Alaska Software Inc. - Database Engine and active Session are not compatible
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Database Engine and active Session are not compatible
Scott KriseDatabase Engine and active Session are not compatible
on Tue, 09 Jan 2018 13:56:36 -0500
So I'm using the trial version of Xbase 2.0 and trying to convert from
dbf/ntx to ADS all at the same time. When I load the ADS database, I get the
following message:

"Database Engine and active Session are not compatible"

Its occurring when I try to use a table.  Example: use notifier.dbf alias
notifier

It may actually be erroring out in my errorsys routine, but the error log
indicates its stopping on the use command. Although I don't completely
understand what the Dacsession does for a living, I know that prior to this,
the only place I had any reference to sessions was in the errorsys
routine...but I was told to use this code to enable ADS:

IF ! DBELoad("ADSDBE",.F.)
    tdMsg("Database engine ADSDBE not loaded")
 ENDIF

 DbeSetDefault( "ADSDBE" )

 xTemp := "DBE=ADSDBE; SERVER=C:\pd\lewishockenberry\data\"

 DbeInfo( COMPONENT_DATA, ADSDBE_TBL_MODE, ADSDBE_NTX)
 DbeInfo( COMPONENT_ORDER, ADSDBE_INDEX_EXT, "NTX")
 DbeInfo( COMPONENT_DATA, ADSDBE_LOCK_MODE, ADSDBE_PROPRIETARY_LOCKING)

 DacSession():New(xTemp)

So Im confused. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
Chris ChambersRe: Database Engine and active Session are not compatible
on Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:07:52 -0800
On 1/9/2018 10:56 AM, Scott Krise wrote:
> So I'm using the trial version of Xbase 2.0 and trying to convert from
> dbf/ntx to ADS all at the same time. When I load the ADS database, I get
> the following message:
>
> "Database Engine and active Session are not compatible"
>
> Its occurring when I try to use a table.  Example: use notifier.dbf
> alias notifier
>
> It may actually be erroring out in my errorsys routine, but the error
> log indicates its stopping on the use command. Although I don't
> completely understand what the Dacsession does for a living, I know that
> prior to this, the only place I had any reference to sessions was in the
> errorsys routine...but I was told to use this code to enable ADS:
>
> IF ! DBELoad("ADSDBE",.F.)
>     tdMsg("Database engine ADSDBE not loaded")
> ENDIF
>
> DbeSetDefault( "ADSDBE" )
>
> xTemp := "DBE=ADSDBE; SERVER=C:\pd\lewishockenberry\data\"
>
> DbeInfo( COMPONENT_DATA, ADSDBE_TBL_MODE, ADSDBE_NTX)
> DbeInfo( COMPONENT_ORDER, ADSDBE_INDEX_EXT, "NTX")
> DbeInfo( COMPONENT_DATA, ADSDBE_LOCK_MODE, ADSDBE_PROPRIETARY_LOCKING)
>
> DacSession():New(xTemp)
>
> So Im confused. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Scott

Hi Scott
Did you get the help you needed, if not let me know and I will be glad
to help you. I have used ADS for years and there is nothing else like it
out there and I am also a re-seller of the SAP ADS server software.
Regards
Chris
http://www.chrischambers.ca
Scott KriseRe: Database Engine and active Session are not compatible
on Mon, 02 Apr 2018 14:35:32 -0400
Yes Chris, thank you...I got it working. Sorry for the delayed response.