Alaska Software Inc. - Converting DBF to PostGre
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Converting DBF to PostGre
Osvaldo Luis AokiConverting DBF to PostGre
on Thu, 03 Jul 2014 22:17:08 +0200
Hi,

  I think the first step to initiate with XBASE 2.0 + Postgre is to migrate
current dbf/fox files to a PostGre database.

  Any people has any document or example explaining how to I convert DBF to
PostGre ?

  Thanks,
  Osvaldo L Aoki
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Converting DBF to PostGre
on Thu, 03 Jul 2014 18:06:09 -0400
Osvaldo,

>I think the first step to initiate with XBASE 2.0 + Postgre is to migrate
>current dbf/fox files to a PostGre database.

>Any people has any document or example explaining how to I convert DBF to
>PostGre ?

Again, you need to post this question in the "preview.xbase++.20" newsgroup,
as this is a feature that only exists in the Customer Preview of Visual
Xbase++ 2.0 and isn't present in any other version of Xbase++, including
all Visual Xbase++ 1.9 builds.

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas.GP@Charter.net
web:   http://www.Aerospace-History.net
Frank GrossheinrichRe: Converting DBF to PostGre
on Mon, 14 Jul 2014 13:39:45 +0200
Dear Osvaldo,

in addition to Andreas, Xbase++ 2.0 comes with a tool which migrates
your data from DBF/Fox to PostGre SQL. The tool is called DBFupsize. It
migrates all your data.

Hope this helps a bit,

Frank