Alaska Software Inc. - Topdown DBU Index creation failure
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Topdown DBU Index creation failure
Keith LumbTopdown DBU Index creation failure
on Sun, 30 Jun 2019 17:04:55 +1000
Hi

I am a novice X BASE ++ 2.00 programmer using Topdown although I have
been around for a while. I am still learning to communicate with this help.

I am working on a large project and would appreciate some basic help.

MY problem at this stage -

My table
	66 records, 170 fields, record length 2462, size 167965
	41 separate indexes on single fields only and no combined ones.
I am having trouble creating theses indexes as Topdown dbu does not
appear to save them even though it appears to be doing so.There is some
notes in the help file but these did not seem too help.

So - 1 - do you know of a workaround.
      3 - Is there another free dbu that can create the cdx indexes.
      3 - Is cdx indexes the best to work with?

I am in Australia

Hopefully you can find the time to assist a novice.

Regards
Keith Lumb
Jonathan LeemingRe: Topdown DBU Index creation failure
on Fri, 05 Jul 2019 21:44:35 -0600
On 6/30/2019 1:04 AM, Keith Lumb wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am a novice X BASE ++ 2.00 programmer using Topdown although I have
> been around for a while. I am still learning to communicate with this help.
>
> I am working on a large project and would appreciate some basic help.
>
> MY problem at this stage -
>
> My table
>      66 records, 170 fields, record length 2462, size 167965
>      41 separate indexes on single fields only and no combined ones.
> I am having trouble creating theses indexes as Topdown dbu does not
> appear to save them even though it appears to be doing so.There is some
> notes in the help file but these did not seem too help.
>
> So - 1 - do you know of a workaround.
>       3 - Is there another free dbu that can create the cdx indexes.
>       3 - Is cdx indexes the best to work with?
>
> I am in Australia
>
> Hopefully you can find the time to assist a novice.
>
> Regards
> Keith Lumb

Hi Keith,

Are you still having issues with this?  Although I use Clayton's Topdown
I don't normally use his X-DBU I do have it.  Would you consider sending
me the data file and the specs on the 41 indices to see if 1) I can
recreate your issue and 2) find a resolution.

I use CDX for all my data files albeit with ADS and have no issues... Yet!

You can reach me at jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada