Alaska Software Inc. - Debug Windows
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Debug Windows
Carlos Beling Debug Windows
on Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:44:40 -0300
Hi Till:
should it possible to include in the "Debug Windows", as soon as
possible, one "Event Spy" window that shows apart the event
informations, if it was generated by a method (ie.: :show()), it's name,
ProcName() and ProcLine()? It is desirable that they can be browsed.
It is very hard tracking the events during the debug process.

TIA

Beling
Technical SupportRe: Debug Windows
on Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:28:13 +0100
"Carlos Beling" <beling@uai.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi Till:
> should it possible to include in the "Debug Windows", as soon as
> possible, one "Event Spy" window that shows apart the event
> informations, if it was generated by a method (ie.: :show()), it's name,
> ProcName() and ProcLine()? It is desirable that they can be browsed.
> It is very hard tracking the events during the debug process.

Carlos,

Good idea, I'll think about it. However, getting this type of
information isn't trivial. Most of the events generated occur
at the operating system-level so these aren't hard-wired
into the Xbase++ kernel. What it probably comes down to
is having to peek into the event queue after each debugger
operation. Nevertheless, I've put it down on our list of
requested features. I don't think anything can be done about
it for the next snapshot or even the final release.

Regards,
  Till

--
ARD - Alaska Research & Development

Web:       http://www.alaska-research.com
Investors: http://www.alaska-research.com/tifund
E-Mail:    mailto:till.warweg@alaska-research.com
Contact:   mailto:info@alaska-research.com
Carlos Beling Re: Debug Windows
on Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:43:31 -0300
Hi:
many thanks. The greatest time we spend in debugging is tracking the
event. I tink that in first time the events we need tracking are those
defined in Appevent.ch (more or less as "EventSpy" does).

Beling
Best regards