Alaska Software Inc. - XbZLib Version 2.3
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: XbZLib Version 2.3
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
XbZLib Version 2.3
on Fri, 30 Jan 2015 03:07:44 -0500
Hi all,

I have created and uploaded a new version of XbZLib, including a new version
of the AGPZip program, to showcase the XbZLib Class.

As usually, the new version, including source code and pre-compiled DLL,
LIB, and EXE files for XbZLib Version 2.03.183 and AGPZip Version 2.02.108,
can be downloaded from here:

	http://www.EJusticeSolutions.com/EJS_OnSite/XbZLib23.zip

I have included pre-compiled files for Xbase++ Version 1.90.355 as well as
for Version 2.00.570.

And -- also as usual -- I still haven't updated the documentation. Please
see the change log at the beginning of each file for an overview of the most
significant changes.

The latest version corrects the routines to "Fix" corrupted Zip Files,
specifically Zip Files that are missing their Central Directory entry at the
end of the file, which can happen, e.g., if a file transfer was prematurely
interrupted.

Additionally, I included a new feature to set a "Base Directory Name" for
file entries that are added to a Zip file, as suggested by Hubert Brandel
some time ago. That way, required Directory entries are stored in the Zip
File, but only to a selectable level, omitting the remainder of the file
structure, all the way down to the root directory. This makes the resulting
directory structure in the Zip File relative to the selected Base Directory.

And, again as usual, any feedback, support and help is appreciated. If you
use XbZLib or even AGPZip, let me know. If you want to contribute features,
please post them here. We still need the options to create Zip64 structures,
spanning (to split a Zip File into multiple smaller files) and various
Password/Encryption options. And as mentioned before, the Help System still
needs to be updated, too.

PS: I also made some small updates to the Xbase++ Error Code lists, which
can be downloaded from here:

	http://www.EJusticeSolutions.com/EJS_OnSite/Xb_Codes.zip

Enjoy,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas.GP@Charter.net
web:   http://www.Aerospace-History.net
Hubert BrandelRe: XbZLib Version 2.3
on Thu, 02 Apr 2015 12:01:01 +0200
Thanks,

here are the DLL and LIB for 2.00.575

XbZLib_2.03.183-DLL_LIB.zip
Hubert BrandelRe: XbZLib Version 2.3
on Thu, 02 Apr 2015 12:04:59 +0200
sorry, this was the wrong file, this is the right

XbZLib_2.03.183-DLL_LIB_575.zip
Hubert BrandelRe: XbZLib Version 2.3
on Wed, 08 Apr 2015 15:07:54 +0200
The best way is to build the LIB self, it is not hard,
but for a new user to tricky

The needed files are in different directorys because of
the different authors. And most will only need the DLL with the LIB.

I use such a file in the root dir of the new version ...

*-----------------------------------------------------------
REM this file have to be a CMD in the dir with XbZLib.XPJ !
@echo off
cls
ECHO get the files from phil ...
copy Phil\*.prg *.*
ECHO Active Xbase++ version:
xppload
pause
pbuild XbZLib.xpj /a
pause
MD  NewVer
del NewVer\*.* /q
copy *.exe NewVer\*.*
copy *.dll NewVer\*.*
copy *.lib NewVer\*.*
cls
echo List of new files:
echo.
echo DLL und LIB in Xbase++ LIB, DLL in Runtime or to EXE
echo.
dir NewVer\*.*
pause
*------------------------------------------------------------

I called mine HB_MAKE.CMD
Osvaldo Luis AokiRe: XbZLib Version 2.3
on Mon, 11 May 2015 15:24:46 +0200
Hi Andreas,

   I am just testing this ZIP library, but I saw it does not support
possibility to specify a PASSWORD to compress or uncompress. Is That true
?

   If it does, how do I do it ?

   Obs: I am using <xbzlibzip> class.

   Thanks,
   Osvaldo

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl wrote in message
>Hi all,
>
>I have created and uploaded a new version of XbZLib, including a new
version
>of the AGPZip program, to showcase the XbZLib Class.
>
>As usually, the new version, including source code and pre-compiled DLL,
>LIB, and EXE files for XbZLib Version 2.03.183 and AGPZip Version
2.02.108,
>can be downloaded from here:
>
>	http://www.EJusticeSolutions.com/EJS_OnSite/XbZLib23.zip
>
>I have included pre-compiled files for Xbase++ Version 1.90.355 as well
as
>for Version 2.00.570.
>
>And -- also as usual -- I still haven't updated the documentation. Please
>see the change log at the beginning of each file for an overview of the
most
>significant changes.
>
>The latest version corrects the routines to "Fix" corrupted Zip Files,
>specifically Zip Files that are missing their Central Directory entry at
the
>end of the file, which can happen, e.g., if a file transfer was
prematurely
>interrupted.
>
>Additionally, I included a new feature to set a "Base Directory Name" for
>file entries that are added to a Zip file, as suggested by Hubert Brandel
>some time ago. That way, required Directory entries are stored in the Zip
>File, but only to a selectable level, omitting the remainder of the file
>structure, all the way down to the root directory. This makes the
resulting
>directory structure in the Zip File relative to the selected Base
Directory.

>And, again as usual, any feedback, support and help is appreciated. If
you
>use XbZLib or even AGPZip, let me know. If you want to contribute
features,
>please post them here. We still need the options to create Zip64
structures,
>spanning (to split a Zip File into multiple smaller files) and various
>Password/Encryption options. And as mentioned before, the Help System
still
>needs to be updated, too.
>
>PS: I also made some small updates to the Xbase++ Error Code lists, which
>can be downloaded from here:
>
>	http://www.EJusticeSolutions.com/EJS_OnSite/Xb_Codes.zip
>
>Enjoy,
>
>Andreas
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: XbZLib Version 2.3
on Mon, 11 May 2015 18:02:54 -0400
Osvaldo,

>I am just testing this ZIP library, but I saw it does not support
>possibility to specify a PASSWORD to compress or uncompress. Is That true?

It is currently not possible to encrypt (or decrypt) any files with XbZLib.
There are several different encryption formats possible with Zip files, but
I haven't had the time (or need) to implement any of them, so far.

If you want, you can add such a feature yourself, though, as all the source
code for XbZLib is available to you. If you do, please post your code, so it
can be made part of the distribution and benefit all XbZLib users.

Thanks,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas.GP@Charter.net
web:   http://www.Aerospace-History.net
Osvaldo Luis AokiRe: XbZLib Version 2.3
on Tue, 12 May 2015 02:42:53 +0200
Hi Andreas,

  Thanks for your reply.

  I think I dont have time to do it...

  In my case I just only to open ZIP files with Password.

  But I will check to find another way to do it.

>Osvaldo,
>
>>I am just testing this ZIP library, but I saw it does not support
>>possibility to specify a PASSWORD to compress or uncompress. Is That
true?

>It is currently not possible to encrypt (or decrypt) any files with
XbZLib.
>There are several different encryption formats possible with Zip files,
but
>I haven't had the time (or need) to implement any of them, so far.
>
>If you want, you can add such a feature yourself, though, as all the
source
>code for XbZLib is available to you. If you do, please post your code, so
it
>can be made part of the distribution and benefit all XbZLib users.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Andreas
John Launotifications
on Thu, 20 Aug 2015 06:47:22 +0200