Alaska Software Inc. - BUG v1.9.317 ?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: BUG v1.9.317 ?
AUGE_OHRBUG v1.9.317 ?
on Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:54:53 +0200
hi,

can someone confirm this error ( attached sample ) :

--
ERROR LOG of "D:\ALASKA\_BUG\TEST.EXE" Date: 04/21/05 06:44:46

Xbase++ version     : Xbase++ (R) Version 1.90.317
Operating system    : Windows XP 05.01 Build 02600 Service Pack 1
--
oError:args         :
          -> VALTYPE: C VALUE: TEMP2
          -> VALTYPE: U VALUE: NIL
          -> VALTYPE: C VALUE: (_key)
          -> VALTYPE: B VALUE: {|| (_key)}
          -> VALTYPE: U VALUE: NIL
          -> VALTYPE: L VALUE: .F.
oError:canDefault   : Y
oError:canRetry     : Y
oError:canSubstitute: N
oError:cargo        : NIL
oError:description  : Internal data structures corrupted
oError:filename     :
oError:genCode      :         41
oError:operation    : OrdCreate
oError:osCode       :          0
oError:severity     :          2
oError:subCode      :          5
oError:subSystem    : BASE
oError:thread       :          1
oError:tries        :          1
--
CALLSTACK:
--

***

PROCEDURE MAIN
PRIVATE _KEY, _NAME
IF !FILE("TEST.DBF")
   CRE_TEST()
ENDIF
USE TEST EXCLUSIV

_name    := "TEMP1"
_key     := "TESTNR"

INDEX ON (_key) TO (_name)
CLOSE INDEX

SET UNIQUE ON
_name    := "TEMP2"
_key     := "TESTNR"

*INDEX ON &_key TO &_name FOR DFLAG <> "J"
INDEX ON (_key) TO (_name) FOR DFLAG <> "J"

CLOSE INDEX

CLOSE DATA
USE TEST
SET INDEX TO TEMP1, TEMP2
BROWSE()

RETURN

PROCEDURE CRE_TEST()
Local i
Local lflip    := .F.
Local aStruct  := { { "TESTNR","C" ,  5, 0 } ,;
                    { "DFLAG" ,"C" ,  1, 0 }  }

DbCreate( "TEST.DBF", aStruct, "DBFNTX" )

USE TEST
FOR i = 1 TO 100
   APPEND BLANK
   REPLACE TESTNR WITH STRZERO(i,5)
   REPLACE DFLAG  WITH IF(lflip,"J","N")
   IF(lflip,lflip:=.F.,lflip:=.T.)
NEXT
CLOSE DATA
RETURN

 EOF
*

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
AUGE_OHRRe: BUG v1.9.317 ?
on Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:01:45 +0200
hi,

 can someone confirm this error ?

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: BUG v1.9.317 ?
on Sat, 23 Apr 2005 02:15:57 -0400
Jimmy,

>can someone confirm this error ?

Sure. Confirmed.

But you should probably send this directly to the "official" Beta email
address: <beta@alaska-software.com>. Even though it was only mentioned
on a couple of NG posts -- and there is no mention of it in any of the
ReadX.me files of 1.90.314, 1.90.316, or 1.90.317 -- Steffen is adamant
that this is the only way that someone at Alaska will be able to notice
and respond to it. Actually, you should probably fill out an official
PDR form, even though I have to admit, that I never bothered to do this,
as I am simply too good of a programmer, and therefore waaaay too lazy
to do something mundane like this.

But seriously, send this example to the beta email, as this is a problem
that really needs to be fixed, if you want to use the NTXDBE!

-- Andreas

---                                                                      ---
  Andreas Gehrs-Pahl              E-Mail: GPahl@CharterMI.net
  415 Gute Street                     or: Andreas@DDPSoftware.com
  Owosso, MI 48867-4410               or: Andreas@Aerospace-History.net
  Tel: (989) 723-9927           Web Site: http://www.Aerospace-History.net
---                                                                      ---
AUGE_OHRRe: BUG v1.9.317 ?
on Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:29:06 +0200
hi,

> >can someone confirm this error ?
>
> Sure. Confirmed.
>
> But you should probably send this directly to the "official" Beta email
> address: <beta@alaska-software.com>.

i did it.

