Alaska Software Inc. - Printing using ?/??
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Printing using ?/??
JAYARAM MYSOREPrinting using ?/??
on Sat, 15 Aug 2009 05:27:38 +0530
I have to a greater extent migrated from Clipper 87 to Xbase in non GUI
mode. My problem now is with printing.
I am able to print like in Clipper 87 by turning off the print spooler and
using ?/?? commands
All my reports are output to a text file using ?/?? command.  example file
is attached
Now please help me in printing this TEST.DOC from with in the appliaction
using print spooler on and printer system
Is there a easy method?
CAN SOMBODY SHOW THEIR CODE FOR PRINTING?
AUGE_OHRRe: Printing using ?/??
on Sat, 15 Aug 2009 05:21:49 +0200
hi,

>I have to a greater extent migrated from Clipper 87 to Xbase in non GUI
>mode. My problem now is with printing.

why ?

> I am able to print like in Clipper 87 by turning off the print spooler and
> using ?/?? commands

Xbase++ is compatible to Cl*pper v5.2e so you can still use most of S87

> All my reports are output to a text file using ?/?? command.  example file
> is attached

no attachment

> Now please help me in printing this TEST.DOC from with in the appliaction
> using print spooler on and printer system

did you try it ? as Xbase++ is compatible just try it

> Is there a easy method?
> CAN SOMBODY SHOW THEIR CODE FOR PRINTING?

look into "your" Source ... you must not use "GUI-Printing", but than you
cant get any benefit from it.

*** Code ***
SET CONSOLE OFF
*SET PRINTER TO LPT2
SET PRINT ON      use PRINT ON

IF _2FILEFLAG()   if print to file
   SET PRINTER TO C:\TEMP\Artikel.prn
ENDIF
 some ESC Printer Code
?? CHR( 27 ) + CHR( 64 )
?? CHR( 27 ) + CHR( 80 )

? ' '
? DTOC( DATE() )

EJECT
*SET PRINTER TO LPT1
SET PRINT OFF
SET CONSOLE ON

or using @ x,y SAY

SET CONSOLE OFF
SET DEVICE TO PRINT  use DEVICE
@  1, 71 SAY DTOC( DATE() )
EJECT
SET CONSOLE OFF

 reset Printer
* SET PRINTER TO LPT2
SET PRINT ON
?? CHR( 27 ) + CHR( 80 )
?? CHR( 27 ) + CHR( 64 )
* SET PRINTER TO LPT1
SET PRINT OFF

IF _2FILEFLAG()
   SET PRINTER TO
ENDIF
SET DEVICE TO SCREEN  reset DEVICE
SET CONSOLE ON
*** Eof

also my S87 Code for "debug" still work under GUI in background if need.

*** Code ***
 still work in Xbase++ GUI
SET ALTER TO MyDeBUG.TXT
SET CONSOLE OFF
SET ALTER ON
? blabla
SET ALTER OFF
SET CONSOLE ON
SET ALTER TO
 Cl*pper
IF PrintNow()
    RUN("COPY MyDeBUG.TXT >LPT1:")
    IF EjectNow()
        RUN("echo ? >LPT1")
    ENDIF
ENDIF

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Jack DuijfRe: Printing using ?/??
on Sat, 15 Aug 2009 12:22:40 +0200
Hello,

Check the ISPRINTER post of 13-08-2009 12:10 in the bugreport.

Regards,
Jack Duijf

"JAYARAM MYSORE" schreef in bericht
>I have to a greater extent migrated from Clipper 87 to Xbase in non GUI
>mode. My problem now is with printing.
> I am able to print like in Clipper 87 by turning off the print spooler and
> using ?/?? commands
> All my reports are output to a text file using ?/?? command.  example file
> is attached
> Now please help me in printing this TEST.DOC from with in the appliaction
> using print spooler on and printer system
> Is there a easy method?
> CAN SOMBODY SHOW THEIR CODE FOR PRINTING?

JAYARAM MYSORERe: Printing using ?/??
on Sun, 16 Aug 2009 13:28:50 +0530
Dear Jack,
Thank you for your help.

