Alaska Software Inc. - Help: printing in USB port
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Help: printing in USB port
Carlos Beling Help: printing in USB port
on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:51:28 -0300
Hi:
good afternoon.

I can not print using the attached program. That is the scenario:
. I have a Hp Printer installed in a USB port whose name is "hp deskjet 5550 series" (as wrote
. the printer is shared
. the printer spool configuration is for receive the report in the spool mode and print it
immediately
. the attached creates the Printer Object corretly
. the program finishes normally
. nothing is printed neither with the print on nor off.

. The program is compiled with the flags -a-m-n-q-w-wu-b /link:"/pm:pm /de"
. the program is executed receiving as parameters test1.prn and the printer name (got in
the Start Menu Printer Option), in my case PrtUsb test1.prn "hp deskjet 5550 series".

. The Test1.prn is a formated report using PCL5 and starts reseting the printer sets.

Can one put me in the right way?

Beling
TIA
Pascal BoivinRe: Help: printing in USB port
on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:51:33 -0400
> using the attached program

Where is that file?
Carlos Beling Re: Help: printing in USB port
on Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:43:45 -0300
HI Pascal:
I thank you for your interest. The files are in the attached zip file.

Beling
Best regards

Pascal Boivin escreveu:
>> using the attached program
>
> Where is that file?

Usb.zip
Pascal BoivinRe: Help: printing in USB port
on Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:31:09 -0400
Here is a few things that could cause problems:

Set Device  To Print

instead of
Set Device  To Printer

You are using "Set Printer On" without "Set Printer Off".  This could
cause the print job to be discarded by Windows after a timeout instead
of being printed.  At my office, any print job that doesn't end by an
"EJECT" command and is not closed within 10 seconds after activity is
discarded by the server.  I guess it is a "feature" in some printer
driver because I have not seen this everywhere.

For testing purpore, change the output of your printer driver to
C:\output.prn (simply push the button "Add Port" to do this).  If
output.prn is equal to TEST1.PRN then you know the problem is not your
software.
Wolfgang CiriackRe: printing in USB port
on Fri, 16 Mar 2007 07:06:16 +0100
Hi Carlos,
perhaps the Deskjet 5550 is a gdi printer and has no pcl interpreter build
in ?
Regards Wolgang
Carlos Beling Re: printing in USB port
on Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:28:49 -0300
Hi Wolfgang:
good morning.
Thanks for your attention.
I never had problems with HP printers using PCL 5. My one has no information about GDI nor
PCL.
If you could please test the program with another printer may be we can see what is going
bad. Interesting is hat even I set off the printer nothing happens.
Many thanks.

Beling
Best regards