Alaska Software Inc. - hdd device-name
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: hdd device-name
Zdenko Bielikhdd device-name
on Fri, 18 May 2018 17:00:10 +0200
Hi,

please, how is it possible find out in Windows, which hard-disk is
„\Device\Harddisk3\DR5“?
When I look into device-manager, hard-disks are marked as „Disk0, Disk1 ...“.

TIA & Regards

              Zdeno
Jim LeeRe: hdd device-name
on Fri, 18 May 2018 22:49:31 +0200
Hi,

> please, how is it possible find out in Windows, which hard-disk is
> "\Device\Harddisk3\DR5"?
> When I look into device-manager, hard-disks are marked as "Disk0, Disk1
> ...".

i have a App to eject USB Drive but like you i have to identify Drive
before.

"\Device\HarddiskVolume5" is a szDosDeviceName but you need DeviceIdString
like "USB\VID_058F&PID_6387\BABD3FF5" to identify Hardware

---

my 1st try was to translate a C Code with many API function but it was not
stable.
now i found a other Way so before i go on i must know what you want to do
Zdenko BielikRe: hdd device-name
on Sat, 19 May 2018 09:10:23 +0200
On one pc in event-viewer is message about any problems on that device,
and there is more fixed disks(with more partitions) and I don’t know,
which one it is...
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: hdd device-name
on Sat, 19 May 2018 10:07:48 +0200
¿wmi?

Regards. Diego

test.zip
Ingo Steinbuechel Re: hdd device-name
on Sat, 19 May 2018 10:09:48 +0200
Hi Zdenko,

"Zdenko Bielik" <Zdenko Bielik> wrote:

> how is it possible find out in Windows, which hard-disk is
> „\Device\Harddisk3\DR5“?

maybe [1] could help you.

> TIA & Regards

HTH