Alaska Software Inc. - Has anyone converted GrumpFish to XBase++ ?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Has anyone converted GrumpFish to XBase++ ?
Richard A. PulliamHas anyone converted GrumpFish to XBase++ ?
on Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:27:02 -0500
I have the complete source for it, but I am weak in
C and ASM.

Richard Pulliam
Richard@ClipperSolutions.com
AUGE_OHRRe: Has anyone converted GrumpFish to XBase++ ?
on Wed, 15 Jul 2009 00:43:19 +0200
hi,

>I have the complete source for it, but I am weak in
> C and ASM.

did you realy need those Function ?
if they writing to "Screen" etc. you cant use it in Windows.

there are a lot of Windows DLL on your PC use them for Xbase++

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
James Loughner Re: Has anyone converted GrumpFish to XBase++ ?
on Wed, 15 Jul 2009 00:15:10 -0400
You can drop the asm and c function. Those function do not make sense in
windows. The rest ought to compile for the most part. Some tweaks are
needed like replacing any inkey() with inkey(1).

Jim

Richard A. Pulliam wrote:
> I have the complete source for it, but I am weak in
> C and ASM.
>
> Richard Pulliam
> Richard@ClipperSolutions.com

Don SchmitzRe: Has anyone converted GrumpFish to XBase++ ?
on Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:27:14 -0500
Wondering if you made any progress on this, We also use Grumpfish Reporter
works great but would be nice if it was recompiled in Xbase so it ran better
under windows.

Don Schmitz
University Hospital Surgery Dept.
600 Highland Ave. F8-164
Madison, WI  53792
(608) 263-9307
Email: Dons@surgery.wisc.edu

<1a9c9e5c$607640d5$434f@news.alaska-software.com>, Richard A.
Pulliam<clippersolutions@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I have the complete source for it, but I am weak in
> C and ASM.
>
> Richard Pulliam
> Richard@ClipperSolutions.com
James Loughner Re: Has anyone converted GrumpFish to XBase++ ?
on Thu, 03 Sep 2009 11:38:32 -0400
As I recall Reporter was dependent on ClassY. So all the classes would
need to be rewritten. But this only gets it running as a console app. To
move to a pure windows environment it would require pretty much a total
rewrite. Unless you are doing it for fun it would be cheaper to simply
buy a commercial report generator.

Jim