Alaska Software Inc. - Release of BOA - Build Online Applications
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Release of BOA - Build Online Applications
Chris AndriesRelease of BOA - Build Online Applications
on Thu, 16 May 2019 15:17:33 +0200
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of the system BOA Build Online
Applications..

In short: BOA is a tool which helps you to create a webbased application
without any knowledge of web technologies. You don't need to know anything
about html, css, node, angular, react, ... You only use your existing
tools to create an iAPI. You can create this with Xbase++ and re-use all
your existing business logic and the same data as your Windows
application.

You can find al the information about it on the website: https://www.boa-
platform.com. The documentation is a work in progress and will be finished
by the end of the month.

In case of any questions, you can contact me, or post to the forum on the
website.

Best regards,

Chris Andries

boamain.PNG
Edgar Borger Re: Release of BOA - Build Online Applications
on Thu, 16 May 2019 10:54:48 -0300
Hi Chris,

Woww, that looks amazing !
is there any downloadable demo of an iAPI or a small application, just to see what kind on code I would have to use to convert an existing desktop
application into BOA ?

Thanks and congrats.
Edgar

Em 16/05/2019 10:17, Chris Andries escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the release of the system BOA Build Online
> Applications..
>
> In short: BOA is a tool which helps you to create a webbased application
> without any knowledge of web technologies. You don't need to know anything
> about html, css, node, angular, react, ... You only use your existing
> tools to create an iAPI. You can create this with Xbase++ and re-use all
> your existing business logic and the same data as your Windows
> application.
>
> You can find al the information about it on the website: https://www.boa-
> platform.com. The documentation is a work in progress and will be finished
> by the end of the month.
>
> In case of any questions, you can contact me, or post to the forum on the
> website.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Chris Andries

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Chris AndriesRe: Release of BOA - Build Online Applications
on Thu, 16 May 2019 18:39:38 +0200
>Woww, that looks amazing !

Thanks, glad you like it.

>is there any downloadable demo of an iAPI or a small application, just to
see what kind on code I would have to use to convert an existing desktop
>application into BOA ?

If you want to start with your own iAPI server, see the documentation. You
can create your server with Xbase++ 2.0 or with Xb2net. The setup of the
server is rather standard.
Once your server is up and running, you can start BOA and enter user,
password and your URL: eg. http://localhost:1234. At that moment a login
request will be send to your server. You need to check that request, and
send the response as explained in the documentation. See https://www.boa-
platform.com/documentation/2-1-login-request/ for the login request and
the following topic for the response. This should be the start of your
testing.

You asked what kind of code you need to use? Just Xbase++, nothing more.
You will get a request accoring to your API. Suppose you have a table with
customer data. Most likely you will create a function rest_customer(). In
the API endpoint you will get the request as
http://yourapiserver/customer/123. This means you need to open the
customer table, go to the customer with ID=123, and returns the data in a
json format. In this data you have al the customer data.

Besides the data BOA also need information about the layout of the form.
I'm currently working on that part of the documentation.

To examine the system I would suggest to start the browser webtools with
the F12 button. This way you can see which request is send to the iAPI,
and what the response is. This will make it easier to understand how it
works.

I will see to post some code on the forum on the BOA-platform website.
This could also be helpfull for others.

Best regards,
Chris Andries.
Chris Andriesnotifications