Alaska Software Inc. - Event fired at XbpBrowse column resize
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Event fired at XbpBrowse column resize
Claudio Driussi Event fired at XbpBrowse column resize
on Mon, 24 Aug 2020 12:16:44 +0200
I need to know if the user resize the columns in XbpBrowse
because I want to save the new column size.

But seems that no event is fired, so I must save the columns
each times.

Do you know if there are some undocumented events? I have the
foundation subscription so no source code.

Best regards
Claudio
Jonathan LeemingRe: Event fired at XbpBrowse column resize
on Mon, 24 Aug 2020 08:13:48 -0600
On 8/24/2020 4:16 AM, Claudio Driussi wrote:
> I need to know if the user resize the columns in XbpBrowse
> because I want to save the new column size.
>
> But seems that no event is fired, so I must save the columns
> each times.
>
> Do you know if there are some undocumented events? I have the
> foundation subscription so no source code.
>
> Best regards
> Claudio
Hi Claudio,

Unless I am misunderstanding you I believe that the xbpColumn object
:Resize call back will do what you are looking for...

   Slot:	:resize := {| aOldSize, aNewSize, self | ... }
Method:	:resize ( <aOldSize>, <aNewSize> ) --> self

You just need to specify the call back for each column of your xbpBrowse
object...

oBrowse:getcolumn(1):Resize := {| aOldSize, aNewSize, self | ... }
oBrowse:getcolumn(2):Resize := {| aOldSize, aNewSize, self | ... }

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@familycentre.org
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Claudio Driussi Re: Event fired at XbpBrowse column resize
on Mon, 24 Aug 2020 17:39:34 +0200
On 24/08/20 16:13, Jonathan Leeming wrote:

> On 8/24/2020 4:16 AM, Claudio Driussi wrote:
>> I need to know if the user resize the columns in XbpBrowse
>> because I want to save the new column size.
>>
>> But seems that no event is fired, so I must save the columns
>> each times.
>>
>> Do you know if there are some undocumented events? I have the
>> foundation subscription so no source code.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Claudio
> Hi Claudio,
>
> Unless I am misunderstanding you I believe that the xbpColumn object
> :Resize call back will do what you are looking for...
>
>    Slot:    :resize := {| aOldSize, aNewSize, self | ... }
> Method:    :resize ( <aOldSize>, <aNewSize> ) --> self

Very fine, is it!

Many thanks.

Claudio