Alaska Software Inc. - Configure Tools
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Configure Tools
James Loughner Configure Tools
on Wed, 24 Dec 2003 17:22:35 -0500
I'd like to have a way to create setup files via the Tools. But I cant't
find a macro that will return the EXE name without an extension!!! I
need to pass the EXE name with a .ISS extension to the Inno Setup
Complier. If I use &PRJNAME I get the "project.xpj" file.

There also does not seem to be a way to change the name of the
project.xpj file

Jim
Andreas Herdt Re: Configure Tools
on Thu, 25 Dec 2003 10:56:58 +0100
James Loughner wrote:

> I'd like to have a way to create setup files via the Tools. But I cant't
> find a macro that will return the EXE name without an extension!!! I
> need to pass the EXE name with a .ISS extension to the Inno Setup
> Complier. If I use &PRJNAME I get the "project.xpj" file.

I assume that you mean Menu Tools -> Configure Tools...

I made a notice that we have to verify whether the macros
are complete. May be they should be customizable.

What about following work around.
Make an Xbase App that gets the project name and invokes the
Setup compiler as required. This App could be invoked by a
Tools menu item.

> There also does not seem to be a way to change the name of the
> project.xpj file

Nope. The name is fix for the entire lifetime of the project.
But you can easily clone the project file:

o Goto Project Manager (Alt+1).
o Right Mouse Button on the project.xpj node.
o Click Save Project As.
o Et voila.

> Jim

Regards

Andreas Herdt

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// Alaska Research & Development
// Homepage: www.alaska-research.com
// Newsgroup: nntp://news.alaska-Software.net
//
James Loughner Re: Configure Tools
on Thu, 25 Dec 2003 12:39:38 -0500
That what I figured I'd do. Write a program. But you really need a few
more macros. At least EXENAME EXENAMENOEXT. It would be nice to be able
to create macros but it seems to me it would require some info of the
data available.

BTW I really like the debugger so far. It will take a little getting
used to.

Jim