Alaska Software Inc. - How for Multi-Lingual application ?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: How for Multi-Lingual application ?
Shum [MingYik]How for Multi-Lingual application ?
on Mon, 31 May 2004 12:32:53 +0800
Hello All,

How to develope Multi-Lingual application under VX ?

Any comment ?

Shum    [MingYik]
www.mingyik.com
Thomas Braun
Re: How for Multi-Lingual application ?
on Mon, 31 May 2004 16:35:23 +0200
Shum   [MingYik] wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> How to develope Multi-Lingual application under VX ?

The same way like with any other editor program.

Or may I rephrase... what exactly is the problem?

Thomas

Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
After a time, you may find that "having" is not so pleasing a thing,
after all, as "wanting."  It is not logical, but it is often true.
                -- Spock, "Amok Time"
Shum [MingYik]Re: How for Multi-Lingual application ?
on Tue, 01 Jun 2004 01:18:50 +0800
Hello Thomas Braun,

> The same way like with any other editor program.

How ?  (I am new to VX)

If the caption can be accept function then it's much simply

Shum
www.mingyik.com

"Thomas Braun" <spam@software-braun.de> ??? news:P2gv1wxREHA.6512@S15147418
???...
> Shum   [MingYik] wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > How to develope Multi-Lingual application under VX ?
>
> The same way like with any other editor program.
>
> Or may I rephrase... what exactly is the problem?
>
> Thomas
> --
> Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
> After a time, you may find that "having" is not so pleasing a thing,
> after all, as "wanting."  It is not logical, but it is often true.
>                 -- Spock, "Amok Time"
Thomas Braun
Re: How for Multi-Lingual application ?
on Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:23:18 +0200
Shum   [MingYik] wrote:

>> The same way like with any other editor program.
>
> How ?  (I am new to VX)
>
> If the caption can be accept function then it's much simply

I'm afraid I can't follow you.

What caption do you exactly mean?

Thomas

Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
'The file you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again at
a later time. Thank you for using Colorado.Edu computer systems.
This message brought to you by Major Domo and his group of singing
and dancing polar bears. Contact postmaster@yourdomain for booking
info.'			       -- Perry Rovers, Perry.Rovers@IAEhv.nl
Shum [MingYik]Re: How for Multi-Lingual application ?
on Fri, 04 Jun 2004 00:43:30 +0800
Hello Thomas Braun,

Let's say XbpStatic

caption of  XbpStatic  ie.: xbpStatic:caption := "ABC"   or
Xbpstatic:caption := myCapFunc(,,)

And or any other relative message string such as:  Dialog Title, Tab
Caption, Group-Box tital, ....

Shum
www.mingyik.com

"Thomas Braun" <spam@software-braun.de> ??? news:Sp3sISVSEHA.5064@S15147418
???...
> Shum   [MingYik] wrote:
>
> >> The same way like with any other editor program.
> >
> > How ?  (I am new to VX)
> >
> > If the caption can be accept function then it's much simply
>
> I'm afraid I can't follow you.
>
> What caption do you exactly mean?
>

> Thomas
> --
> Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
> 'The file you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again at
> a later time. Thank you for using Colorado.Edu computer systems.
> This message brought to you by Major Domo and his group of singing
> and dancing polar bears. Contact postmaster@yourdomain for booking
> info.'        -- Perry Rovers, Perry.Rovers@IAEhv.nl
Shum [MingYik]Re: How for Multi-Lingual application ?
on Fri, 04 Jun 2004 00:46:18 +0800
And menu as well ...

Shum
www.mingyik.com

"Shum [MingYik]" <shum@mingyik.com> bl news:D6LcRnYSEHA.6380@S15147418
g...
> Hello Thomas Braun,
>
> Let's say XbpStatic
>
> caption of  XbpStatic  ie.: xbpStatic:caption := "ABC"   or
> Xbpstatic:caption := myCapFunc(,,)
>
> And or any other relative message string such as:  Dialog Title, Tab
> Caption, Group-Box tital, ....
>

> Shum
> www.mingyik.com
>

> "Thomas Braun" <spam@software-braun.de> ???
> ???...