I have done the following and I am able to print. But I do not have control
over FONT and it's size. I want all the out put in Courier 10 point size

      aList  := xbpPrinter():New():List()
      if ValType(aList) <> "A"
         aList          := {}
      endif
      if Len(aList) >0
         cPrinter = aList[2]
         oPrinter       := xbpPrinter():New():Create(cPrinter, PRN_Q_TEXT )
         nStatus        := oPrinter:PrinterStatus()
         cMsg           := ""
         do while nStatus <> XBPPRN_STATUS_READY
              do case
                 case nStatus = XBPPRN_STATUS_OFFLINE
                    cMsg        := "is off line."
                 case nStatus = XBPPRN_STATUS_NOPAPER
                    cMsg        := "out of paper."
                  otherwise
                    cMsg        := "not ready."
              endcase
              cMsg              :=AllTrim(oPrinter:devname) + cMsg
              DO ERRMESG WITH cMsg
              MsgBox(cMsg)
              nStatus           := oPrinter:PrinterStatus()
         Enddo
         SET PRINTER TO OBJECT oPrinter
         SET PRINTER ON
         SET CONSOLE OFF
      endif

<Jack Duijf> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Check the ISPRINTER post of 13-08-2009 12:10 in the bugreport.
>
> Regards,
> Jack Duijf
>
> "JAYARAM MYSORE" schreef in bericht
>>I have to a greater extent migrated from Clipper 87 to Xbase in non GUI
>>mode. My problem now is with printing.
>> I am able to print like in Clipper 87 by turning off the print spooler
>> and using ?/?? commands
>> All my reports are output to a text file using ?/?? command.  example
>> file is attached
>> Now please help me in printing this TEST.DOC from with in the appliaction
>> using print spooler on and printer system
>> Is there a easy method?
>> CAN SOMBODY SHOW THEIR CODE FOR PRINTING?

James Loughner Re: Printing using ?/??
on Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:26:55 -0400
1) you need to use esc codes to control the printer. note some printers
may not be able to do this and some may not print at all from RAW data.

2) If you want full control over any Windows capable printer you must
use graphic printing and print through the print driver.

Jim

JAYARAM MYSORE wrote:
> Dear Jack,
> Thank you for your help.
>
> I have done the following and I am able to print. But I do not have control
> over FONT and it's size. I want all the out put in Courier 10 point size
>
>       aList  := xbpPrinter():New():List()
>       if ValType(aList) <> "A"
>          aList          := {}
>       endif
>       if Len(aList) >0
>          cPrinter = aList[2]
>          oPrinter       := xbpPrinter():New():Create(cPrinter, PRN_Q_TEXT )
>          nStatus        := oPrinter:PrinterStatus()
>          cMsg           := ""
>          do while nStatus <> XBPPRN_STATUS_READY
>               do case
>                  case nStatus = XBPPRN_STATUS_OFFLINE
>                     cMsg        := "is off line."
>                  case nStatus = XBPPRN_STATUS_NOPAPER
>                     cMsg        := "out of paper."
>                   otherwise
>                     cMsg        := "not ready."
>               endcase
>               cMsg              :=AllTrim(oPrinter:devname) + cMsg
>               DO ERRMESG WITH cMsg
>               MsgBox(cMsg)
>               nStatus           := oPrinter:PrinterStatus()
>          Enddo
>          SET PRINTER TO OBJECT oPrinter
>          SET PRINTER ON
>          SET CONSOLE OFF
>       endif
>

> <Jack Duijf> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Check the ISPRINTER post of 13-08-2009 12:10 in the bugreport.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jack Duijf
>>
>> "JAYARAM MYSORE" schreef in bericht
>>> I have to a greater extent migrated from Clipper 87 to Xbase in non GUI
>>> mode. My problem now is with printing.
>>> I am able to print like in Clipper 87 by turning off the print spooler
>>> and using ?/?? commands
>>> All my reports are output to a text file using ?/?? command.  example
>>> file is attached
>>> Now please help me in printing this TEST.DOC from with in the appliaction
>>> using print spooler on and printer system
>>> Is there a easy method?
>>> CAN SOMBODY SHOW THEIR CODE FOR PRINTING?

Carlos A Beling Re: Printing using ?/??
on Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:54:55 -0300
Helo Jayaram:
good morning.

You will can not printing this way using the new one printers.

Beling
Cheers