)
on Fri, 22 Jul 2016 15:00:19 +0200
Giorgio Stevanato <giorgio@nospam_logicol.net> wrote in

> A colleague of mine has sent emails to Alaska asking for a demo of the
> latest compiler but so far no answer.
> Is still somebody there?
> How can we commit to buy a subscription if we cannot even try it?

Did you try this already?
http://www.alaska-software.com/welcome/trial.cxp

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Jan EscholtRe: Is any chance to get a DEMO of 2.0 (latest version)
on Fri, 22 Jul 2016 18:32:45 +0200
Boris,

unfortunately this page informs the visitor that "there is no demo
version yet available. Please fill in the form anyway and press the
"Create Account" button. We will inform you immediately when the demo is
available." Even almost 2 years after publishing the 2.0 it looks like
that Alaska is still not able to provide a demo.

Jan

Am 22.07.2016 um 15:00 schrieb Boris Borzic:
> Giorgio Stevanato <giorgio@nospam_logicol.net> wrote in
>
>> A colleague of mine has sent emails to Alaska asking for a demo of the
>> latest compiler but so far no answer.
>> Is still somebody there?
>> How can we commit to buy a subscription if we cannot even try it?
>
> Did you try this already?
> http://www.alaska-software.com/welcome/trial.cxp

Boris BorzicRe: Is any chance to get a DEMO of 2.0 (latest version)
on Sat, 23 Jul 2016 14:24:50 +0200
Jan Escholt wrote in news:476b2ef3$3eab4e18$bc1c@news.alaska-software.com:

> unfortunately this page informs the visitor that "there is no demo
> version yet available. Please fill in the form anyway and press the
> "Create Account" button. We will inform you immediately when the demo is
> available." Even almost 2 years after publishing the 2.0 it looks like
> that Alaska is still not able to provide a demo.

I saw that, but was hoping that if one did in fact make the effort to enter
their contact info, Alaska Software would be kind enough to send out a demo
version promptly. That's what I would do!  As a matter of fact, I provide
complete, fully functional demo versions of my products (SQLExpress and
Xb2.NET) to anyone willing to enter an email address and downloading a ZIP
file.

Don't understand why this is so difficult. Xbase++ is a fantastic product,
but fumbling the ball like this does not make a great impression on new
(or existing) customers.

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Frank GrossheinrichRe: Is any chance to get a DEMO of 2.0 (latest version)
on Fri, 22 Jul 2016 15:46:26 +0200
And where did you send messages?
I looked up our emails and did find nothing.
Please contact us at info@alaska-software.com
My colleagues will take care of your request.

Frank

PS: and yes, we are there

On 22.07.2016 07:55, Giorgio Stevanato wrote:
> A colleague of mine has sent emails to Alaska asking for a demo of the
> latest compiler but so far no answer.
> Is still somebody there?
> How can we commit to buy a subscription if we cannot even try it?
> Thanks
>
> Giorgio
Giorgio Stevanato Re: Is any chance to get a DEMO of 2.0 (latest version)
on Sat, 23 Jul 2016 15:38:50 +0800
As I mentioned a colleague of mine from our HK office has sent a message to the
"info@alaska-software.com" account the 12th of July after creating the online
account.
He received an answer form Peter the 22nd after a second email (pushing for the
first...).
There is a green tab on Alaska page "Free Xbase++ trial"... Then on the linked
page there is a note that says "there is no demo version yet available". This
has been there for years so I'm guessing in order to get the demo we have to
"push" a little the issue.
Today office is close, so I cannot verify with my colleague, but from a message
I got yesterday evening looks like "something" is finally available for testing.

I honestly do not know why it is so hard to evaluate this thing. I've been
working with Xbase a lot of years and I'm still using 1.90.331 without too much
troubles. If we get a product that can fix the few issues we have with 1.9 we
will be happy to pay for the new version/subscription. Does it make sense?

Regards

Giorgio