> > > How ?  (I am new to VX)
> > >
> > > If the caption can be accept function then it's much simply
> >
> > I'm afraid I can't follow you.
> >
> > What caption do you exactly mean?
> >

> > Thomas
> > --
> > Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
> > 'The file you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again at
> > a later time. Thank you for using Colorado.Edu computer systems.
> > This message brought to you by Major Domo and his group of singing
> > and dancing polar bears. Contact postmaster@yourdomain for booking
> > info.'        -- Perry Rovers, Perry.Rovers@IAEhv.nl

James Loughner Re: How for Multi-Lingual application ?
on Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:49:53 -0400
You might want to look at my JimClass dialog code. Basicly it will
traverse the child lists and reasign the captions/heading/footings etc
with the translation string form a lookup into a database.

http://gogalthorp.com/splash/

Jim

Shum [MingYik] wrote:

> And menu as well ...
>
> Shum
> www.mingyik.com
>
> "Shum [MingYik]" <shum@mingyik.com> ¦b¶l¥ó news:D6LcRnYSEHA.6380@S15147418
> ¤¤¼¶¼g...
>
>>Hello Thomas Braun,
>>
>>Let's say XbpStatic
>>
>>caption of  XbpStatic  ie.: xbpStatic:caption := "ABC"   or
>>Xbpstatic:caption := myCapFunc(,,)
>>
>>And or any other relative message string such as:  Dialog Title, Tab
>>Caption, Group-Box tital, ....
>>

>>Shum
>>www.mingyik.com
>>

>>"Thomas Braun" <spam@software-braun.de> ???

>>???...

>>>I'm afraid I can't follow you.
>>>
>>>What caption do you exactly mean?
>>>

>>>Thomas
>>>--
>>>Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
>>>'The file you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again at
>>>a later time. Thank you for using Colorado.Edu computer systems.
>>>This message brought to you by Major Domo and his group of singing
>>>and dancing polar bears. Contact postmaster@yourdomain for booking
>>>info.'        -- Perry Rovers, Perry.Rovers@IAEhv.nl

Thomas Braun
Re: How for Multi-Lingual application ?
on Sat, 05 Jun 2004 11:24:23 +0200
Shum   [MingYik] wrote:

> Hello Thomas Braun,
>
> Let's say XbpStatic
>
> caption of  XbpStatic  ie.: xbpStatic:caption := "ABC"   or
> Xbpstatic:caption := myCapFunc(,,)

I don't think this would be good idea... for example when should this code
be called? What if the language changes while the program is running?

This has nothing to do with VX or Xbase++. It is a question of how to
structure a class framework so all captions can be translated while the
program is running.

One possible approach may be to overload the "show()" method and include
code that stores the initial caption of the xbpart as the primary key and
translate it based on a memory (array) or disk database (dbf file) and the
current language.

One more method to overload would be "setcaption"...

Thomas

Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
"Avoid strong drink; it causes you to do stupid things like shoot at tax
collectors -- and miss."       				 -- Lazarus Long
Joe Carrick - the ManiaccRe: How for Multi-Lingual application ?
on Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:51:30 -0700
Hi Shum,

This should work fine.  The function is executed and the return value is
assigned to the caption iVar before the object is created.  If set after
creation then the object would either need to be "configured" or you could
use:

oXbp:setCaption(Myfunction(...))

It really has nothing to do with VX per se, it's just pure Xbase++

-Joe

"Shum [MingYik]" <shum@mingyik.com> wrote in message
> Hello Thomas Braun,
>
> > The same way like with any other editor program.
>
> How ?  (I am new to VX)
>
> If the caption can be accept function then it's much simply
>
> Shum
> www.mingyik.com
>

> "Thomas Braun" <spam@software-braun.de> ???
> ???...
> > Shum   [MingYik] wrote:
> >
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > How to develope Multi-Lingual application under VX ?
> >
> > The same way like with any other editor program.
> >
> > Or may I rephrase... what exactly is the problem?
> >
> > Thomas
> > --
> > Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
> > After a time, you may find that "having" is not so pleasing a thing,
> > after all, as "wanting."  It is not logical, but it is often true.
> >                 -- Spock, "Amok Time"

Eka MuratovaRe: How for Multi-Lingual application ?
on Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:24:19 +0800
"Shum [MingYik]" <shum@mingyik.com> /   :
> Hello Thomas Braun,
>
> > The same way like with any other editor program.
>
> How ?  (I am new to VX)
>
> If the caption can be accept function then it's much simply
 I'm think its not a big problem for programming. (Hint: see win32
SetWindowsHookEx()) We at Eleus Software can do this. ))

Eka Muratova
www.eleussoft.narod.ru