Alaska Software Inc. - Re: WebSocketHandler, get adicional info and force disconnect?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Re: WebSocketHandler, get adicional info and force disconnect?
Joao GrenhasWebSocketHandler, get adicional info and force disconnect?
on Wed, 01 Mar 2017 16:57:25 +0000
Hello all,
I have two questions about the use of WebSocketHandler:

1- Is it possible to get adicional information, for example, the IP address
of the client that is connecting?
In WebHandler, there is the object :HttpRequest, but in WebSocketHandler
there is not (both in documentation and when looking at the WebSocketHandler
object)

2- Is it possible to force the disconnect of the connection?
I tried :disconnect() (which is only documented in WebSocketClient), but
didn't work even if it didn't give an error.

Best Regards,
Boris BorzicRe: WebSocketHandler, get adicional info and force disconnect?
on Wed, 01 Mar 2017 21:35:25 +0100
Joao Grenhas wrote in

> I have two questions about the use of WebSocketHandler:

I don't know about the Xbase++ 2.0 WebSocketHandler, but you can
definitely do this with the Xb2.NET WebSocket implementation (works with
all versions of Xbase++ 1.82 and up), see:
http://Xb2.Net/xb2net/

> 1- Is it possible to get adicional information, for example, the IP
> address of the client that is connecting?
> In WebHandler, there is the object :HttpRequest, but in
> WebSocketHandler there is not (both in documentation and when looking
> at the WebSocketHandler object)

With Xb2.NET, on the server-side you have access to the client socket:

1. Before it's upgraded to a WebSocket (while it's still an HTTP
request). This is provided in the :FilterRequest method, example:

FUNCTION FilterRequest( oClient )
   if oClient:isWebSocket
      if xbSocket():InetNtoA(oClient:RemoteAddr) != "10.10.0.222"
          don't allow WebSocket connection from this location
         oClient:close()
         Return .F.
      endif
   endif
   Return .T.

2. After the connection is accepted and upgraded to a WebSocket, you have
access to the xbWebSocket instance which is derived from xbSocket (the
raw TCP/IP socket) and you can use any method or property available with
the base socket class. Here is a code snippet for a server-side WebSocket
function (found in the WEBSERVE.PRG sample included with Xb2.NET):

PROCEDURE WS_Echo( oSock )
   oSock:RecvTimeout(30000)
    limit amount of data that we will accept from client
   oSock:MaxPayloadSize := 1000
   oSock:Send("We are connected... HIGH FIVE!")
   oSock:Send("WebSocket server powered by Xb2.NET")
   if oSock:isSecure()
      oSock:Send("cipher:" + oSock:GetCurrentCipher(.t.))
   endif
   oSock:Send("Your IP is:" + xbSocket():InetNtoA(oSock:RemoteAddr))
   oSock:Send()
    etc....

> 2- Is it possible to force the disconnect of the connection?
> I tried :disconnect() (which is only documented in WebSocketClient),
> but didn't work even if it didn't give an error.

With Xb2.NET you can use the :Close() and :Destroy() methods to force a
disconnect on either the client or server sides.

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Frank GrossheinrichRe: WebSocketHandler, get adicional info and force disconnect?
on Fri, 03 Mar 2017 11:04:37 +0100
Joao,

Thank you for your questions. Infact you have uncovered an oversight -
with the documented interfaces it is not yet possible to initiate a
server side websocket disconnection.

Furthermore, the availability of the HttpRequest on the webhandler was
done in one of the latest Xbase++ updates. We already have plans to make
the HttpRequest available on the WebSocketHandler as well - we are
looking for a short term solution.

Nevertheless, for both issues, please get in contact with Alaska
Technical support at support@alaska-software.com. They may provide an
intermediate solution.

Hope this helps,

Frank