> But seriously, send this example to the beta email, as this is a problem
> that really needs to be fixed, if you want to use the NTXDBE!

does it meen, that it is a NTXDBE Bug only ?

thx, greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: BUG v1.9.317 ?
on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:44:47 -0400
Jimmy,

>does it meen, that it is a NTXDBE Bug only ?

Your program explicitly uses DBFNTX, so I was assuming that. But I just
tested it (slightly modified) with DBFCDX, and there is no IDSC!

I do have to say, though, that this style of Index creation (using a
macroed variable as the Index Key) will probably only work for temporary
indexes, and DBFCDX is usually not used for those type of ad hoc and
temporary indexes. If you take a look at the actual Index File, you will
see that the Index Key is saved as "(_Key)" instead of "TestNr", which
might create problems when you try to reindex or even during a simple
update of the Index, as the "_Key" variable might not exist or might
have a totally unexpected value! Therefore I would never use this kind
of construct.

But the Macro is not the cause for the error. The error is caused by
opening/adding an NTX Index that includes any kind of FOR clause!

-- Andreas

---                                                                      ---
  Andreas Gehrs-Pahl              E-Mail: GPahl@CharterMI.net
  415 Gute Street                     or: Andreas@DDPSoftware.com
  Owosso, MI 48867-4410               or: Andreas@Aerospace-History.net
  Tel: (989) 723-9927           Web Site: http://www.Aerospace-History.net
---                                                                      ---
AUGE_OHRRe: BUG v1.9.317 ?
on Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:34:21 +0200
hi,

> temporary indexes. If you take a look at the actual Index File, you will
> see that the Index Key is saved as "(_Key)" instead of "TestNr", which

yes you are right.
it was only a test with &_key, (_key), &(_key) to be sure that it was not a
wrong typo

> But the Macro is not the cause for the error. The error is caused by
> opening/adding an NTX Index that includes any kind of FOR clause!

yes, this is why temp1.ntx was created but failed on temp2.ntx

i have got the first "patch" from Alaska today so i can try it again.

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
AUGE_OHRDBFNTX Patch for BUG v1.9.317 report
on Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:14:30 +0200
> i have got the first "patch" from Alaska today so i can try it again.

after testing, the patch seems to work well.
ask Till if you have probs with v1.9.317 and DBFNTX

 greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Karl Heinz HammelrathRe: DBFNTX Patch for BUG v1.9.317 report
on Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:54:16 +0200
Hi Jimmy,

i think, that i have the same problem.

"Error Base/5 internal data strctures corrupted"

How can i get the patch?

Karl Heinz

"AUGE_OHR" <AUGE_OHR@CSI.COM> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> i have got the first "patch" from Alaska today so i can try it again.
>
> after testing, the patch seems to work well.
> ask Till if you have probs with v1.9.317 and DBFNTX
>
> greetings by OHR
> Jimmy

AUGE_OHRRe: DBFNTX Patch for BUG v1.9.317 report
on Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:50:41 +0200
hi,

beta@alaska-software.com

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Karl Heinz HammelrathRe: DBFNTX Patch for BUG v1.9.317 report
on Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:20:07 +0200
Hi Jimmy,

i did it and im waiting.....

thank you

Karl Heinz

"AUGE_OHR" <AUGE_OHR*AT*CSI.COM> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> hi,
>
>> i think, that i have the same problem.
>> "Error Base/5 internal data strctures corrupted"
>> How can i get the patch?
>
> as i wrote :
>
>> > ask Till if you have probs with v1.9.317 and DBFNTX
>
> beta@alaska-software.com
>
> greetings by OHR
> Jimmy

AUGE_OHRRe: DBFNTX Patch for BUG v1.9.317 report
on Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:35:25 +0200
hi,

> i did it and im waiting.....

i cant help you while it is not a patch only, it is a 24MB Zipfile on
Alaskas
FTP Server so ask Till for Username/PW.

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Karl Heinz HammelrathRe: DBFNTX Patch for BUG v1.9.317 report
on Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:06:13 +0200
OK!
Thank you!