Alaska Software Inc. - Function/Procedure Display
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Function/Procedure Display
Donald R. KeatingFunction/Procedure Display
on Wed, 06 Dec 2006 16:28:57 -0500
Hi Y'all,

I'm using version 2.0.338 PRE-RELEASE.

When I click the plus "+" sign to left of PRG name for some (many) PRGs not
all the functions/procedures in that PRG are displayed below the PRG name.

The first one is always displayed but, in many cases that's all.

Have I missed a setting (prefernce) someplace?

Thanks.

   >don<
Garry Allen Re: Function/Procedure Display
on Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:42:21 -0500
Donald R. Keating wrote:

> Hi Y'all,
>
> I'm using version 2.0.338 PRE-RELEASE.
Hi Don
   I believe that the Program Manager has a problem with long routines. You
are very likely to encounter it if you use Clayton's template system. My
guess is that if you put a short function at the beginning of the prg you
will then show two functions. (That won't help you particularly, but it
will confirm the problem). The only thing I've found that works is to make
sure that you write all of your other code ABOVE that long function (and
hopefully you don't have more than one of those in each prg)
Garry

> When I click the plus "+" sign to left of PRG name for some (many) PRGs
> not all the functions/procedures in that PRG are displayed below the PRG
> name.
>
> The first one is always displayed but, in many cases that's all.
>
> Have I missed a setting (prefernce) someplace?
>
> Thanks.
>
>    >don<
Donald R. KeatingRe: Function/Procedure Display
on Fri, 08 Dec 2006 06:29:35 -0500
Thanks Garry,

Guess its just one of those little things in life that we don't particualy
like but, learn to live with.

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:42:21 -0500, Garry Allen wrote:

> Donald R. Keating wrote:
>
>> Hi Y'all,
>>
>> I'm using version 2.0.338 PRE-RELEASE.
> Hi Don
>    I believe that the Program Manager has a problem with long routines. You
> are very likely to encounter it if you use Clayton's template system. My
> guess is that if you put a short function at the beginning of the prg you
> will then show two functions. (That won't help you particularly, but it
> will confirm the problem). The only thing I've found that works is to make
> sure that you write all of your other code ABOVE that long function (and
> hopefully you don't have more than one of those in each prg)
> Garry
>
>> When I click the plus "+" sign to left of PRG name for some (many) PRGs
>> not all the functions/procedures in that PRG are displayed below the PRG
>> name.
>>
>> The first one is always displayed but, in many cases that's all.
>>
>> Have I missed a setting (prefernce) someplace?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>    >don<
Klemens LichterRe: Function/Procedure Display
on Tue, 02 Jan 2007 10:08:57 +0100
Hi Don,
I remember something similiar. As I remember it had something to do with
#ifdef and #enddef or something else, there was one of this directives not
accepted. If I used it, all functions in the PRG file were not shown in the
file explorer. I just looked for it but unfortunately I did not found it
again, It was only in one file I used it and there I had the problems. If
you are interested in that problem further more, I will check for it.
Klemens

NEU: Der Online-Shop www.csl.liefert-es.com mit ber 40.000 Artikeln. Bro,
Schule, EDV, Tinte, Toner und Vieles mehr. Einfach ausprobieren!